News
An Intense Game of Chess..
This was a great show. Great actors who portrayed their characters beautifully. Epic storyline. Kept me wanting to know what happens next. As usual Cheng Yi nails his role. Plus i love him with white hair. The pacing and the amount of episodes what perfect. Even with so many characters and their back stories the director gave each one their time develop without being rushed or leaving me disappointed. So many shocking surprises and jaw dropping scenes. The story keeps you on your toes. Now would i recommend it.. YES! Just know this is not a love story. This is a revenge story. Would I rewatch.. YES! I love watching shows like this every now and then to break the cycle of just watching love stories and fantasies 💜Was this review helpful to you?
A Break From The Usual Watch..
Personally enjoyed this show. It was a breath of fresh air from everything that's playing right now in general.. IT'S A STORY.. I'm glad it wasn't focused on romance for once.. and just a story about the lead and his journey to cultivation. The show stuck to that theme. It didnt divert. I didnt read the novel or knew anything about it. So i went in with zero expectations. It was a.. for lack of words.. an easy and smooth watch. Do i recommend it? Yes. Would I rewatch it? Yes. If you are looking for something thats simple no frills story telling kind of show.Was this review helpful to you?
Hear me out on this one..
**sigh**Ok.. first this show stressed me tf out.. there were so many things and misunderstandings going on left and right ONLY with the ML and FL.. the rest of the characters seemed like they were more grounded and had very little conflicts with eachother.. it was so frustrating watching the ML/FL go from one misunderstanding to another.. other viewers say oh its a trust thing cuz she was being manipulated by everyone.. ok i get it but its a tv show we have very limited time on episodes so they need to wrap this sht up..
It was around ep16 i think where the story got a little less stressful between the ML/FL so i began to relax and enjoy the story more.. was then upset that after all i went through the writers couldn't even spare me in the end.. and thats all im gonna say about that..
And just some other side remarks.. this show had the noisiest foot steps 🤣 like elephants walking around.. and the weapon of choice here is poison.. idfk how many people and how many times the characters got poisoned and every time its a "rare" poison but somehow everyone survives then gets poisoned again 🤔 😮💨
I literally watched this all becuz i love the entire cast.. ive watched their shows and theyre great actors/actresses but damn the writer of this story i just want to kick u in the throat..
Would i recommend this to a friend.. mmm..yes but with warning. Would i watch it again? Probably once was good enough to traumatized me.. i mean try it.. some may like it.. tomatoes.. to-ma-toes 💜
Was this review helpful to you?
My beloved Chu Chu..
I'm glad they did a season 2.. waited and I'm happy 💜 Appreciated that they used everyone from the original cast in season 1.. ok lets get to this review..First let me just say season 1 and season 2 were both a great watch.. if you are looking for a smooth not so complicated watch.. this series is good. The detective work.. the analysis.. and how they came up with their solutions and deductions were all interesting. No cheesy acting. No extra fluff or filler scenes. The story and cases didn't drag or drive us in unnecessary circles. No annoying characters. The characters were simple and likeable. The love stories between the lead couple and 2nd leads are light and endearing. No extra characters trying to break up anyone.. thank goodness.. so tired of that in most shows. This series is not big on all the flashy fancy shmancy high budget stuff and maybe thats what makes this series more appealing. I would highly recommend this show to anyone who wants to watch a great detective-ish show without it being too serious or wants something that wont give yourself high blood pressure with the storylines.. Would I rewatch it? Yes i would. You get attached to the characters.. especially my cute Chu Chu 💜
Was this review helpful to you?
So many mixed feelings..
Finishing this drama felt like an accomplishment for me 🤣 i gritted my teeth for the most part of this show.. I always love a show with Neo in it.. and they added Wang Duo an added bonus.. and there were other guest actors that i also love watching.. but even with all that incentive i had to fast forward alot of eps especially around ep30 on. And im usually against fast forwarding cuz whats the point of it right?!.. But the story just got so messy for me.. the back and forth travel through time and so much filler eps.. it lost it's grip on my attention and the story went all over the place around eps 20ish.. and it kept going down.. I believe this show couldve been done in 30 eps or less. If you want to know how the acting was.. all the actors/characters did well in acting.. they did their best. Its the directing and story telling that was the downfall in my opinion. This couldve been better if the directors and writers thought about a better execution of this story. Now would i recommend it? As always i tell people sure cuz you might like it. But would i rewatch it? No. The story isnt enough for me to rewatch and keep me coming back for more. Once was enough to say i watched it 💜Was this review helpful to you?
Worth the wait..
Waited so long for this drama to come out.. and well I'm not disappointed 💜 the thing i loved about this drama was that the writer actually spent time on the characters.. they allowed you to like them.. love them or hate them with reason.. development wasnt rushed.. even the ending wasnt rushed like typical with cdramas.. story was chaotic and funny.. it kept my attention throughout the show.. if you're a Cheng Lei fan like me.. he does not disappoint in this.. his acting is always on point.. gorgeous and manly as ever 💜 This was a wonderful show to watch and I highly recommend it. Rewatch value? Yes I'd rewatch it again 💜Was this review helpful to you?
For Youth series Fans..
I loved this.. as much as the previous two stories from the series. I love the friendships and bonds the characters had.. no backstabbing or schemes.. just you got my back i got yours no matter what.. ride or die.. It made me want to give my bestie a hug lol But seriously this was a great show to watch.. kept me on my toes and excited for the next episode. Couldn't really find a character that annoyed me or wondered their existence. Each character.. mains and support were wonderful in their own unique ways and personalities. Dont expect too much romance or kissing or any of that kind of thing since this is a martial arts story and not a love story.. Highly recommended if you are into these types of shows which i am so i loved it 💜Was this review helpful to you?
