News
Even though they didn’t want to label this series as a BL, but the chemistry amongst the leads said the opposite. Yet, I bravely say this is still a BL series but with a lot of censorship (like every single way of BL).
After all , I am not disappointed with this series, the performance of all actors were extraordinary. Even their supporters.
In Indonesian:
Sebenarnya saya sudah siap untuk menangis pada episode terakhir, tapi saya tidak menyangka kalau saya akan menangis sambil kesal. Jahat banget mereka membuat saya tersenyum tipis kemudian dibanting menjadi tangisan.
Meskipun mereka tidak mau mencap series ini sebagai BL, their chemistry said the opposite. Bagaimanapun ini tetap BL series but with a lot censorship (like every single way of BL).
Namun saya tetap tidak kecewa dengan series ini, bagaimanapun performa kedua pemain utama sangat luar biasa. Ditambah dukungan para supported actors yang juga tak kalah hebat.
Was this review helpful to you?
Both of the actors were great, They really are. I even loved how their eyes talked to each other without saying anything. Their performances are the only aspects that I respect of this series.
I hope someday their series would getting better, I missed the feeling of korean BL since Night Flight.
Was this review helpful to you?
The hype that I felt in the first episode slowly faded as time goes by. After episode 2, I did realize that this series wouldn’t get any better. Even worse!
Honestly I really want to dropped this show (like any other shows that made me down), but turn out the cuteness amongst PitchBank kept me going till the last second.
Thank god they only have 8 episodes, I couldn’t imagine if they had more than 10 episodes 🤢
Was this review helpful to you?
The Villain I Wasn’t Ready to Feel Sorry For....
I had already set a reminder to watch this series as soon as it came out, but when it finally premiered, I still hadn’t finished the series I was currently watching. So, of course, I had to marathon that one just so I could start this one sooner 😂 Thankfully, it was worth the effort. The first few episodes took their time building the mystery, but the strange idea of a man who can transform into gas and commit murders on live television immediately caught my attention. It felt dark, unsettling, and different from the usual crime thrillers I have watched.What impressed me the most was how the series slowly turned its villain into such a tragic and emotionally complicated character. It never tried to justify his actions, but it made me understand how pain, exploitation, and a corrupt system shaped him into the person he became. Uta Uchida was especially impressive as the Human Vapor. I honestly could not believe this was his acting debut because his screen presence was so strong, even when he barely spoke. Shun Oguri and Yu Aoi were also amazing, and the emotional connection between the characters gave the story much more depth than I expected. The visual effects were surprisingly realistic, and the background music made every tense or emotional scene hit even harder. Also, Ellie, My Love is definitely going into my playlist now.
The pacing did feel a little slow in the middle, and I think the story could have been told more tightly in fewer episodes. Some parts also left me wanting clearer explanations, especially about the secret organization and what they were actually trying to accomplish. Still, once the tension picked up, I became completely invested in the mystery and the characters. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise. Dark, emotional, visually impressive, and much more heartbreaking than I expected.
Was this review helpful to you?
Was Khemjira Worth the Hype?
Okay, I’ll admit it. I started watching Khemjira purely because of the hype. Everyone was talking about it, edits were all over my feed, and I thought, “This has to be THAT show.” Well… let’s just say my expectations were a little too high, and the finale did not do me any favors. That last almost-two-hour episode? Painful. I’m still not sure what they were trying to do there, but it definitely wasn’t the right way to wrap up everything.And it’s not just the finale. Some episodes dragged on forever. I’m not exaggerating when I say it took me two days to finish one episode, I literally thought my eyes were getting bad, but nope, the episode was actually two hours long. Don’t ask me which one, I think it was ep 7 or 8. I get that they wanted to build tension and atmosphere, but honestly, trimming down some scenes would’ve made the story flow way better.
I’ve gotta give credit where it’s due, this is the first time I’ve ever found myself shipping the main character with literally everyone around him 😅. Khem (played by Namping) might not have delivered the strongest acting performance, but his chemistry with every side character was surprisingly good! I didn’t know Namping before this, so I’m giving him a pass since it’s his first big project. I did the same with Nanon before eventually falling in love with his acting, so maybe Namping just needs more experience. Luckily, the rest of the cast was solid and totally carried him through the rough spots.
What actually impressed me most was how the show tried to mix horror, reincarnation, karma, and Thai folklore. The cultural and religious layers were so interesting and made it stand out from your typical BL or supernatural drama. You could really feel the thought behind the setting and rituals, it wasn’t just for aesthetics. If only the pacing had matched the storytelling quality, this could’ve been a masterpiece.
But yeah… that last episode. Why was the timeline so unnecessarily complicated? It felt like they were adding flashbacks and backstories just because they could, not because the story needed them. I wanted answers, but instead I got more confusion and dramatic pauses.
Still, I won’t lie, even with all the chaos, Khemjira is better than average. It’s ambitious, beautifully shot, and packed with emotional moments that hit harder than I expected. So yeah, despite my rants, I don’t regret watching it. Just… maybe don’t start it at midnight unless you’re ready for two-hour episodes and emotional damage. 😅
Khemjira had the potential to be great, it’s just trapped inside too many long scenes and one confusing finale. Still worth checking out if you love folklore, curses, and complicated love stories with a side of ghosts.
Was this review helpful to you?
I started this series with hate, because my logic didn't agree what I saw on this series. How could you forgive someone who failed you? or even delaying you for your graduation? I did something terrible when my best friend took my book a month before final exam (when I was in college), I can't imagine what I would do If someone failed me on my test like sang-woo did.
But... at a leisurely pace I fell in love with this series. Especially when their feeling toward each other gradually improved in every episodes.
Was this review helpful to you?
