I'm actually glad that Qingyu and Mingsheng didn't elope together. I know that Mingsheng is a good guy but he would be the only one she can rely on with no family as support. She would live a life of loneliness and dependency, just like Beiyu with Jinrui. And with no school graduation in their pocket, they probably would live a life similar to her parents. Going back to her family will allow her to chose a life which will not be just an echo of her sisters or mother's fate.
i like that Qingyu is not going easy on her family. She knows the truth and is determined to do the right thing, even if it hurts her own family in the process.
In ep14 preview, we can already see that she is "apologizing", but it's probably because she tries to protect her mother.
people are not minding the fact that she comes out of such a household, it's the fact that she showing jealousy!…
he is probably her only confidant and knows about her situation. of course she is afraid to lose this. you can diagree with her words to Qingyu and still have sympathy and understanding.
i like the story between Qingyu and Mingsheng but the Fl story with her family and how she will grow as a character is far more interesting and I would feel the same way even if there are no romantic feelings between FL and Ml.
Ep14 preview: Wow, that felt like a knife in the stomach seeing Qingyu apologizing... I guess she does it mainly for her mother, maybe even her father and brother.
At the end, her mother is as much a victim of patriarchy and misogyny like her sister, and to some extent even her father.
I just feel so much for Qingyu right now. she has become a hero in her own way - avenging her sister and revealing Junrui true colors, but the burden must be immense.
i think Mumu did what she did because she fears she will lose Mingsheng as her confidant. it was an manipulative move from her, but a understandable one. she lives with an abusive father and Mingsheng is the only safe place she has,but now he plans to run away... she must have feared for herself and if he will abandon her.
i already know that Qingyu's romance with Mingsheng had a good ending in the novel, but I do wonder how they will portray it in the drama. she will grow close to Mingsheng while she is at her lowest, just like Beiyu and Junrui intimate relationship started. I wouldn't be surprised if the drama is showing Qingyu and Mingsheng developing feelings for each other, but won't be in a relationship until they are older.
as much as I judge the mother, I do hope that after the revelation about Beiyu and Jinrui relationship she will find the courage to protect her daughter from the Qiao family and their wrath. This could be her redemption.
IMHO, now that the surrounding mystery about the life of Beiyu has been fleshed out, I think the romance arc will…
I do not think the focus will be only on the romance. her family is still a problem, because of the ruined wedding she is now the black sheep of the family and they will probably let her know this.
In ep14 preview, we can already see that she is "apologizing", but it's probably because she tries to protect her mother.
she is a victim and not a villain. that people are already hating her character is deeply concerning.
At the end, her mother is as much a victim of patriarchy and misogyny like her sister, and to some extent even her father.
I just feel so much for Qingyu right now. she has become a hero in her own way - avenging her sister and revealing Junrui true colors, but the burden must be immense.