So now this is the present day and it's two years later so the old Joe is now in a new Joe’s body. (So now you…
Genius. Thank you. I have never hated any movie/tv show/book/poem/short story/pamphlet/fortune cookie fortune/horoscope/spam e-mail/text message as much as I hated this program. You’re doing the Lord’s work by writing this synopsis of all the psychos that populate this program.
I see all the people in the comments blaming Mo for not communicating well, but if you were dealing with someone as consistently emotionally unintelligent as Heng, wouldn’t you give up too? Every single character was a red flag. Mo doesn’t communicate. Heng is a total moron. The Boss… don’t even get me started on him.
But I also know that this is because I dislike this story, the actors did fine, but I just think this is horrible writing.
When we found out that he made up the parallel worlds thing, I kept trying to anticipate where this was going. At first, I thought it was going to be some kind of split-personality disorder and it’s not parallel worlds, but other identities… I had all these theories…. But then it was just nothing. I was enjoying this but it ended up being very disappointing.
All of my gay friends in Bangkok are obsessed with this show and I totally understand why now. This is very realistic in how day-to-day life is in Bangkok. Although it was odd that they filmed in front of my condo and some of my laundry was on my balcony haha
Am I missing something? Don’t come at me, but so far, this is kind of dumb. I love Earth//Mix, like love them;…
I’m kind of with you, although I really applaud Earth for swinging for the fences in trying this role, which is so different from the other shows they’ve done together. I can see why they’d be attracted to it, even if watching it is exhausting (I hate the daughter so much that I actually groan out loud every time she appears)
Dropped this at ep11 3 years ago. I'm planning to pick it up again cause they said it was really really good.…
It is a challenge to get into because of how long it is, but it’s such a rewarding watch. A 30 episode flashback is a big ask, but without it much of the story is confusing. I wish you luck, it really is wonderful.
"It also sheds light on people who see same-sex relationships as mere fiction, like Teerak’s dad. He was shown…
You totally misunderstood my comment and that’s fine. I’m saying it’s not realistic because the situation is resolved too easily and sets up false hope for easy solutions. I don’t think Thailand is as progressive as you seem to think I do. Having worked in schools in Thailand for a number of years, I have seen these circumstances end in not-so-pleasant results. I am commenting on a Thai program directed at a Thai audience setting up false expectations for Thai people.
Asian dramas just cannot stop excusing and even glorifying this absolutely horrific parental behaviour. And they…
This type of abuse occurs often, I’ve seen it teaching queer kids in Thailand. I saw one father tell his 14-year-old son to wait until he’s in University so that he can transition (from male to female) and when the son told him he was gay not trans, the father said he’d prefer him to transition because he could be proud of a daughter but not a gay son.
Stop normalizing and excusing abusive parents on tv because it makes it okay in real life.
"It also sheds light on people who see same-sex relationships as mere fiction, like Teerak’s dad. He was shown…
You’ve touched on a few things that I dwelt upon while watching this because, while I appreciate the attempt, I’m not sure this subject was handled appropriately. In fact, I personally think it was handled quite recklessly. Having lived in Thailand for so many years now, I fear this portrayal may actually put LGBT kids in abusive situations and cause harm. I’m very disappointed and might have preferred the fantasy “all families are accepting” trope.
I can’t stop laughing because I was walking past a cinema in Bangkok, and they’re showing this in theaters again (probably because it’s the first day gay marriage is legal in Thailand), but they have it listed as a Kid’s movie… 🤣🤣
While this is by no means vulgar, I don’t think I’d put it in the same category as a Disney movie. I’d love to listen in on the parent who has to explain what “cherry” has to do with virginity ha
I was looking forward to Johan and North's story so much, because I really like Bas and Maxky has the visuals,…
I also felt bad that he kept having to repeat his story over and over. North had the same conversation with people repeatedly. I realized Ter isn't really his friend, he's just a gossip.
I agree with you 100%. I mean during my college we didn't even have a single person who was out as a member of…
I teach at a Thai University and there are many same sex couples in my classes (five couples in one class would be excessive but not impossible). I even had a couple at the high school I taught at, and your statement about the US being "more accepting" is very misguided. Thailand doesn't politically attack LGBT+ kids, especially the Trans youth that are accepted and receive much less bullying than I saw being raised in California. US cultural perspectives of LGBT+ people don't reflect the reality of queer culture in Thailand.
The thing that cracks me up whenever they happen are the scenes at the mall. They always show a sign saying they are at "Central" mall (which, there are like 9 Central Malls in Bangkok alone) and ep 12 is the first time they were actually at a Central. Usually when they say they're at Central Mall, they're filming at Edge Silom, which is the 24 hour shopping center one block from all the gay bars (and a brand new bar just opened up there a few weeks ago). I just think it's kind of amusing for tourists who come to Bangkok to have ice cream where they're favorite couple from tv did too and then walk down a block and dance to K-Pop.
This lowered my opinion of everyone involved. I can't even rewatch Lovely Writer or Kinnporsche anymore. It's been months and this still makes my skin crawl.
But I also know that this is because I dislike this story, the actors did fine, but I just think this is horrible writing.
Thank God this is over, it was a total drag.
Stop normalizing and excusing abusive parents on tv because it makes it okay in real life.
While this is by no means vulgar, I don’t think I’d put it in the same category as a Disney movie. I’d love to listen in on the parent who has to explain what “cherry” has to do with virginity ha
Just too funny and I had to share.