Well another one for 2026..
Wow. That storyline was a roller-coaster ride! Every time im about to hate someone the back story made me rethink about hating them lol omg that was crazy. Kudos to the writers! Well there was one character i hated from beginning to end.. her father. The actor played that role so well that you just wanted to reach into the screen and choke him lol beautifully done for the audience. The characters on this show were all so engaging.. you really get caught up in their back stories. I loved this role for Xu Kai.. i loved how he was such a red flag.. i wasnt used to seeing him in this kind of role.. i need more of this side of Xu Kai.. it was so bad ass! Im not a big fan of the FL but i liked this character for the most part for her.. it was consistent. She didnt start off being strong and weakened in the end like i noticed on her other dramas. She stayed herself the whole time. Which i liked. The storyline kept you on your toes making you think you figured out and then the writers throw curve balls and the plot twists AGAIN! If you are into these types of storylines complicated but pulls you in then this drama is for you.. highly recommend and would truly rewatch to see if there were easter eggs i missed 💜Was this review helpful to you?
Had to take half a point off.. but hear me out..
I truly enjoyed this show overall.. He Yu was the star of this show.. his character was so endearing and hilarious.. about not giving it a perfect 10.. was because of the writers. If you are going to introduce all these characters.. at least give them proper closure.. don't just end their story abruptly and lazily.. some people just got killed off and some villains weren't punished.. just disappeared off the story.. I also had the same feeling about the ending.. felt like they couldve added another episode to make the transition smoother not just remove things and throw something else at me at the very last minute.. As for the show in general I did enjoy it and I was excited for the next episode every time.. the seriousness of palace schemes was eased with He Yu's shameless antics that cracked me up throughout the show.. The story had so many twists and turns I kept thinking I knew who the villain was and then bam plot twist.. I also liked how eventhough there were so much tension between all the princes.. they all still genuinely cared for eachother and did not intentionally harm one another as in physically if you catch my drift.. As for Meng Ziyi.. I've gotten used to her being this type of cold, stern character every time and honestly l dont see her any other way.. I would rewatch this show and I would recommend it as well.. To those who haven't watched it.. give it a try 💜Was this review helpful to you?
Ouch! This one hurt..
Lets start with this.. I love love Cheng Yi and I'm not gonna blame him for this 💜 I've watched almost all his shows.. but this one ughhh.. i finished it.. i believe there were too many characters and story was kind of all over the place.. just an example the FL.. she disappeared for several eps and her story just like disappeared into air and never went back to explain what happened.. there were so many characters who were represented poorly.. like who are you sir? Then he's ded. Wtf. And my other fave character Suifeng.. his story as well was poorly executed.. i dont blame the actors/actresses they are just following what they're told.. i blame the directors and screenwriters for this one. Would i recommend? Yes and No. Yes if you are a big Cheng Yi fan like me to show support.. and No if you're not cuz it will bore you and drive u nuts 💜Was this review helpful to you?
The first quarter was good.. then ehh.
This show had a really good start and the story was interesting. Not familiar with any of the main leads. I enjoyed it at first.. but then the flashbacks began and the show got draggy and boring. One episode started to take me a whole day to watch cuz i would get bored and turn it off. So i had to drop this one.Was this review helpful to you?
Would've been 10.. but
This show was so good when it started.. it was hilarious.. i loved most of the cast. I would've given it all the stars i possibly could give but.. the FL kinda killed it for me.. I've watched literally all of LYN shows and loved him and the FLs.. but this one was just not it for me. Practically the whole entire series she just showed she didnt care as much for the ML as he did for her like she only cared about her drama and thats it. She spoke about how the characters were real people but her role was so detached from everyone. Like it was already a few episodes till the end and she still hasnt convinced me that she was truly in love with the ML.. idk maybe its just the lack of chemistry? Idk.. 8.5 was the best i could give due to the FL..Was this review helpful to you?
Was this review helpful to you?
Underrated..
I stumbled on this drama by chance.. and it was worth it.. if you need a break from the heavy serious dramas this provides that comedic relief.. the characters all have their own quirks in their personalities which made all of them lovable.. i love how the leading couple had such a pure kind of love.. the ML will definitely drive you crazy in the beginning but that's where the growth comes in.. about being a man and having a stance of your own in the family.. eventhough it was only a short drama the writers allowed the characters to build and grow without rushing it.. I truly enjoyed this one 💜Was this review helpful to you?
A realistic story about life, love, and family..
Let's cut to the chase.. Would I recommend this drama? YES. Would I rewatch this drama? YES. This was such a lovely story 💜 Its nicely paced..for some it may be slow but it gives you a break from all the fast paced action filled drama and intrigue in every corner type of show.. the characters were all different in their personalities and paths they chose for themselves.. the characters were able to grow in their own light.. the family dynamics and love stories were relatable and realistic.. it was heart warming to see the characters and their families go through the ups and downs and come full circle 💜 now.. I have to put a special mention to Mr. Arthur Chen.. I was never a fan.. I tended to avoid his dramas/shows cuz he just wasnt appealing to me.. but by chance I gave his last couple dramas a look and every single time he has impressed me with his acting. Plus his latest dramas they styled him pretty well.. hes looking really handsome. He played this role so perfectly. You can really feel his emotions inside your heart. This show made me laugh, cry and reflect.. give it a try and watch this wonderful story 💜Was this review helpful to you?
