K-Drama
chaotic drama that makes you laught
The first few episodes are hard to get through. There's a lot of shouting and screaming, which can be genuinely annoying. But if you push past that, you'll find yourself hooked.It's a funny drama that genuinely made me laugh. I loved the relationship between Noh Hwi-oh (Jung Woo) and Lee Min-kyung (Oh Yeon-seo)—their interactions were the heart of the show. It was nice to watch their journey as they slowly help each other heal. Both characters carry their own traumas, and seeing them find comfort in each other was genuinely touching.
The story was fun and engaging, but toward the end, I felt myself losing interest. It got a little messy, and the pacing stumbled in the final stretch. Still, despite the flaws, it's a great watch. If you can survive the chaotic beginning, there's a sweet and satisfying story waiting for you.
Was this review helpful to you?
A Heartbreaking Reflection on Beauty and Cruelty
Kwon Hae-hyo's performance is astonishing. He portrays Im Yeong-gyu, a blind master seal engraver, with such depth and precision that you forget you're watching an actor at all. It's his first time playing a blind character, and he makes it feel utterly authentic. Park Jung-min is equally compelling as Im Dong-hwan, the son who never knew his mother's face and sets out to uncover the truth of her death forty years later.The film slowly peels back the layers of Dong-hwan's mother, Jeong Yeong-hui. We learn what her life was like, how she and Yeong-gyu came together, and what drove them apart. The final act—especially the last scene—makes you question everything you thought you understood. The revelation of why she died is devastating, and it lingers long after the credits roll.
What makes it even more heartbreaking is Yeong-gyu's story. He was blind from birth, bullied his whole life, and constantly put down for no reason. His life never got better. You begin to understand how society and its standards can push people over the edge. The film forces you to confront the impossible expectations placed on beauty—how people become sheep, following the same cruel opinions without question.
Hearing what happened to Jeong Yeong-hui was terrible. Hearing that people laughed about it was worse. That is the society we live in, and The Ugly holds up a mirror to it without flinching.
Was this review helpful to you?
A Solid Vigilante Thriller, But Not Mind-Blowing
It's a great story, even if you can guess the plot twist from the beginning. It's a great take on the vigilante genre—the idea of ordinary people taking justice into their own hands when the system fails is compelling, and the film executes that concept well enough to keep you engaged.I sat through the entire movie because it was interesting, but it wasn't mind-blowing. The pacing holds up, the performances are solid, and the moral dilemmas are thought-provoking. But it never quite reaches the heights it could have. It's a decent watch—just don't go in expecting something unforgettable.
Was this review helpful to you?
an underrated thiller worth watching
I was skeptical about starting this drama because the ratings are so low and most reviews are negative. I'm glad I ignored them and gave it a chance.Namkoong Min delivers yet another stellar performance as Kang Tae-ju, a neurosurgeon trapped in a hollow marriage with Go Se-yoon (Lee Seol), his wife. After a tragedy, their relationship becomes nothing but empty shells—two people sharing a house, not a life. Watching Tae-ju constantly take the blame and get trampled by his in-laws was genuinely heartbreaking.
The villain is well portrayed truly memorable, and the cast as a whole nails their roles. Every episode peels back another layer of the marriage, slowly revealing how they reached this painful point. I found myself eagerly clicking "next episode" each time.
Is it flawless? No. There are plot holes, and the police are hilariously incompetent—probably the worst I've seen in any drama. But despite its flaws, this drama is far better than its low score suggests. It didn't deserve to be trashed. If you're willing to overlook a few weaknesses, it's a solid and emotionally gripping watch.
Was this review helpful to you?
An interesting concept that falls flat
The storyline had a lot of potential—interesting and full of promise. But unfortunately, the execution just didn't land.I couldn't even finish the movie. I got stuck somewhere around the halfway point and ended up skipping straight to the end because I just wanted to know how it wrapped up. By that time, I realized I didn't really care about any of the characters or what happened to them. They lacked depth, and I never felt invested in their journey.
It's a shame because the premise was there, but the film didn't do enough to make me connect. A forgettable watch that could have been so much more.
Was this review helpful to you?
A slow burn I might not finish
This is a very slow romantic drama—most of the time, nothing particularly dramatic happens. And yet, somehow, it kept me interested enough that I never felt the urge to skip scenes. That says something.I was so happy to finally see Ji Hoon in a lead role, as I absolutely loved him in Begins Youth. He doesn't disappoint here. I really enjoy the main couple's dynamic—they have a quiet chemistry that works—and I also found the ML and SFL's friendship fun to watch. Their backstory, though, was hard to sit through.
