Well usually they know it’s a female disguised as man. In the legend of the female General he found quick she…
In the Female General there was already attraction, with the way he looking at her and paying attention, before he knew (the water scene later on) and then in this show, he was already feeling attracted to her as a man (which was what he was struggling with initially), before the Crown Prince asked him to go find out for sure if she was male or female.
I have been scratching my head about this for a bit, but since this drama has similar themes, I can as well ask it here. When C-dramas make a woman in disguise as a male, and then the guy/ml, even though not knowing she's female yet starts to fall for the lady, are they trying to imply the guy/ml is Bi?
I mean it's usually funny they write the shows like this. I am not sure if they actually put thought to it, except they are actually telling the audience the guy/ml swings both ways.
They did this in the Female General Drama and I found it strange. It is understandable if the affection only shows and grows when the guy/ml has become aware, even though not obviously.
Here, the guy in the drama is already fallen for the lady Bu Shilin as a man, even though he has not even been told she's a woman. 🙊
Because she also wants revenge, and to do that she needs power. Also, marrying a powerful prince in her last life…
But her character is written just like you observed. She is meant to be that way. Her former husband even confirmed it was her (last episode) by saying she's still as cruel and unfeeling like in her past life. 🙊
Because she also wants revenge, and to do that she needs power. Also, marrying a powerful prince in her last life…
Yes, unfortunately it is weird. But she has experienced life with support and that didn't work out well for her. Its understandable she wants to try something different - where she is not aloof and snobbish like in her previous life
Ep. 13: I'll just say someone needs to tell this FL, that the only reason why all these princes & emperor…
Because she also wants revenge, and to do that she needs power. Also, marrying a powerful prince in her last life didn't work out well for her original Gu family. She explained these things to her 2 female confidants and why she's going to break up with the crown prince.
She doesn't care about love. Never did in her Gu family era. She understands the power play of the court and her Gu family got wiped. The prince who had power and was smart with court and powerful family backing didn't do much. Only saved her from getting killed which annoyed her. That was why she killed herself at the start of the show. She preferred dying with her family.
This time, she wants to wield the power herself. Marrying a prince without powerful backing allows her to be the main power holder and it won't be a struggle like in her previous life.
I am happy to announce that the editing seems to have improved after Ep. 1. I enjoyed Episodes 2-5. The FL’s character is interesting and I’m curious about the other characters as well. A great plus to this show, so far, is its humour.
See first about eunuch every one knows inthe capital that the princess is innocent and does not have scheming…
You don't understand my complaint. I am not talking about the story, I am talking about the FLOW OF THE STORY, HOW IT WAS CUT BY THE EDITOR. I understand perfectly what is going on in the scenes, I just have a problem, WITH HOW THE SCENES WERE CUT. One minute Eunuch is challenging her and they are staring at each other, in her house; the next minute he is kneeling and tied up on a cliff. It feels like something was missing of happened but was cut and it affected the flow. Also, how did the ML suddenly know they were on the cliff? This was a random and instantaneous incident (the FL deciding to punish the Eunuch).
ML always happen to be standing by in every scene so far 😅
So, he is essentially stalking the FL with nothing of his own to do. Even when the scenes don't require him to be there. Like why is he at the cliff, how did he know the FL will go there? The incident with the Eunuch just happened and it was unplanned too.
Ok, what's with Ep. 1 of this show. This is not the place to cut out scenes from a show. It ruins the flow and understanding. One minute the Eunuch is staring menacingly at her and acting all powerful, next minute they are on a cliff and he's kneeling/even get killed, the ML and his guard also happens to be just standing by. It felt so random. Then cut to the scene of setting up a challenge to win a so called vine, like how. The reasoning behind that whole scene, plus the execution its so off. I need to flog whomever was the Editor for this drama. Anyway, I will watch the rest of released episodes before making a final call.
4 Episodes in and I can't imagine how good this show is. I have been randomly clicking C-dramas and giving them 2-4 episodes to see which clicks. This one is quite nice so far.
Managed to finish season 1. It’s largely a good show. Still don’t like the lawyer relationship arch for Mark Chao. I feel it’s unnecessary (like it was just put in there to give him a relationship) and I found the lady’s character annoying.
Another thing I didn’t like, was how everyone was gaslighting Mark Chao’s character to let go of his abandonment issue. They kept hammering of how long ago it is and that family is family. Meanwhile, I don’t remember the mother actually apologizing to him. She just made excuses for her actions and never took responsibility for leaving a little child and then making a whole new family afterwards.
But I guess China has to somehow promote family unity at all cost, and filial piety even if the parent is an asshole. I however, did enjoy the medical cases.
When C-dramas make a woman in disguise as a male, and then the guy/ml, even though not knowing she's female yet starts to fall for the lady, are they trying to imply the guy/ml is Bi?
I mean it's usually funny they write the shows like this. I am not sure if they actually put thought to it, except they are actually telling the audience the guy/ml swings both ways.
They did this in the Female General Drama and I found it strange. It is understandable if the affection only shows and grows when the guy/ml has become aware, even though not obviously.
Here, the guy in the drama is already fallen for the lady Bu Shilin as a man, even though he has not even been told she's a woman. 🙊
She doesn't care about love. Never did in her Gu family era. She understands the power play of the court and her Gu family got wiped. The prince who had power and was smart with court and powerful family backing didn't do much. Only saved her from getting killed which annoyed her. That was why she killed herself at the start of the show. She preferred dying with her family.
This time, she wants to wield the power herself. Marrying a prince without powerful backing allows her to be the main power holder and it won't be a struggle like in her previous life.
A great plus to this show, so far, is its humour.
Also, how did the ML suddenly know they were on the cliff? This was a random and instantaneous incident (the FL deciding to punish the Eunuch).
One minute the Eunuch is staring menacingly at her and acting all powerful, next minute they are on a cliff and he's kneeling/even get killed, the ML and his guard also happens to be just standing by. It felt so random.
Then cut to the scene of setting up a challenge to win a so called vine, like how. The reasoning behind that whole scene, plus the execution its so off.
I need to flog whomever was the Editor for this drama.
Anyway, I will watch the rest of released episodes before making a final call.
Another thing I didn’t like, was how everyone was gaslighting Mark Chao’s character to let go of his abandonment issue. They kept hammering of how long ago it is and that family is family. Meanwhile, I don’t remember the mother actually apologizing to him. She just made excuses for her actions and never took responsibility for leaving a little child and then making a whole new family afterwards.
But I guess China has to somehow promote family unity at all cost, and filial piety even if the parent is an asshole.
I however, did enjoy the medical cases.
Time for season 2.