What terrible casting. Neither fits the character, both can't act and he has nothing in common aesthetically with…
This being made into a male-centric drama is just a rumor, most probably spread by antis who have nothing better to do with their lives than sabotaging Dylan's every move.
Changing stories that are about the growth and journies of oppressed women and making a good chunk of them about…
If her story remains intact, what's misogynistic about it? One can tell a story about women from different perspectives. That has been done since time immemorial. These attacks are just plain sabotage. It's not even known yet if the POV is going to change.
I think the drama is going to be balanced, neither female-centric nor male-centric. I also think those who are making a big fuss of this issue are just out to sabotage the drama.
Here's an interesting comment on Twitter/X about the female-centric nature of the novel and the rumor it's going to be turned into a male-centric drama that a post claimed the novel readers won't allow:
"I wouldn't underestimate the intelligence of the readers of this novel. Intelligent people are flexible and can adapt to changes. Changing perspectives is part of their DNA, that's why they're the lifeblood of human progress. Sticking to one POV is to doom oneself to stagnation." https://x.com/peachblossom300/status/2025154008491692403
It's also one of my favorite Chinese novels. There are some discussions on social media that this might change…
XJX has a great story that is just as compelling as Shen Miao's. I think the drama is going to end being balanced - NEITHER female-centric nor male-centric
At last he is doing something concrete ..I thought he is going to appear in NBA and variety shows only for the…
I agree. He is wasting his time on other pursuits. I hope he realizes and cares that viewers feel more attached to dramas than variety shows. If he wants to stay long in the business, he might want to focus more on dramas and movies.
Kinda amused at the comments questioning Dylan's suitability for the role. In fact, the producers have been eyeing Dylan to play XJX since 2022. I understand that the producers had to force Dylan to take this role, in exchange for which, he also gets GOTD season 2. This got me interested in reading the novel and I finally understood why the producers insisted on Dylan playing XJX. All I could imagine while reading the novel was Dylan as XJX. He suits the role 100%. There were even times when I wondered whether the novel writer had him in mind while writing the character of XJX. But the novel was written in 2010's and Dylan would have been, like, 12 years old then. 🤣
this is one of my favorite novels!! hope the drama lives up to it~
It's also one of my favorite Chinese novels. There are some discussions on social media that this might change from female-centric in the novel to male-centric in the drama. What do you think?
I love Dylan and Meng Zi Yi. With equally stunning visuals, similar slim physique and perfect height difference, they look perfect together. They stood out in the Wonderland variety show, their sparring and bickering making me giggle, with the intensity of their chemistry. Can't wait to see them in this drama.
I am actually looking forward to Ziyi as Shen Miao - as a novel fan I know this role is hard to cast because we…
In real life, he's 3 years younger than MZY. In the novel, XJX is supposed to be 2 to 4 years older than SM. It seems they made him up to look older. But I hope they don't overdo it and just let him look naturally. He looks better with less makeup.
The accolades just keep coming. Congratulations to Guardians of the Dafeng for being chosen one of the Most Influential Dramas of the Year 2025 at the Kuyun Digital Entertainment Annual Influence Ceremony. https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2018568886007070790/
'Glad I'm not the only one who found it "The most 'Ahhh' kissing scene of 2025." 🥰
Congratulations Dylan Wang and Tian Xi Wei for being #4 in #Huanwang Big Data's Top 10 Kissing Scenes in Historical Dramas in 2025 that garnered the most screams online: https://x.com/MyAsianDramaonX/status/2009368127814214067
Congratulations Guardians of the Dafeng for being named *Most Popular Historical Drama of the Year* at the 2025 Entertainment Industry Awards, launched by BlogWorld and partner platforms! https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2015038988793655369
Congratulations, Xu QIan (Dylan Wang), for being one of the 6 Yunhe Faces Of The Year (Top Hit Drama Characters of 2025) at the 7th Yunhe Data (Enlightent) Cloud+ Awards https://x.com/cdramacharts/status/2001882998195785826
Congratulations, Guardians of the Dafeng, for receiving the following awards:
2025 Tencent Video Golden Penguin Awards: Blockbuster Drama of the Year Members' Favourite Drama of the Year Annual Outstanding Director Annual Outstanding Producer
7th Yunhe Data (Enlightent) Cloud+ Awards One of the Dramas of the Year
Somebody already asked this question in the past. if you want more infos, you can check it below.To give you a…
If you can't be bothered to create something that will not mislead people, then you should not publish it. Create a chart in your computer for your use and yours only. Everyone knows that anything published online will be seen by others worldwide. You talk of being rude, but don't consider your responsibility to refrain from publishing information that others can use to mislead others.
Here's an interesting comment on Twitter/X about the female-centric nature of the novel and the rumor it's going to be turned into a male-centric drama that a post claimed the novel readers won't allow:
"I wouldn't underestimate the intelligence of the readers of this novel. Intelligent people are flexible and can adapt to changes. Changing perspectives is part of their DNA, that's why they're the lifeblood of human progress. Sticking to one POV is to doom oneself to stagnation."
https://x.com/peachblossom300/status/2025154008491692403
https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2018568886007070790/
Congratulations Dylan Wang and Tian Xi Wei for being #4 in #Huanwang Big Data's Top 10 Kissing Scenes in Historical Dramas in 2025 that garnered the most screams online:
https://x.com/MyAsianDramaonX/status/2009368127814214067
https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2015038988793655369
https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2003856233254858946
https://x.com/4theLoveofDidi/status/2002231806809329848
https://x.com/cdramacharts/status/2001882998195785826
2025 Tencent Video Golden Penguin Awards:
Blockbuster Drama of the Year
Members' Favourite Drama of the Year
Annual Outstanding Director
Annual Outstanding Producer
7th Yunhe Data (Enlightent) Cloud+ Awards
One of the Dramas of the Year
Datawin:
Outstanding BuzzBull (Popularity) Award
https://x.com/WangHediFolder/status/2002360837701505195
https://x.com/XuKai_Soso0305/status/2002419467251560845
https://x.com/XuKai_Soso0305/status/2002421189864796383