Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: April 13, 2020
Replying to crydollz • Sep 30, 2022
WHAT, I recently got into turkish dramas and shining inheritance is one of my fav kdramaI got to watch it, THANK…
Give the 2 shows I recommended a try. Since I watch mainly for the chemistry of the leads, I found myself marathoning the above. I feel like Turkish dramas do lead couples well but the plot certain times just veers off.
2 1
Replying to Leaves45 • Sep 30, 2022
Title Bad Romeo Spoiler
So in Paradise the heroine, Meredith Bancroft is a departmental store heiress and the hero Matthew is poor. They…
I haven't watched GRGR for a long while now but honestly it was not one of NY lakorn that I liked. He literally harassed the crap out of her and forced himself on her many times. If you read Paradise you will see how very very closely similar this show and that novel is and Also Judith McNaught is a super best seller romance novelist so it's very possible that Anne read this somewhere. The novel was out in the 90's I believe. I mean even the fiancee and the best friend and especially the 'Lost time' thing were very similar. Of course I am sure there are many other stories where leads break up and then guy gets super rich...but the fact that there is a letter, divorce, and then they find out they are still married, the crazy dad just all seemed very similar.
1 1
Replying to crydollz • Sep 29, 2022
WHAT, I recently got into turkish dramas and shining inheritance is one of my fav kdramaI got to watch it, THANK…
LOL anytime.. All our drama worlds are Colliding. I am so glad turkish dramas are catching on too.
If you have watched kdrama Secret...that also has a Turkish remake Marium. Again as with most Turkish dramas it has a LOT more episodes than the Korean counterpart.
If you are looking for more suggestions, I am happy to give many more.
My favourite so far has been Son Yaz (the chemistry ...God, the chemistry, acting, plot, just addictive) and Seyah Beyaz Ask about forced marriage (again the CHEMISTRY/Soundtrack/Acting).
1 3
Replying to Leaves45 • Sep 29, 2022
Title Bad Romeo Spoiler
1) I am pretty sure this lakorn is based on the novel Paradise by Judith McNaught (will explain separately below)..the…
So in Paradise the heroine, Meredith Bancroft is a departmental store heiress and the hero Matthew is poor. They meet when they are young....she gets knocked up.. They get married and the dad tries to keep them apart. There is a switcheroo of the letters at the hospital and misunderstanding. No side plot about murders/organ donors etc. Anyway Meredith hates Matthew and he Hates her. He become a multi millionaire and is most eligible bachelor in town. Meredith is now engaged to Lawyer . She also has a friend who has feeling for the lawyer finacee (very similar to Bad romeo). Matthew and Meredith find out that they are still married and she can't get married again. Matthew finds out about how Meredith was innocent and he asks her to spend once a week with him because he wants "lost time". Sound familiar???? At the end Matthew gets implicated again and Meredith has to decide whether she trusts him again. Except in the novel Matthew gets fed up with her lack to trust and walks away. Then Meredith's father gives her a choice...CEO at company OR walk away...and she FINALLY stands up and walks away bec she thinks Matthew is more important. The angst in the novel is amazing. There is no random Asia plot and I think Bad Romeo needed to fix some editing to really explain some of the plot points.
OverALL Yaya was as beautiful /sweet as I had picture Meredith in my head and Mario was a bit younger but as hot headed as Matthew. This is why I think P'Anne read Paradise.
1 6
On Bad Romeo • Sep 29, 2022
Title Bad Romeo
1) I am pretty sure this lakorn is based on the novel Paradise by Judith McNaught (will explain separately below)..the similarities are too many
2) Yaya and Mario have Sizzling chemistry maybe right below Yaya and Mark in Klewen Cheewit. I say this as Yaya and Nadech fan, the chemistry here is much more sizzling than in her lakorns with Nadech. That Doritos eating Scene??? rewatched and rewatched
3) I agree that the Asia and Mario plot was completely unnecessary and added nothing to the plot . We already know he has a terrible life...geez.
4) Yaya's character needed more growth and I think they should have done what the heroine did in Paradise to show that she finally stood up to her dad.
5) NO RAPE!! I can't believe I have to say this but too many forced kisses and harassment in some lakorns.
OverALL addictive drama even if there were unnecessary side plots and I BINGED watched it in a couple of days. More Mario Yaya please.
8 29
Replying to Aditya Swizo • Jul 21, 2022
Title Start-Up
Glad that you watched without any prejudices , because most of them watch with prior bias and drop the drama midway,If…
LOL to be honest if you were watching the drama live, I can see why there may be confusion because they really set up Jin Pyo a lot in the first few episodes especially with the relationship with grandma. On the other hand they also had a lot of characters revolving Do San, eg his parents, his cousin, his friends, so there was definitely a lot of story for Do San being the male lead as well. It just happened that Jin Pyo came in strong with the first episode and it was probably hard for some viewers to let that go. I thankfully checked who she ended up with so I knew to keep an eye out for Do San when I started and then he won me over anyway with his sweetness and charm and his chemistry with Dal mi as I watched the show. That did not take away from the fact that Jin PYO was an excellent character and acted very well.
