Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 1 minute ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Inside BTS's Heart
  • Contribution Points: 972 LV6
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: August 21, 2020
  • Awards Received: Flower Award2
Completed
Tell Me That You Love Me
0 people found this review helpful
Mar 17, 2025
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Stellar Acting - Phenomenal Cast

Overall, I really enjoyed this adult drama. We went through the motions of falling in love and breaking up and it was heartbreaking. I really loved Jung Woo Sung and Shin Hyun Been. They were great together. The whole cast is really good too.

For the most part, I thought the writing was extremely well done but it unfortunately, in the last few episodes, the series falls into those same, stupid, familiar Kdrama tropes that I can't stand like an ex who can't let go, people no longer communicating when they had been up 'til that point. Compounded childhood trauma for the ML as if his life hasn't been difficult enough just to pile on. Secrets and misunderstandings affecting peoples lives for years. Adults who can't seem to get past perceived slights and wrong doings.

It's a very, melancholy series and the music/soundtrack plays well into that. I really enjoyed the soundtrack. The series may be a bit slow for some people but it's worth a watch if you want a well written, adult show even though it may disappoint you towards the end.

3/17/25

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Doctor Cha
0 people found this review helpful
Dec 8, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 4.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 2.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

The Series is Quite Tedious

I really didn't like this series. It's my own fault b/c I thought it was a comedy all the trailers I saw make it seem like that but its really a drama. Some comment I read said it was a tragicomedy and that's very accurate.

There are no real consequences for the husband, mother in law or the mistress. All of whom act like children throughout the series. Dr. Cha played the martyr throughout. Yes, the series is about her journey to self love but that doesn't mean other issues couldn't have been addressed but they played most of the husband's scenes for comedy and I think that irritated me the most. The husband is trash and not b/c he cheating on her but b/c he's mean, selfish and gaslighting her. In the 11th hour they tried to make him sympathetic and that pissed me off even more.

I did like the Dr. Roy & Dr. Jeon and I loved the main characters best friend, Mi Hee.

12/7/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Business Proposal
0 people found this review helpful
Nov 30, 2024
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Cliche's Galore But Enjoyable

I watched this b/c someone I like recommended it to me and I needed a light, fun, not to serious romcom. Especially after some of the stuff I've been watching lately! Looking at you Mr. Plankton!!

Even with the cliche's galore, I still found the series very enjoyable. The cast was great as well. I have never seen the main leads in anything but I really loved all 4 leads and I thought the comedy was silly fun. There was a lot of meta silliness too with the show within a show the side characters were watching. I thought the lie about the relationship went on a bit too long and I thought Young Seo SFL was quite obnoxious never letting Sung Hoon explain things.

11/29/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Ballerina
0 people found this review helpful
Oct 28, 2024
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
I really liked this b/c Jeon Jong Seo as OkJu is absolutely fantastic! I have only seen in her Money Heist: Korea and she was one of the best things about that show.

She carries this film and that opening scene was excellent but then the action was non-existing. It was a bit slow for my liking at the beginning and I get that they were trying to get the audience to understand why Ok Ju would go through those lengths to avenge Min Hee. Some of the flashbacks went on a little too long. Overall, I enjoyed it. I was even taken by surprise when she killed one of the characters. Did not see that coming!

Kim Ji Hoon never disappoints! This man can play the worst villain and then the complete opposite. The scene where he is working out... Oh my goodness!

10/26/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Dear Liar
0 people found this review helpful
Oct 6, 2024
27 of 27 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Suspenseful and Excellent Tension

This was an almost great series but unfortunately the last few episodes falter in a big way for me. It's still worth the watch though. The ending was rushed and I wished something more had been revealed about Qin Li that helped explained his motivations other than the typical poor family and abuse. The ML is absolutely fantastic and this man should be going big places. He nailed mild manner psycho to a T! Fan Zhi Xin had me feeling like I was being gaslighted! The rest of the cast is decent enough and played their parts. The FL was super annoying in the beginning and I was glad she developed some courage. Overall, an enjoyable miniseries

I would seriously give the opening credits and theme music a 10 that's how great it is. Total props to the graphic designer/lead animator(s), editor, sound engineer and composer.

10/5/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Jian Zui Nv Fa Yi Zhi Yan Shi
0 people found this review helpful
Oct 3, 2024
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 2.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

You Probably Won't Like the Ending

I don't watch a lot of these 10 minute per ep shows b/c I am always afraid that they will be dissappointing and leave me wanting more but I thought the synopis for this was very intriguing.

