News Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 11, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
I actually think he looks much better in his constable uniform than the ridiculous braids, the red robe and the…
Or in a brothel
0 1
Replying to Enigma05 • Aug 11, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
I think peacock’s prison eyeliner is on point today lol. I honestly do not know why they chose his character…
I actually think he looks much better in his constable uniform than the ridiculous braids, the red robe and the over the top make-up.
2 3
On The Wanted Detective • Aug 8, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
The evil criminal guy from today's episodes had remarkably clean hair, it was very noticeable in his close-ups.
1 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 6, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
I hope you are right. I am so in no mood for this to have a Nirvana in Fire-style ending. I know there is a school…
I usually reserve judgement until the story is told (unless something is so bad that I just drop it but this isn't one of those, at least not so far, I only dropped one show this year).
0 1
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 6, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
I hope you are right. I am so in no mood for this to have a Nirvana in Fire-style ending. I know there is a school…
Well, as you said even without the poison the tropes would still be there. Maybe the writers will surprise us and tie it all together well. Until then, I will just watch for the eye candy.
0 3
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 6, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
I hope you are right. I am so in no mood for this to have a Nirvana in Fire-style ending. I know there is a school…
Seriously, think of something original already.
0 5
Replying to Enigma05 • Aug 6, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective Spoiler
Saw some clips from possible upcoming episodes where it is in fact possible somehow to clear his poison. And honestly,…
I hope you are right. I am so in no mood for this to have a Nirvana in Fire-style ending. I know there is a school of thought that those are more realistic yadda yadda but I don't want to be saddened by my entertainment, there is plenty of crap IRL.
0 7
Replying to CostumeHEA • Aug 6, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension Spoiler
I agree; it's good but not great. What’s missing for me is the emotional interaction. It’s interesting because…
I am also a Yang Yang fan and I agree that the story started out great and lost a lot of emotional depth after the first arc. Since I am not familiar with the source material, I can't say where the fault lies here but it's certainly not with the actors. I wasn't expecting romance from this story so that certainly isn't an issue.
2 0
Replying to Phoenix23 • Aug 5, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension
I felt angst and intensity missing , maybe because of bgm..They didn't tap into emotional component of each scene…
That's fair enough, I guess.
1 0
Replying to DisGuRstingShAEt • Aug 5, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension
well it's following the same general structure for every event which can get boring. Also, the VFX may be good…
True, the 60s-70s style costumes could have been upgraded, some of them look like they walked right off the set of the original Star Trek. But I can ignore all that for a good story.
1 0
On The Immortal Ascension • Aug 5, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension
The acting is great, the VFX are well-done, the visuals are stunning, the music works, but there is something about this show that's keeping it from crossing from good to great. I guess the story just isn't engaging enough. Certainly not the fault of the cast.
4 7
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension Spoiler
Well, watching the guy run away from all the women who are trying to hit on him is kind of funny :). I don't mind…
Although I suppose something like this could admittedly happen in a xianxia, I don't watch a lot of it, this is maybe my 4th one if you include WRTW, which barely even qualifies.
0 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension Spoiler
Well, watching the guy run away from all the women who are trying to hit on him is kind of funny :). I don't mind…
I'll believe that they will mention it, but I would be really shocked if they actually showed something like this, even in a very non-explicit way.
0 1
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension
Well, watching the guy run away from all the women who are trying to hit on him is kind of funny :). I don't mind…
LOL, not in a c-drama.
1 3
Replying to Enigma05 • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension Spoiler
I find it interesting that this thing is billed as a romance first and we haven’t seen an ounce of that genre…
Well, watching the guy run away from all the women who are trying to hit on him is kind of funny :). I don't mind there not being any romance as long as the story is done well and is interesting. But I understand the frustration where the story is billed as a romance and there just isn't any.
1 6
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 3, 2025
Title Moonlight Mystique Spoiler
Just finished this and really enjoyed it (had this on hold in the middle for a while) the cast did a great job,…
wow, the body count! And all the death scenes were so sad!
0 1
On Moonlight Mystique • Aug 3, 2025
Title Moonlight Mystique
Just finished this and really enjoyed it (had this on hold in the middle for a while) the cast did a great job, but
1 2
Replying to arpar • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective
Haiya is a village, it's explained in ep 7. Someone massacred the village of haiya. Some say it was massacred…
Yes, agreed, that's my opinion too.
1 0
Replying to arpar • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective Spoiler
Haiya is a village, it's explained in ep 7. Someone massacred the village of haiya. Some say it was massacred…
@Megumi-H, :), yes, this came up in one of today's episodes - the peacock and the FL started looking at records and realized that the four ministers that were targeted for assassination served together on some counsel while the old emperor was ill/dying the year the massacre took place.
1 2
Replying to PeachBae • Aug 3, 2025
Title The Wanted Detective Spoiler
i think that he is so forgiving towards her because he knows how bad it looked plus his feelings for her. so he…
@Enigma05, yeah, so far all signs are pointing to it, we will just have to see.
0 1