That said, I paused this drama to watch something else, and now I'm struggling to get back into it. It's not that I disliked it—it just doesn't pull me back. The slow pacing makes it hard to pick up again after a break.
It will probably end up on my dropping list. Not because it's bad, but because it doesn't have enough urgency to make me return. A gentle, well-acted drama that might work better for someone with more patience than I have right now.
Was this review helpful to you?
a surprising office rom-com that won me over
The first episode was pretty boring—I almost dropped it right there. But luckily, I stuck with it, and it got much better. I ended up really enjoying this drama.It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's perfect if you want something light and relaxing to unwind with. I was genuinely hooked. The story follows Joo In-ah (Shin Hye-sun), the head of the audit department at Haemu Group, and Noh Ki-jun (Gong Myung), a star auditor who gets demoted to handling workplace misconduct. I loved their enemies-to-lovers journey and how their team dynamics played out.
The acting is really good, and Shin Hye-sun is amazing as always. That said, I don't think Kim Jae-wook's character suited him—I just didn't like his role.
Overall, it's a nice and easy watch that will keep you entertained. Nothing more, nothing less.
Was this review helpful to you?
A strong start that lost its way
I wanted to see what all the hype was about—and honestly, I'm happy that a drama centered on ajusshis is getting this much attention. Normally, shows like this get overlooked while so many other gems fade into obscurity.The premise hooked me from the start. I really liked the story of Agent Kim trying to uncover the truth behind his daughter's disappearance, and watching the trio of former operatives work together was a lot of fun.
That said, the humor sometimes felt overdone, clashing with the otherwise serious tone. And somewhere around the halfway point, the storyline became a mess—and it only got worse from there. I pushed through to the final episode just to see how it ended, but to be honest, I didn't miss much. The pacing dragged, and the tight plot loosened into something far less engaging.
It's a shame because I really liked the cast, and the concept had so much potential. But the execution just didn't hold up. I'll probably forget this drama in a few days—it didn't stand out enough to leave a lasting impression.
Was this review helpful to you?
great drama with engaging storyline with mature relationship
What a pleasant surprise! I went in expecting something cringy and predictable, but I couldn't have been more wrong.The storyline had me hooked from the very first episode. The drama follows Maeng Se Na (Choi Soo Young), a high-profile lawyer known as the "lawyer for villains," who secretly happens to be an 11-year devoted fan of the K-pop band Gold Boys. When her ultimate bias, Do Ra Ik (Kim Jae Yeong), becomes the prime suspect in a murder case, she must defend him while hiding her fangirl identity. It's a fun and refreshing concept that blends legal drama, romance, and thriller elements.
I really loved the main leads together. Their relationship felt mature and healing—they helped each other grow, and conflicts were resolved within an episode without unnecessary dragging. That was such a relief to see.
Kim Jae Yeong delivered a solid performance, capturing his character's anxious yet charming persona well. However, I wasn't entirely convinced by Choi Soo Young—her facial expressions felt a bit too consistent throughout, which made it difficult to fully connect with her character.
The thriller aspect was enjoyable, keeping me guessing who the real culprit was. But I do think the drama didn't fully utilise its potential. Towards the end, it lost momentum, and the resolution for some side characters felt rushed and incomplete.
It's a shame because I was completely invested in the beginning. Despite its flaws, I genuinely enjoyed the ride and already miss our fan and idol couple.
Verdict: A refreshing drama with an intriguing premise, great leads, and mature relationship dynamics. Let down by a rushed ending and underutilised potential, but still well worth the watch—especially if you're looking for something light yet engaging.
Was this review helpful to you?
A drama of unfulfilled potential
Queenmaker is a solid political drama with considerable potential.The character development of Do Hee is one of the drama's strongest assets. Watching her evolve throughout the series was genuinely compelling, and her friendship with Sook provided a heartfelt counterbalance to the political intrigue.
The first half of the drama was particularly engaging—I was fully invested and eagerly anticipating each new episode. Unfortunately, the momentum began to falter in the second half. As the pacing slowed, I found myself skipping scenes to maintain interest.
The strategic planning and Do Hee's relentless fight against the system were the highlights of the series. It's a genuine disappointment that the drama couldn't sustain its early energy, as it had all the ingredients to be something truly exceptional.