I liked that the FL wasn't shy and meek and she is a forensics doctor in a day and age where that was very rare I liked the ML too and he had some good comic relief moments. I thought the acting was decent. The series has a murder of the week element with an over arching main serial killer case that we got little nuggets about each ep.

I enjoyed this miniepisode series overall and I really liked the cast/characters but I should have known there was no way it would be resolved to my liking from the last few episodes! The good news is that the audience learns a bit about who the serial killer is at the end but the characters do not. It's a ciffhanger in that regard but it's also a complete ending since there may not be a 2nd season. So, while I was left disappointed and wanting more for the leads I'm not as upset as I would be if I didn't get that info about the serial killer.

10/2/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
High School Return of a Gangster
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 25, 2024
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers

Don't Miss This

Really enjoyed this show overall! 2 day binge! Excellent cast and story. Such a different take on the body swap genre but not sure how I feel about the ending though. I’m a bit torn. I wanted Yi Heon to get a 2nd chance but also wanted Duk Pal to stay. I really liked Jae Min's arc and redemption as well.

Se Kyung’s father the worst until the end! Wished on some level we could have had the mother’s reasoning behind why she allowed her son to stay there.

ML was absolutely phenomenal throughout. This was my first experience with him and I am very impressed with his acting skills. Bravo! 👏🏾 👏🏾

I needed this show. Put me is the best mood.

8/25/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Ploy's Yearbook
0 people found this review helpful
May 29, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers
Overall I enjoyed the series. It's nothing to write home about but I liked the cast and the storyline for the most part. Of course they added some unnecessary drama for dramas sake shenanigians but if you want something light, fun and not too deep this is the ticket.

I don't really watch many Thai shows but this was fun and the character I thought I would hate, Pretty Ploy ended up being my favorite character on the series. Actress Punpun Sutatta Udomsilp was so great as Pretty Ploy and as annoying as she was in the first few episodes she was the glue that held the friend group together and she always had the friends backs. What I loved the most was that they each of the Ploy's had a happy ending. I don't always advocate for that but for this series it was all I really wanted!

5/28/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Stand or Fall
0 people found this review helpful
May 9, 2024
32 of 32 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Average but Enjoyable

This series is nothing to write home about but this is a light, fun, quick romance watch. Even with more than 30 eps it's a quick watch. I mostly watched b/c I really like actress Qin Lan and she is good here even if she is type cast. I have only seen her in the Rational Life and I really enjoyed her character there as well and they are definitely similiar.

I liked the friendship of the 3 FLs and I liked that there was growth in the 2FL's story arc and that her husband was supportive and they worked thru their issues. I really did like the mature cast even though some of the plot is a bit childish. I liked the ML and his bestfriend too.

If you watch be prepared for terrible subs if you're an English sub watcher. Even on Prime the subs are atrocious.

5/8/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Beauty Newbie
0 people found this review helpful
Apr 7, 2024
14 of 14 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 3.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 2.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Not Very Good and Quite Disappointing

The overall theme of learning to love and except yourself was there but it was not done in the right way. Yes, society's unhinged beauty standards are atrocious. That we all in some ways buy into it says a lot about all of us but we can and should do better by each other.

I wanted to like this but It was just a mess for me. I liked the Korean version but it had it's challenges too. This version lacked depth. Most of the series was just random characters interacting in non meaningful ways. It was just not cohesive and the everyone lives happily ever after vibe at the end was too much. Characters in series don't all have to like each other at the end. The best character for me was Saint. I started off hating him but he was by far was the best person in the series. I really liked the Ann character as well.

I was here for Win and he was wasted here but NGL he looked fab in the last ep and I would watch him paint a wall so there's that!

4/6/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
True to Love
0 people found this review helpful
Jan 1, 2024
14 of 14 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers
Jeez! This show was so mediocre. I love Yoo In Na and she was good here as Bo Ra the relationship coach who might not know much about real relationships after all. However, the writing was just terrible, especially in the latter episodes. The only person I like throughout was Su Hyeok. I get he was a bit obnoxious by not being able to at least once tell Bo Ra! that he loved her; let alone likes her but she knew he did so does a person really have to say it out loud for you to accept and believe it? All of the couples irritaed me in some way or another.

