What's this terrible thing of introducing a new storyline close to the end of a show. First they dragged the show instead of moving it forward, then by ep. 25, introduce a new plot instead of focusing on tidying up the story they were telling, so we can have an excellent ending.
I am disappointed with this show. It had a great start until mid-way.
There is an unhealthy amount of screen time given to that petulant sister-cousin. I do not know if they’re trying to promote the actress playing that role. She’s not even the ML’s blood sister. Now she is crushing and throwing tantrums over someone she’s never met.
An annoying character. Her story she move faster please. I don’t even know why they’re spending all that time on her.
the new emperor want FL grandfather to denounce what he say about the princes back then and bash the old emperor…
Those days integrity and principles were a huge thing. Same thing happened to the Hua Family (Blossoms in Adversity), where the grandfather stuck to his principles of truth and it cost the entire family to lose their standing and fortune.
Why are there SO many flashbacks in these episodes?? I swear I’ve seen the birthday scene like ten times already.…
Welcome to C-drama mid-way effect, where they start to drag the show (to get more episodes) with unnecessary flashbacks, including flashbacks from a recent scene/immediate last episode. They act like their audience have broken brains that can't remember something they just watched 🙊.
Agreed fully. But honestly i feel cao si has some fault too. Not in the actual fight and eveyrthing else rather…
It’s been shown she’s a people pleaser. From her parents, to her co-workers, and to the guy pursuing her. It’s how she was raised. Be obedient and never resist.
Imagine when her colleagues told her to come play along with the guy just so they can have him buy things. She could have firmly rejected that idea. But, instead she went along with it, which then made the guy think she was only playing hard to get.
She was supposed to be firm and not even talk to him at all. To the extent that other family members have to defend her.
You know the Cao family could have easily apologised and explained the reasoning behind his actions. But they’ve spent up to 11 episodes (almost halfway through the drama) dragging the whole thing out.
I’m losing interest in it. At this point it feels like plot amour. With how they built the Cao’s father character, it’s not as simply as portrayed. But they’re dragging it for people who are grown adults for crying out loud.
Also, the Qi mother is getting annoying. She hurts her kids (particularly the daughter) with her words/actions. There’s no excuse to holding back the praise of how proud she was of her in the drama. Pretending she was not even there is cruel, considering her daughter was so happy and telling her all about it. Additionally, the daughter felt really beautiful and bold for this first time too.
Even with the family problems with the Cao’s, she wants her son’s love without the family she gave him too. Such ridiculousness.
I hope they move the plot forward soon. It’s getting draggy just to extend the episodes.
Big drama loophole in ep.10. If they couldn’t contact each other through phone, what happened to letter writing? I mean, the drama is taking place in the 80s/90s, before there was telephone, there was letter writing. Especially since the girl knows the address of the guy’s school. If she writes him, then he has an address to write her.
Also, it’s definitely cheaper to do a posting than a telephone call (a few Chinese maos).
So, this premise to cause a breakup isn’t really valid.
Such a feel good drama. Quite different from any C-drama I have seen before. The characters were adults and acted like one (even with all their imperfections as humans). I will miss them.
Maybe it’s from Luke? I know Luke gave her a lot of expensive bags as gifts. At the beginning of the series,…
Before they started properly dating she carried one Celine bag already. The bag he gifted her earlier on was mentioned to be a Chanel.
Are you equating presentable with designer brands? That will mean more than half of the world’s employees are not presentable at work then.
Additionally she’s mostly dressing in a business casual way for her office except when there’s an outing.
Anyway, just mentioning it because she keeps saying how broke she is, yet carries Celine bags even before her and Luke started dating properly and she started receiving gifts.
Just commentary: They wrote FL as an up and coming broke professional. Yet, due to product placement/advert for the show, they have her carrying Celine handbags 🤭. Such surprise for someone living with 4 people in a far away place from her office. You would think better accommodation/closer to work accommodation would have been a priority 🤣.
work drinking culture is a huge part where i'm from (asia). i've been part of those kind of work dinners before…
Yeah. They feel business is better discussed when one is relaxed and “free”. What better way to quickly feel relaxed than with alcohol 🤭. The part that is tricky, is if you’re drinking with a predator.
Completely forgot about this after the first 3 episodes when it was airing. Now, I’m back to it and I can’t believe I left it for so long. Such an interesting and captivating story/show. Every cast is so natural in the portrayal of their character that it doesn’t feel like they are acting.
Are we watching same drama? Anyone with commitment phobia wouldn’t be asking to date openly or even ageee to…
If that’s what you want to believe. Let’s agree to disagree.
I’ve never read the novel and don’t plan to. My assessment is purely based on what am being shown.
What I understand so far, is the guy is a terrible communicator and doesn’t deal well with social situations. Even his mum and closest friends have pointed out these facts.
Both ML and FL in fact do have terrible communication skills. One is always overthinking and never voicing out (FL) and the other doesn’t know how to actually talk (ML). Which is why even as a child, he broke a typewriter from his father instead of actually talking.
Honestly, I know people like these Leads in real life. So, I can relate to what is being shown here.
I am disappointed with this show. It had a great start until mid-way.
An annoying character. Her story she move faster please. I don’t even know why they’re spending all that time on her.
Imagine when her colleagues told her to come play along with the guy just so they can have him buy things. She could have firmly rejected that idea. But, instead she went along with it, which then made the guy think she was only playing hard to get.
She was supposed to be firm and not even talk to him at all. To the extent that other family members have to defend her.
I’m losing interest in it. At this point it feels like plot amour. With how they built the Cao’s father character, it’s not as simply as portrayed. But they’re dragging it for people who are grown adults for crying out loud.
Also, the Qi mother is getting annoying. She hurts her kids (particularly the daughter) with her words/actions. There’s no excuse to holding back the praise of how proud she was of her in the drama. Pretending she was not even there is cruel, considering her daughter was so happy and telling her all about it. Additionally, the daughter felt really beautiful and bold for this first time too.
Even with the family problems with the Cao’s, she wants her son’s love without the family she gave him too. Such ridiculousness.
I hope they move the plot forward soon. It’s getting draggy just to extend the episodes.
Also, it’s definitely cheaper to do a posting than a telephone call (a few Chinese maos).
So, this premise to cause a breakup isn’t really valid.
Are you equating presentable with designer brands? That will mean more than half of the world’s employees are not presentable at work then.
Additionally she’s mostly dressing in a business casual way for her office except when there’s an outing.
Anyway, just mentioning it because she keeps saying how broke she is, yet carries Celine bags even before her and Luke started dating properly and she started receiving gifts.
They wrote FL as an up and coming broke professional. Yet, due to product placement/advert for the show, they have her carrying Celine handbags 🤭.
Such surprise for someone living with 4 people in a far away place from her office. You would think better accommodation/closer to work accommodation would have been a priority 🤣.
The part that is tricky, is if you’re drinking with a predator.
I’ve never read the novel and don’t plan to. My assessment is purely based on what am being shown.
What I understand so far, is the guy is a terrible communicator and doesn’t deal well with social situations. Even his mum and closest friends have pointed out these facts.
Both ML and FL in fact do have terrible communication skills. One is always overthinking and never voicing out (FL) and the other doesn’t know how to actually talk (ML). Which is why even as a child, he broke a typewriter from his father instead of actually talking.
Honestly, I know people like these Leads in real life. So, I can relate to what is being shown here.