Verdict: A promising political drama with strong character work and an engaging first half, but it loses its way in the latter episodes. Worth watching for fans of the genre and those invested in Do Hee's journey.
Was this review helpful to you?
Good but nothing special
It was an okay watch—perfect for passing the time when you have nothing else to watch.The story was decent and the acting was solid overall. My favourite character was Bang UI—he really brought life to the screen every time he appeared. The horror atmosphere was well done and added a nice layer of tension to the drama.
That said, it wasn't anything particularly special. Nothing about it really stood out or left a lasting impression. It kept me entertained, but if it had been more than 8 episodes, I don't think I would have had the patience to finish it.
I did like our main couple and their determination to save each other. That was probably the most compelling part of the drama and kept me invested enough to see it through.
Verdict: A decent time-filler. Nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable enough if you're looking for something light and short. Worth a watch if you have nothing better on your list.
Was this review helpful to you?
A promising drama that lost its way
What a pleasant surprise this drama turned out to be. I was hooked from the very first episode, largely thanks to the wonderful dynamic between the in-laws. The storyline is compelling, and I loved how each episode peeled back another layer of the family's secrets.The first half of the series was excellent, but unfortunately, the momentum stalled in the final four episodes. I found myself getting bored and even skipping through certain scenes—which is a shame, because this had the potential to be a truly great drama.
One standout aspect worth mentioning is the relationship between the wife and her mother-in-law. I believe this is the first drama I've watched where they form an alliance rather than a rivalry, and I absolutely loved their friendship. If the series had been trimmed to fewer episodes, it might have maintained its grip and kept the story more engaging throughout.
Overall, this is a strong drama that ultimately loses its spark toward the end.
Was this review helpful to you?
Great cast but something was missing
To be honest, I had a hard time getting through the first few episodes. I just couldn't get into it at first, but after a while, it did get better.The acting was great. Rowoon is a fantastic actor—I loved his last drama The Murky Stream, where he absolutely slayed the role. Yi Hyun was also good; I enjoyed her in Head Over Heels. The storyline was interesting, and I liked the concept of matchmaking. But despite all that, something still felt missing.
The drama felt so long. I kept checking how much time was left in each episode, and I wasn't really excited to watch the next one. I'm in the middle of it, but I don't know if I can carry on—it feels like it's taking forever. In the end, I just skipped to the last episode.
Was this review helpful to you?
Heartbreaking and hanting story
The storyline is amazing—dark, emotional, and deeply compelling. And the acting? Absolutely phenomenal. Tseng Ching Hua did an incredible job. His eyes alone were filled with so much emotion; you could feel every ounce of pain, rage, and heartbreak without him saying a word.The story is genuinely sad. Watching Jen Yao face one terrible thing after another was just heartbreaking. He never stood a chance. I loved how Hsiao Tung always believed in him and supported him, even when the world kept knocking them both down. Their connection was the only light in an otherwise crushing story.
What makes this drama even more unsettling is how real it feels. This kind of thing happens everywhere. The system rarely helps the victims, especially when money and power are involved. After seeing how everything unfolded—how they were failed again and again—I completely understood why Jen Yao did what he did. The law was never on their side. Revenge became the only option left.
I was hoping for some kind of happiness, but it was obvious we wouldn't get it. Not really. Part one was about the love that bloomed between the leads—fragile and beautiful—only to be destroyed by the terrible events that will lead to all the killing we'll see in Part two.
Now I wait. And I'll be rooting for him.
Was this review helpful to you?
great story but poor execution
I was initially very excited for this drama because the first four episodes were "on fire." I loved the way the mystery unfolded, with each episode dropping a new twist about who the lead character really is. It was highly engaging at first, but unfortunately, the momentum didn't last.After that strong start, the story felt flat and boring. While the premise itself is great, the execution wasn't very well-handled, which is a real shame. I also struggled to connect with the characters; despite the high stakes, I didn't find myself truly caring about what happened to them as the episodes went on.
The acting was easily the best part of the drama. Shin Hae-sun delivered a brilliant performance as always—she really is the "Diction Fairy" and manages to make even a weak script watchable. Her ability to play multiple identities was fascinating to see.
Final Verdict: At only 8 short episodes, it’s an easy binge-watch, but it’s not exactly a "must-watch." If you skip it, you won't miss much. It had the potential to be a masterpiece, but it ended up being just an average watch that was carried entirely by Hae-sun's talent.
Was this review helpful to you?

2
1