I lost it with the heart transplant. He got a donor same-day, has no problems and can lead a normal life... They might as well have put a talking donkey in this show because that is pure fantasy. Honestly, my favorite part of this show was when the gangster lady finally got shot.
I don't think the acting was that terrible but the writing was dreadful. They ran out of plot very quickly and kept spinning their wheels. While I appreciate that there wasn't an unnecessary break-up in the penultimate episode which has become a cliché in BLs, the show had just run out of steam.
The one thing I very much appreciate, but hate that it was crammed into the last episode, was Q's therapy. I often see, especially on other pages here, commenter's saying the character should just go to therapy. Mental health services are not widely accepted here in Thailand, and even less so in other Asian countries. There is a very real stigma, feelings of failure or negative reactions from previous generations and elders when it comes to mental health services.
I'm not sure its depiction is realistic but therapy is so underrepresented that I feel it's a "visibility at any cost" type of situation.
So I didn't hate this show, it wasn't the worst thing produced, but there have been so many better programs (although maybe not this year).
I personally think Earth cannot act his way out of a paper bag and if he could then he would be getting better…
This is how I feel about Bas' acting. Watching the scene with him in bed getting the bill of his damages, with his silly expressions, I just kept thinking "Wow, if this made it into the episode, that means this was his best take..." I had actually warmed to him a little bit when he was doing his supporting work with Earth (who is not my favorite but at least showed a bit of range in previous work), but he's not a lead, he just doesn't have the skill to pull off slapstick effectively, which seems to be the direction of this show.
This was... not good. And not anyone's fault, the actors are fine (even if they look a bit old for their parts), the direction is fine, it just seemed copy/paste of the Thai version, and I didn't love love love that one, so why watch it again? I will say, given that Mame is still in control of this version, it will probably be EXACTLY the same because she exerts a high level of quality control (even if you don't agree with the qualities she's aiming for). It will be an interesting exercise in seeing if it'll be a shot for shot remake (like the first episode) or more freely adapted (like say the Thai version of Cherry Magic)
This is a good show, very well done, but I sincerely hope none of these people end up together. I hope they all become strangers and never meet again. The taekwando teacher deserves someone who'll care for and love him, the poor abused guy deserves a therapist that offers a discount, and the lawyer deserves to be in the gay Korean adaptation of The Devil Wears Prada that he thinks he's in.
I loved the original and I like how this version is sketched differently but I still end up with the same feelings about each of the characters. The exception is Aim, whom I despised in the original, and while I still don't care fo her, I understand her more and have some empathy for her situation. They also made Earn much less of a creepy stalker this time around. Noh is still wishy-washy and won't give definite answers, which is his character. Phun is still trying to make competent choices and not hurt anyone, but is conflicted about his feelings. Yuri is still the prototype for the BL girl that you hate in every series because this is where that trope started. This is very well done and one of the few remakes that actually feels like it should exist (the original was just way too long and had so many characters that Game of Thrones was jealous).
This show is a train wreck. I don't care about the slow burn, but I don't like the characters anymore. Joker was…
I think the writers just don't know what they're writing about. Joke's heists are devoid of tension and so he never seems like the master thief they make him out to be. The writers put in broad strokes but no details to fill in a character. Hope is an example. His behavior switches so often because he becomes whatever the story needs him to be so he isn't actually anything. The most clearly defined character is actually Arun.
Until finally coming to the comments section, I had no idea there was supposed to be a romance in this series. I seriously just thought it was a very badly written Robin hood vs. Mafia knock-off... And I say badly-written because it's wholly dependent on the Idiot Plot.
I mean, someone who managed to break into security cameras for an entire secure building conveniently forgets about the camera in the parking garage? Or he is surprised when they search him after he turns himself in for stealing? There is not one point where a single character makes the smart choice because they have to be as stupid as requires to move the plot forward.
By the way, to everyone saying "how is it bad?", that's the answer. Idiot Plot programs or films can work perfectly fine (usually horror movies) but they have to be superbly acted, and this show doesn't quite pull it off.
