K-Drama
Replying to Ruth Megan • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
Good! I feel tired of this drama, I want to give it up but I tell myself that there are only a few episodes left…
absolutely agreed and totally echo your thoughts
2 1
Replying to Ck1Oz • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Just to confirmed because I don't get hints. Did Marquis Yuan take a concubine? I didn’t know whether the 3rd…
he will eventally but the one Lin family chooses and not Yuan family
2 0
Replying to SUNNY2611 • 1 day ago
Title Irreplaceable
I don’t want to be mean, but I have to say it: I’m so sick and tired of Bu Tianna, her family, and her love…
THANK YOU!! bec atp i feel there is more implied chemistry be the FL and Bu Tianna rather than the FL and ML esp that sofa scene where Bu and FL are rough housing bec tell me why we know SO much ab Bu than the FL or ML
7 0
Replying to SD1D Enthusiast • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
I hope people don't react negatively to this but unfortunately I have gotten tired with some of the writing choices…
I agree w your thoughts so much because now it is getting too much on the nose? the 3rd sister divorce thing was the one that shocked me out of the story bec up to thjs point this show was getting a bit odd but still amazing- for me that part just took off any realism for me. bec with 3 daughters, any ancient Chinese family would've either gotten a concubine or divorced and the show doesn't even set the plot up properly!!! what if the marquis's family agreed to the seperation? then what? would they keep th 4 women in ybe house when they obviously wouldn't be able to get married? the show just does weird things esp with FLs
3 0
Replying to zhazhaver • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
Sadly, I feel the same as you. I LOVE AtC overall, but I am not a fan of how JQ & LX characters are shaping…
exactly!! if they made her open up to him like within 1-2 eps i would've understood that it's too early but LIKE NOW MOVE ON??? JQ has abandoned everything that makes him HIM for her while she doesn't seem to care if he lives or dies tbh and it's like leaving a sour taste in my mouth and I LOVED this drama!! They should've changed her character atleast a little bit after the burial reveal but she seems like the same old robot smiling doll....like okay?
2 0
Replying to Illen1 • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
Why does the JQ need to overstay his welcome? Being in the capital could potentially get his family killed depending…
him leaving is not a problem. him losing his personality, courage or even any rationality is the problem. FL barely gives him anything to chew on even tho he has time and time again shown his loyalty and she has that old tiring poker face all the time. That is what I have a problem with
2 0
Replying to grapejuice • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
The ML is already as heroic as they come; saving the Emperor and the nation, twice. So, he gets to reincarnate…
absolutely
1 0
Replying to grapejuice • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
The ML is already as heroic as they come; saving the Emperor and the nation, twice. So, he gets to reincarnate…
i have no problem of them taking him out of court bec it makes sense with LXs past and his experiences but to do a 180 on his character and suddenly make him into a puppy for LX with no personality of his own and while LX couldn't care lesser ab him gets tiring after a while. It's been like 6+ years minimum since their marriage in the show and I feel as a couple their romance has barely progressed apart from the occasional problem solving.
2 0
Replying to SD1D Enthusiast • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
I agree with this and honestly it's one of the things that have turned me off the drama. I also think in their…
YES EXACTLY!!! she is soooo poised but it gets annoying after a point when it comes to developing the romance bw the leads
2 0
Replying to SD1D Enthusiast • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
I agree with this and honestly it's one of the things that have turned me off the drama. I also think in their…
yes exactly! i feel she feels too much of a robot for this now...like she honestly had more chemistry with her maids and trusts them more than she trusts her own husband who has time and time agajn shown his devotion!
1 0
Replying to SD1D Enthusiast • 1 day ago
Title Against the Current
I agree with this and honestly it's one of the things that have turned me off the drama. I also think in their…
UES EXACTLY!! I feel the whole LX/FL being cut off from the JX/ML is now getting boring!!! that man literally burried your family for you even tho that was such a treasonous thjng to do and you still treat him like a colleague at best??? like i get that a lot happened and it takes time to open up but honestly,this drama does it horribly bec not only are there 100 time jumps, the main leads are STILL. in the same position as before romantically....
2 0
On Against the Current • 2 days ago
Title Against the Current
i have kind of a hot take and pls no one scream at me for it- I feel the FL is a little too closed off (and for obvious reasons) but as much as it brings the drama up, it also brings it down!! Minglan had a similar story and similar lines there the ML plotted to marry the FL but it was done much more delicately and the opening up of the FL towards the ML was done soo well but here the show is kind of ....flippant? the ML is this strong headed man who would do anything to get what he wants (even treasonous things) and is a STRONG character in tbe 1st half but after his marriage to the FL- it's like they kill the character off and replace him wjth a more docile and practically wimpy character? i get that this is done to shine the FL and also to protext him from the court schemes but it seems like such an out of character and almost dull thing to do to him. The FL has such nuance to her and I get it's a female centric drama but the cuckifixation of the ML kind of PMO. Also, the ML has shown his utmost sincerity to the FL time and time again and yet we are shown very little response from tbe FLs end gets a bit boring. again, LOVEEEEE the drama but it's just MY opinion and y'll can have a diff one ofc
19 40
Replying to nycfoodie • 2 days ago
Title Against the Current
I'd recommend The Story of Ming Lan.
minglan is the closest to a recommendation for me!! altho I'll always be slightly biased towards minglan just bec of hoe well everything is done in that drama
1 1
Replying to Reverie • 4 days ago
Title Against the Current
This is my first time following an airing series and ONE episode a day is so diabolical 😭 as a binge watcher,…
exactlyyyy
4 0
Replying to Romid • 5 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
ignore the negativity in the comments bec I totally agree w you! as someone who IS in consulting and IS a mentor…
i didn't even meet my MD until I got a promotion and she is js an intern so it's kind of funny tbh
0 1
Replying to 50First • 5 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
we get it, you don't like the drama. Its "boring and bad" right? you dropped it. You don't need to turn…
that person said it once? are you psycotic or plain dumb?
1 0
Replying to Romid • 5 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
ignore the negativity in the comments bec I totally agree w you! as someone who IS in consulting and IS a mentor…
absolutely agree! as a show it's okay but if you see it super seriously, half this stuff wouldn't fly. If you contact your supervisor directly like this, they literally TEARRRR you to shreads for daring to do that
3 0
Replying to Romid • 5 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
ignore the negativity in the comments bec I totally agree w you! as someone who IS in consulting and IS a mentor…
yeah that makes perfect sense but ig she isn't rich so they were trying to show that. ALSO- most of people here are 13-18 who haven't actually worked so domt take it seriously
1 3
Replying to 50First • 6 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
we get it, you don't like the drama. Its "boring and bad" right? you dropped it. You don't need to turn…
it's called having and sharing an opinion which is WHAT this site is for so shut up?
3 2
Replying to Dana • 6 days ago
Title Irreplaceable
Well, I find this show incredibly disappointing. First with the mentor/mentee trope... I genuinely wonder why…
ignore the negativity in the comments bec I totally agree w you! as someone who IS in consulting and IS a mentor ans has been a mentee, this show says so many things which consulting interns learn like even before they join and the fact she is learning all this in her 2nd/3rd internship is bonkerssssss to me bec this would NOT fly in any corporate! also the dress part- I do not agree w you bec we dress differently to however the culture is but she is so...ruthless in a bad way that any company would immediately push her down
3 7

1