Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: Sep 2, 2025
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: May 16, 2021
Replying to Shiro • Nov 3, 2021
Thank you, I have not seen born again, but did see Start-Up and can not really recall red flags there (more than…
I haven't watched Born Again (and probably won't, haha) but totally agree about Start-Up.
1 0
Shiro • Nov 3, 2021
Good article, but I'm a little surprised Start-Up didn't get more mention here. In my 10+ years of Kdrama watching, I can't recall a more toxic set of characters than what we get in that drama. I love Nam Joo Hyuk, but the Nam Do San character in Start-Up had so many abusive boyfriend red flags that I dropped the drama around episode 10 because I didn't want that character coming to mind when I watch NJH in the future. But, even calling out the particularly egregious behavior of Nam Do San, there really wasn't a main character in Start-Up that didn't have multiple red flags for abusive behavior, with no moral repercussions for most of that behavior, and a lot of it even romanticized (which is probably why I found the drama so repulsive).
2 1
Replying to SoultoSeoul • Aug 11, 2021
Million times better-ending Therapy for the soul after last week's nonsensical ending. People should just stop…
Agreed 😀 Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.
0 0
Replying to Angel • Aug 11, 2021
Thank you for this ending, so beautiful, so what we wanted to see, would have been so healing if it was the real…
You're welcome! I thought the person who made the video did a great job with the dialog for the characters - very true to what we saw for the first 15 episodes.
1 0
Replying to cassiel_17 • Aug 11, 2021
Wow thank you! Haven’t visited mdl for a few days now coz I was pissed with the ending so I wanted to forget…
You're welcome! I'm so happy someone took the time to make those videos for all of us to enjoy 🙂
2 0
Replying to Erika Song • Aug 11, 2021
wow, this was sooooo goood
Glad you enjoyed it too! And thanks for posting the links in the MDL discussion about the last episode 🙂
0 0
Replying to ArK • Aug 8, 2021
wow. must be pinned somewhere at top. Much better than terrible ending from writers/producers
I was one of the lucky ones who held off watching the final episode and only read the synopsis for it on a couple different sites, so I feel fortunate that this will be the ending I remember for a drama I really enjoyed.
3 1
Replying to Waverlyroot • Aug 4, 2021
I dropped Chicago Typewriter because the ML was insufferable, but seeing Yoo Ah In here (love, love, loved him…
The first time I watched Chicago Typewriter, I almost dropped it because I disliked Yoo Ah In's character so much in the beginning episodes. Fortunately, I stuck with it because I ended up loving his character by the end and consider that drama among the best I've seen - I enjoyed it so much that I've watched it three times. (I will admit, though, that both times I've rewatched it I'm still a little shocked about how unlikeable his character is in the beginning of the show, haha). But, as someone who felt the same way, I hope you give Chicago Typewriter a chance - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as the story unfolds :)
3 1
Replying to Spukhafte Fernwirkungen • Jul 14, 2021
Agreed. That's a great film. All three Trois Couleurs films are faves by him too (especially Bleu).
Ah, sorry, I realized I wasn't very clear. I meant among my favorite Kieślowski films 🙂
0 1
Replying to Natsuna • Jul 14, 2021
In episode 4, Da Jung mentoin the film name The double life of Véronique(1991),the master work of Polish legendary…
Agreed. That's a great film. All three Trois Couleurs films are faves by him too (especially Bleu).
1 4
Replying to Natsuna • Jul 14, 2021
May be. She mention a lot of movie in the story. This reason why I like this series a lot.
Me too. 30 min into the first episode, I thought a lot of the shots looked very similar to the way Alfred Hitchcock set his shots (mixed with a heavy French New Wave style). Now that I'm 4 episodes in and the similarity of this story to Vertigo is impossible to ignore, I've realized the Hitchcock-like shots are probably very intentional too. Kinda cool 🙂
1 1
On You Are My Spring • Jul 14, 2021
Anyone else think the writer might have watched Alfred Hitchcock's 'Vertigo' at least a few times before writing this drama? 😆
2 3
Replying to Leejasung • Jun 29, 2021
How this drama still hang on 8.6 😑
Um... maybe because a lot of us actually really liked it?
13 8
Replying to AH • Jun 29, 2021
"we found out in ep15 that every time we heard dong kyung’s voiceover throughout the show, it was her recounting…
How cool! I hadn't picked up on that!
0 0