I've tried 3 times to sit down and watch episode 1, but every time I get totally bored. I've been pushing through it even though it meanders and has no point. If this is how sloppy episode 1 is, and padded with unnecessary scenes, I can imagine the rest of the series is just as poorly made. Judging from the comments, my prediction seems to be correct.
The first I saw of him was in Bangkok Love Stories and he carried his storyline completely so I've kept up with…
Right, I've seen comments like "He always carries weak storylines and bad actors because he's so good".... If he's so good, why not give him a good script and good co-stars, duh!
I adore Pond. He was glorious in 180 Degrees, and lit up the screen on Century of Love. To think that he has to…
The first I saw of him was in Bangkok Love Stories and he carried his storyline completely so I've kept up with him, but when I saw the others in the cast (specifically Bas), I groaned.
Every time I watch the next episode, I have to try to recall what happened previously. I mean, I like the show,, I keep watching it, but it just doesn't last in my memory at all. It's a shame because I really like it and I love Charles Tu but I feel like I only remember like 15 mins of the last 10 episodes.
The only problem I have with this series is Orca. I can't look at him, I don't believe him, I just can't stand him at all. His song was autotuned to the point of barely being English, but it was actually the best song. Deport Orca back to Thailand and let's resume the show... And no I don't care about his supposed relationship because he's a liar.
The gay Cafe owner / school teacher / ninja vigilante couple are such a weird addition to this show. And the Jenny teacher is so annoying, I was so happy she got kidnapped. I have no idea what they're doing in this show especially because their stories are moving at a completely different pace than the main couple... if they are a couple.
As of now, I'm watching to find out how bad this gets. I like the brother/friend couple. The two girls suck, they've always sucked and I resent having had to spend so much time with them (and that whole twist is badly written). The main characters have gone down so many rabbit holes that I'm not even sure they resemble the people in the first episode. I'm genuinely confused as to what this show is about.
Everyone has grown on me except Mudmee. She's so annoying and every episode I keep praying she get transferred or something so I won't have to see her. Half is too nice to deal with all her nonsense.
Mixing black coffee (or an espresso shot) with fruit juice (orange, pineapple, kiwi, longan, etc.) is very common…
The truth is I'm not quite sure. I haven't learned to tell them apart because they all look the same to me but I see 4 different types (their names are all in Thai so I never learned the names) and then there's a green one that looks like a big lime but has orange flesh. Each one comes from a different region and supposedly you can tell where they are from based on what flavor orange they choose. I know one of them tastes more like a grapefruit. None of them truly taste like oranges from America (American orange juice is like $15 because of the import tax), but commercial orange juice has a little bar on the bottom with a range from tart to sweet to show you where it falls on that scale. The green oranges are in the middle. But there are subtle changes like that in a lot of food here. Like beef for instance doesn't mean cow it means ox, so beef burgers have a totally different texture unless you buy McDonald's lol
I don't think the acting was that terrible but the writing was dreadful. They ran out of plot very quickly and kept spinning their wheels. While I appreciate that there wasn't an unnecessary break-up in the penultimate episode which has become a cliché in BLs, the show had just run out of steam.
The one thing I very much appreciate, but hate that it was crammed into the last episode, was Q's therapy. I often see, especially on other pages here, commenter's saying the character should just go to therapy. Mental health services are not widely accepted here in Thailand, and even less so in other Asian countries. There is a very real stigma, feelings of failure or negative reactions from previous generations and elders when it comes to mental health services.
I'm not sure its depiction is realistic but therapy is so underrepresented that I feel it's a "visibility at any cost" type of situation.
So I didn't hate this show, it wasn't the worst thing produced, but there have been so many better programs (although maybe not this year).
I mean, someone who managed to break into security cameras for an entire secure building conveniently forgets about the camera in the parking garage? Or he is surprised when they search him after he turns himself in for stealing? There is not one point where a single character makes the smart choice because they have to be as stupid as requires to move the plot forward.
By the way, to everyone saying "how is it bad?", that's the answer. Idiot Plot programs or films can work perfectly fine (usually horror movies) but they have to be superbly acted, and this show doesn't quite pull it off.
The we go directly to a peeing scene... Which had me cackling so hard.
This show is a mess. It's not good but it's entertaining in bursts. Most of it is a drag.