If you got bored at 8 then wow, yeah this might not be your sort of series. I thought all of Part II eps were…
It was mostly just you and me, lol. 😄
Anyway, I genuinely enjoyed our conversations, especially because we seem to have completely opposite ways of looking at things. Hope I come across you again in the comment section of another series. Maybe we’ll actually agree on something next time. 😂
I've been a SeaKeen fan since Only Boo. I enjoy their series alot. But this one is becoming a little meh for me.…
This has been the main problem with GMMTV’s recent shows. So many of the stories have the potential to be absolute bangers, but somehow the execution always ends up letting the script down. The problem isn’t the acting either; it’s the production. Everything feels so half-assed. The quality, budget, and overall production value seem to have been declining for quite a while now.
For me, the biggest letdown was "A Dog and a Plane". It was such a mess that I genuinely felt bad for the actors. Honestly, "When Oranges Fall" has been the only saving grace for GMMTV this year so far. "Mr.kill" was somewhat decent too. "WU' would've been better if the ending didn't fall flat.
I’ve been waiting for this series to drop ever since the pilot came out, but now it’s starting to feel like another "A Dog and a Plane" situation, and I’m so disappointed.
I agree with the “There’s no happy ending for JY” point.As for why Pi-o took the blame for his mother’s…
I don’t think she even cares about "his" fame. She only cares about "her" own fame and the benefits she gets from being the “No. 1 pianist’s mother.” (The post she was appointed at in the ??music board??)
Her son was literally falling apart right in front of her eyes, and she didn’t care one bit. The only time she seemed genuinely concerned was when she saw his fingers, not because he was hurt or suffering, but because she realized he might not be able to play the piano anymore, which meant she would lose the status of being “Pianist Pi-o’s mother.”
Okay, honestly, I don’t see any happy ending for Cheongyo here. He has already lost everything, and with how…
I agree with the “There’s no happy ending for JY” point.
As for why Pi-o took the blame for his mother’s crimes and chose to lie to JY, I don’t think it was because he was afraid the truth would ruin his career. He was ready to face whatever consequences came with exposing his mother. The real reason was that his mother pulled the stunt of threatening to take her own life if the truth came out.
And honestly, I don’t even think his mother cares about Pi-o being defamed. She just doesn’t want to face the consequences of her own actions.
Yes, Pi-o chose to lie to protect his mother, and yes, that was wrong. I know his mother has never really done anything right for him, but to him, she’s still his mother. He’s deeply attached to her, in part because of all the trauma he has experienced by her. I think a lot of people would still choose their mother over anyone else when put in a life-or-death situation like that.
They really did fatten us up with all those wholesome moments in the first half of the movie, just to brutally slaughter us in the second half 😭 But I can’t even complain because it was all done so beautifully. The actors ATE with their performances. I genuinely have nothing bad to say about this movie.
Fans shouldn't be comparing suffering, like what's the point?. But I've not seen anyone say they both suffered…
IG, we'll disagree becuz to me saying "they both suffered" and ending the conversation there is deeply off putting. By saying that we are putting both of their experiences in the same bracket. "To pretend only one character's suffering matters doesn't make sense at all to me" -- You are missing my point again. This was never my point. Yes, they both suffered but their suffering is not the same and doesn't carry the same emotional weight. And about the writing making us pit characters against each other, my argument still remain the same.
And I don’t want to keep comparing their suffering, but when people keep putting both of their experiences on the same pedestal and insinuating that they’re similar or carry the same emotional weight or say "They both suffered" , I can’t help but reply. It just really rubs me the wrong way.
If you are replaying to my "no one saying they relate to JY" point, By that i meant relating to the trauma he went through because of pi-o mom. But yeah growing up with emotionally unavailable/Absent parent is quite jarring for one's mental health or how they perceive certain things in their future. And I too relate to that heavily.
Anyway, I genuinely enjoyed our conversations, especially because we seem to have completely opposite ways of looking at things. Hope I come across you again in the comment section of another series. Maybe we’ll actually agree on something next time. 😂
For me, the biggest letdown was "A Dog and a Plane". It was such a mess that I genuinely felt bad for the actors. Honestly, "When Oranges Fall" has been the only saving grace for GMMTV this year so far. "Mr.kill" was somewhat decent too. "WU' would've been better if the ending didn't fall flat.
I’ve been waiting for this series to drop ever since the pilot came out, but now it’s starting to feel like another "A Dog and a Plane" situation, and I’m so disappointed.
Death is too easy of a consequence for her actions.
Her son was literally falling apart right in front of her eyes, and she didn’t care one bit. The only time she seemed genuinely concerned was when she saw his fingers, not because he was hurt or suffering, but because she realized he might not be able to play the piano anymore, which meant she would lose the status of being “Pianist Pi-o’s mother.”
I have written your name in my "Accomplice" list.
As for why Pi-o took the blame for his mother’s crimes and chose to lie to JY, I don’t think it was because he was afraid the truth would ruin his career. He was ready to face whatever consequences came with exposing his mother. The real reason was that his mother pulled the stunt of threatening to take her own life if the truth came out.
And honestly, I don’t even think his mother cares about Pi-o being defamed. She just doesn’t want to face the consequences of her own actions.
Yes, Pi-o chose to lie to protect his mother, and yes, that was wrong. I know his mother has never really done anything right for him, but to him, she’s still his mother. He’s deeply attached to her, in part because of all the trauma he has experienced by her. I think a lot of people would still choose their mother over anyone else when put in a life-or-death situation like that.
"To pretend only one character's suffering matters doesn't make sense at all to me"
-- You are missing my point again. This was never my point. Yes, they both suffered but their suffering is not the same and doesn't carry the same emotional weight.
And about the writing making us pit characters against each other, my argument still remain the same.
This is based on a true story? 😭??
You can't change history to make it less "heavy" or "deeply troubling"
But yeah growing up with emotionally unavailable/Absent parent is quite jarring for one's mental health or how they perceive certain things in their future. And I too relate to that heavily.