5 0
On Start-Up • Jun 27, 2022
Title Start-Up
I absolutely love this show. Never watched NJH or KSH's other projects but I found them both to be excellent actors here. I know Suzy usually gets criticized but I thought she did good in her role. I thought she had great chemistry with both leads but yeah it was Nam Do San all the way. Acting by all the supporting characters + family dynamics+ great Ost + bromance made for a terrific show. I believe the writer also wrote Pinocchio another one of my favs.
15 3
Replying to Leaves45 • Jun 11, 2022
I agree with you about the ending. While watching the last episode I literally said out loud WTH did I just watch?
Not at all. Seemed so random and "resolved" quickly and very poorly.
0 0
Replying to Leaves45 • Jun 11, 2022
I agree with you about the ending. While watching the last episode I literally said out loud WTH did I just watch?
LOL I had to go watch some BTS videos of the lead to remove the bad taste. It's bec of the end that this is Not a rewatch for me.
0 0
Replying to Kelekat • Jun 11, 2022
OH. MY. GOD. Your first sentence says it all. I LITERALLY said exactly the same thing. I didn’t even read what…
yes, I feel bad for the actors who put in a lot of work. Such a shame when BTS drama can ruin the work of so many.
0 1
Replying to Kelekat • Jun 11, 2022
OH. MY. GOD. Your first sentence says it all. I LITERALLY said exactly the same thing. I didn’t even read what…
hahah nice you meet you kindred spirit. Now the dilemma of finding a new show to watch.
0 0
Replying to Kelekat • Jun 8, 2022
OH. MY. GOD. Your first sentence says it all. I LITERALLY said exactly the same thing. I didn’t even read what…
Sigh...I am gleaning that from some of the other comments. What a waste of all that talent and effort. I wish they had put in a bit more effort in finding someone who could do a better and logical conclusion. I understand funds were likely a constraint at that point.
0 4
Replying to Kelekat • Jun 8, 2022
Title Who Rules the World Spoiler
OH. MY. GOD. Your first sentence says it all. I LITERALLY said exactly the same thing. I didn’t even read what…
I have most definitely not recovered from the GOT betrayal (don't think I will). LOLOL. As creators you put in so much effort in the beginning and then screw it all up at the end which is simply disrespectful to the audience honestly.

Ex why did Langxi want the throne this whole time if he was gonna give it all to Huang Chao at the end? What about all the people who died in battles for him? Sure he wanted to spend 10 years with Fl but that doesn't mean Huang Chao was all of a sudden good option? He killed a whole bunch of people since the beginning but okay now everyone is fine with him being an emperor. His wife was also scheming and duped people (remember the fairy title?). She was now the empress so Good luck to this country. Not the mention, the puppet emperor just gave his edict to Lagxi and walked off the stage..Okay.
They didn't even look explore the whole connection btw Langxi being a nephew of the emperor! (Lol....Just like Jon Snow being Targaryen mean nothing really at the end)
Agreed with what you said about the final fight...so anti-climatic. Characters were just explaining their reasoning and admitting their evil plans to each other like this was a grade 2 play. The complexity from the beginning disappeared.
Also they pretty much forgot about the main romance near the end. The build up was so long and they had much more chemistry in the beginning of the show.
2 2
On Who Rules the World • Jun 8, 2022
I feel the way I felt after GOT ending. The show started out so promising and then the conclusion was so rushed with someone getting the throne that did not deserve it. I liked the chemistry btw the leads and they were very very likeable. Both Yang and Lusi were excellent in portraying their characters and I was so happy to see leads that did not make stupid drama mistakes. The writing just went south near the end. I also don't know why the identities were a secret for so long when they didn't even have a big reveal. I wish more of Leads chemistry was explored and more of the FL's family dynamics were followed. Overall I think the rating here is way way too high. I would say 7.5-8 max.
8 12
Replying to Inksplosh • Jun 7, 2022
I rewatched the whole drama again and has clearer pictures of what was going on...What could have been the best…
I agree with you about the ending. While watching the last episode I literally said out loud WTH did I just watch?
2 6
Replying to sunny11k • Apr 21, 2022
Title Miss Truth
I'm on ep 20 and the 1st ml is driving me crazy. Why does he always need to threaten her to make her do things?…
Hey so in the beginning the FL is interested in the 2ndML but then something happens (don't wanna spoil) and then she slowly starts falling for the ML. I always thought that she had more chemistry with the ML. They were bickering right from the start. I also knew who the ML was so I was more invested in him anyway. LOL Not sure if this helps? I really liked their chemistry. The plot was choppy thought. Give it a try. Btw does your name have anything to do with the Thai Drama Nabi?
0 3
Replying to Azet • Mar 16, 2022
If i would EVER want to re-watch this drama,then it would solely be for the early intense scenes between Nabi…
LOL what a waste...had a whole tattoo plot line about the important of the name only for the FL never to find out about it.
1 0
Replying to andStace • Mar 16, 2022
Story had great potential, but it became trash especially the 2nd half. I liked the drama up til ep 11. They totally…
I agree with everything you said.
0 2
Replying to pinkbutterfly • Mar 16, 2022
Ughhh...this drama could have had potential. I dropped it after epi 10. I could not stand watching how much of…
you are right...this could have had so much potential. Interesting concept but terrible execution and wasted chemistry.
1 0