The reason I didn't like Uri and Sang Jin's reversal in the relationship department is that for me it would have made sense for him to grant her what seemed to be her wish of going out with him for that day and then knowing it wouldn't work. Not b/c of the age difference or him being her boss but b/c I didn't buy that he liked her like that.

Bo Mi & Jin Ho were completely obnoxious. Bo Mi and Jin Ho were both too naive and idealistic especially Jin Ho. Bo Mi is so damn awful to Bo Ra that I just can't with her. She lives with Bo Ra and doesn't pay any bills but spoke to her sister in the worst ways. Bo Ra is partially to blame for allowing it though. Bo Ra being upset about her situation or just wanting to talk to her seemed to be beyond her selfish comprehension.

Yu Jung and Jin Hoo eye roll. I jiust felt like he didn't even like his wife and she didn't really like him either.

I will stop watching young adult romcoms for a while. I need adults to behave like adults.

1/1/24

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Rebel of Shaolin
0 people found this review helpful
Dec 17, 2023
Completed 0
Overall 5.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
A bit of a different revenge drama. Carter Wong plays Ping Fei Lee who has been accused of killing his brothers in the monastary. I felt bad for him b/c there was no evidence that he had committed any kind of crime; yet the head monk was screaming lock him up he's guilty. They said he killed all these people and stole some important Jade object that the Emperor had given the monks. He escapes the monastray and tries to find the real trader/killer. There's some subplot about the Emperor wanting to destroy the monks and the Shaolin temple. Not sure whay it was necessary. Lung Chun Erh played the Emperor's sister. Polly Shang Kuan played a student of a monk.

Overall the story is nonsensical but it was an enjoyable watch. I'm biased though b/c I like Carter Wong and Polly Shang Kuan. They work well together. The fight scenes were ok and I liked the short fight scene between Polly and Lung Chun Erh. I loved the fan work by Chun Erh too. I loved the Imperial costumes as well.

12/16/23

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
As Long as We Both Shall Live
0 people found this review helpful
Dec 4, 2023
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 5.0
This review may contain spoilers
I absolutely love the anime. I plowed thru all the episodes in 2 days and was upset it was over. Then I found out there was a live action and I was like NO WAY!!

YES WAY!! The movie is not a good as the anime but good. I took points off because I didn't really like the ending that much and the scene where Lord Kudo tell Miyo to stay at her granfather's house seemed weird or rushed. Overall an enjoyable film. I am always in the mood for romance and this hit the spot. Meguro Ren, is excellent as Lord Kudo. No wonder he won the award for Best Emerging Actor Award at the 15th TAMA Film Awards Ceremony. I liked Imada Mio as Miyo as well.

I found my new crush in this too Watanabe Keisuke played Arata and he is totally my type. And it was nice to see my favotite anime voice actor, Tsuda Kenjiro in a small role.

12/4/23

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Reborn
0 people found this review helpful
Nov 26, 2023
28 of 28 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers
I really enjoyed the series at the beginning. I liked how each episode built off the next. There were like episodes of the week but an overall main story about cops who were ambushed when they were out to arrest the biggest gangtser in town. There was a lot of characters and a lot going on. So many red herrings and things that kept you guessing. There was a lot of cloak and dagger in this series and it initailly had me on the edge of my seat. Unfortunately, it got dragged down by too many filler episodes. They literally, could have cut 8 episodes.

The best thing about the series is the cast. Zhang Yi plays the ML Chief Qin and he is fantastic in this. I'd definitely try another show he was in. Zhang Hao Wei as Lu was goood too!. I loved Zhao Zi Qi as Feng. She was Chief Qin's ex-wife and she worked for internal affairs.

My biggest gripe though was the annoying teen girl character. She was on my last nerve most of the series. Her character was unnecessary and only served to annoy me (the audience). Lu was at a murder investigation and she is was acting like a damn idiot. She shouldn't have been there in the first place. That scene pissed me off so bad and it wasn't the only one.

11/25/23

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Congrats My Ex!
0 people found this review helpful
Nov 19, 2023
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This is a cute, super cliche rom-com but quite enjoyable.

Bright is so sweet and adorable here and I really liked the FL Bella Campen. Haven't seen her in anything and she was funny and had great chemistry with Bright. I liked the whole cast too. There were some really funny moments, especially with Thongchai Thongkanthom. Loved the Indian outfits and bright, beautiful colors. I liked how they explained some of the Indian wedding traditions like mehendi and the sangeet party.

Worth watching at least once.

11/19/23
Was this review helpful to you?