Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 13 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 12, 2025
Replying to BaekhyunoonaID • Aug 18, 2026
I was wondering why such a brilliant mind like Madam Yu could birth such a shameless son who would not survive…
She suffocated him into adulthood, always programming his life to the last detail, ordering him exactly what to do, not giving him any options and not letting him take any decisions for/about himself. No wonder he grew up into a resentful man child.
1 1
Replying to BaekhyunoonaID • Aug 18, 2026
I wonder if the director would make it like POJ's bed scene. It was jawdropping and I thought the censor board…
They did cut part of the dialogue in the bed scene, when CY says she cannot take it anymore and she needs to sleep.
1 6
Replying to Casuallyenjoyingdramas • Aug 18, 2026
I liked Genius Girlfriend, enjoyed it but even if it was still running this show would've surpassed it with a…
Ditto. I liked Genius Girlfriend, but if I were forced to choose I'd drop it for this one without a second thought. Also I didn't like Hu Yi Tien's character nor his interpretation of it, while I think both leads and main support characters are nailing it in this one.

In my view, The Road To Splendor is vastly superior.
6 0
Replying to Casuallyenjoyingdramas • Aug 18, 2026
Why do that when there are guards outside to catch you anyways? What she did made more sense for her to escape?
The wood and paper are very fragile when villains kick them in from the outside, but unbreakable when the hero/heroine try to escape from inside. Just believe it! 😑
2 0
Replying to Bingedramawatcher • Aug 18, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Hi guys!I am planning on watching this drama. Before that i want to know if it's my cup of tea.So, please spare…
1) No
2) Oh, yes
3) No. There is the villain obsessed with FL, but she firmly, even brutally rejects him every single time.
4) Not up to ep 19, which is the last one I've watched. By the way it's going and the previews for future eps, it doesn't look like there will be any.
5 1
Replying to chotoranii • Aug 18, 2026
someone save him!!!!
In that case I presume the baby will end up with someone else. At this stage virtually any adoptive parents would be a better choice than that family.
0 0
Replying to La Gata • Aug 18, 2026
Using an apparent compliment as a covert slight. I find it odious.
Oh, dear. You'd have to work a lot harder.for me to struggle with your very poorly disguised attempt at an insult. Keep dreaming.
0 1
Replying to Swizzleberry • Aug 18, 2026
Right like why does it feel like they're 15 mins long
Thank you, and you're welcome. I can't remember what ep it is, otherwise I'd include that info. Enjoy the rewatch, as I'm sure you will. 🤗
1 0
Replying to T.S.Johnson • Aug 17, 2026
Are they gonna try and give Yake a redemption arc? I'm gonna be annoyed if they do.
I don't see how, she's getting nastier.
1 0
Replying to Nightingale • Aug 17, 2026
people are talking about the plot, so if you didnt watch makes sense you lost the plot lmao
That's what I do, first I watch the drama then I read the comments.😂
0 0
Replying to chotoranii • Aug 17, 2026
someone save him!!!!
Well, Madame Yu has already made it clear in front of everybody she intends to take her grandson and raise him herself. Not necessarily a good outcome, given how her son turned out.
2 2
Replying to Swizzleberry • Aug 17, 2026
Right like why does it feel like they're 15 mins long
When you rewatch that scene in POJ you'll know what I mean, it's quite unique.

Chang Yu has arrived at the military camp looking for Yan Zheng (she still doesn't know he's the marquis of W'an). It's nighttime, she goes inside the small military tent that has been assigned to her and lies down on the bed, but cannot get to sleep, she misses him.

Xie Zhen comes back to the campament in full military gear as the marquis. He's tired and pensive, he misses her. He sees a sac of grain or something right by the side of her tent and sits on it.

Neither of them knows the other is in the campament, but they are right next to each other, separated only by a piece of canvas. She lights a lantern and sees his figure projected as a shadow on the side of the tent, he sees hers from the other side. They start reaching their hands towards each other, but when they are about to touch the lantern falls over, the light goes off and their shadows disappear. Both of them stay still for a moment, shake their heads and think they must be crazy to imagine the person on the other side is the one they long for. She turns her back, lies down again and tries to sleep. He gets up and leaves.

It's a breathtaking scene.
1 2
Replying to La Gata • Aug 17, 2026
...on ep 19, when FTY makes a point of telling Madame Yu that the FOUR confessions had been dealt with. Madame…
The acting is outstanding all around, from the leads to the relevant support characters.

Agree that Madame Yu is a really well written character, brought alive by Wen Zheng Rong's sterling performance (I just looked her up because I recognised her. She's a well seasoned actress, she's been in a bunch of top dramas).
3 0
Replying to La Gata • Aug 17, 2026
I think you may be reading too much into it. She couldn't just race to him and swing herself from his neck in…
At the garrison, not at the Yu mansion in front of all the guests!😂🤣😂
3 0
Replying to Swizzleberry • Aug 17, 2026
Right like why does it feel like they're 15 mins long
The scene with the identifiable shadows through the white screen has been lifted almost intact from POJ, except Chang Yu is inside a military tent and Xie Zheng is on the other side.

I am loving this drama, but to Caesar what is Caesar's.
1 4
Replying to anya • Aug 17, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
I hope to god they don't redeem yake at the end she deserves to suffer just as much as YJX
She's a bag of jealousy. To make matters worse, her self-centred husband who never loved her is obsessed with FTY and is also taking a concubine. It also looks like her mother in law is about to remove her baby son from her and raise him herself.

I think she's already in hell.
3 0
Replying to ChocolateBrownie • Aug 17, 2026
Guys let's play a Guessing Game!!!In the trailer, Madam Yu said the line "If you want to stand at the top,…
I think she says that to Yake at FTY's mock funeral, at the beginning of the drama. I'm not sure I remember that correctly, though.
0 0
Replying to Delomy • Aug 17, 2026
yooooo I'm nervous, bcs why did she stare dead at him at the end? Can't we talk it out plss. I hope it was only…
I think you may be reading too much into it. She couldn't just race to him and swing herself from his neck in front of everybody. 😂
1 3
Replying to Lela2004 • Aug 17, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
EP19: Great cinematography. Am I the only one wondering how the emperor is up to date on ML’s love life? Sure…
Emperor is up to date with everything, he's a smart one and he's obviously been keeping an eye on ZL. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still going around incognito.
5 0
Replying to mparthur • Aug 17, 2026
Ding Yu Xi is not as good looking as He Yu but man, this guy is handsome in this drama. His admiration for FTY…
Using an apparent compliment as a covert slight. I find it odious.
10 3