Why? Well, the story was quite simple and the plot seems like not going anywhere.
I love the music, even I was playing all of the soundtracks while I was taking bath.
I know that Korea is kinda new in BL, but philippines have more qualities BL series. However, I hope I could see another BL from Korea!!!
Was this review helpful to you?
I tried to put this one next to 2gether, Gameboys or even Gayasepalikula but I think they’re not even apple to apple. This series is kinda like Your Name Engraved Herein but the deeper version.
Furthermore, every times I heard the soundtracks I feel so gloomy out of the blue.
Please no more crying in part 2, my eyes were dry 😭
Was this review helpful to you?
The story between teacher and doctor isn't a new taste, plus its simple packaging makes this series easily to forget in a short time. But the chemistry between Mek-Mark was amazing, and even much stronger than Joong-Dunk, is actually the one and only attraction of this series.
In Indonesian:
Harus kuakui bahwa kisah cinta Kakaknya Dao sedikit lebih baik dari kisah cintanya sendiri. Kalo dibilang bagus, masih banyak series yang sedang tayang bulan ini yang memiliki kualitas jauh diatas Sky in your heart. Tapi setidaknya series ini mengobati kerinduan saya terhadap penampilan Mek yang sejak awal kemunculannya sudah saya ikuti. Jujur saja saya agak kaget mengetahui GMM menggandeng dia untuk bermain dalam BL series dan menjadi tokoh utama dalam percintaan "seperti ini".
Percintaan antara guru dan dokter bukanlah cerita yang baru, ditambah pengemasannya yang sederhana membuat series ini gampang sekali untuk dilupakan dalam waktu singkat. Namun chemistry antara Mek-Mark yang kuat, dan bahkan jauh lebih kuat dari Joong-Dunk, menjadi daya tarik utama series ini.
Was this review helpful to you?
Frustrating Finale....
I knew I shouldn’t have expected too much from this series, especially since one YouTube channel already warned me about the ending, but the story itself was really interesting, particularly the flashbacks to when they were younger.Their age timeline did confuse me a bit. When Chen Hao Wei asked that fugging annoying girl, 'Were you an art major?', it made me think they were in college. Or do Taiwanese high schools offer specialized majors like art? The characters just seemed portrayed way too young to be college students.
Even though the magical realism elements were better than anything from GMMTV, the way they wrapped up the ending was really disappointing. This is the second time in a row I've felt let down like this, watching a great series that completely fumbles the finale.
I have to admit the entire cast acted really well, but they seriously need to give Andy Wu better-written characters. I want to see him more 😭
Was this review helpful to you?
That kid was dumb as fuggg
Conceptually, this movie should have been an easy win for me. A disaster movie mixed with science fiction, a mysterious mission, and the future of humanity at stake? That is exactly the kind of movie I would normally enjoy. The idea was definitely there, and the opening disaster sequences were intense enough to keep me interested. Unfortunately, the execution became so complicated and messy that I started questioning why I had chosen to watch it in the first place.The movie begins like a straightforward survival thriller, but then suddenly turns into a much more confusing and philosophical sci-fi story. I appreciate that it tried to explore bigger ideas about artificial intelligence, emotions, motherhood, and the bond between a parent and child. However, it felt like the movie was trying to fit too many concepts into one story without giving them enough time to develop properly. Some scenes were genuinely interesting, especially toward the ending, but other parts felt repetitive, rushed, and unnecessarily difficult to follow.
And I am sorry, but why was that kid so unbelievably stupid? Seriously, he might be one of the dumbest children I have ever seen in a sci-fi movie. I understand that children can panic and make irrational decisions during dangerous situations, but some of his choices were so frustrating that I wanted to enter the screen and drag him to safety myself. Overall, the movie had an ambitious concept, strong visuals, and an interesting twist, but the confusing storytelling and that extremely annoying child made it much harder for me to enjoy.
Was this review helpful to you?
Not My Usual Genre, but I Couldn’t Stop Watching
Series or movies about bullying are usually not my cup of tea because they often feel repetitive, frustrating, and emotionally exhausting. I honestly expected Teach You a Lesson to be another drama filled with cruel students, powerless teachers, and the same revenge storyline we have already seen many times. However, this series completely proved me wrong. It immediately caught my attention, and I ended up enjoying it much more than I expected. Every episode introduces a different problem within the education system, so the story never feels like it is simply repeating the same bullying case over and over again.What I appreciated the most is that the series does not portray students as the only source of the problem. Sometimes the students are the aggressors, but in other cases, they are the ones being manipulated, exploited, or pressured by adults. The drama also shows how teachers can become victims of abusive parents, corrupt school administrators, and systems that are too afraid to take action. Some of the punishments may be extreme and morally questionable, but I cannot lie, they are also incredibly satisfying to watch! The show gives viewers the kind of justice and catharsis that we rarely see in real life, especially when people in authority choose to protect themselves instead of protecting teachers and students.
The cast also made the series much more entertaining. Kim Mu-yeol is perfect as Na Hwa-jin because he has such a strong and intimidating presence without needing to give dramatic motivational speeches all the time. I also really enjoyed Jin Ki-joo’s character because she is strong, fearless, and still has an emotional side that makes her feel like a real person rather than just another cool female action character. Overall, Teach You a Lesson is bold, intense, surprisingly emotional, and extremely addictive. I started this series expecting to dislike it, but somehow I ended up finishing all ten episodes and wanting more. Definitely do not judge this drama only by its bullying-related premise, because it is much smarter and more entertaining than it initially appears!
Was this review helpful to you?
Not Just Finding Home, But Finding the Right One.
I started watching Chosen Home (2025) because someone recommended it to me. I had actually been searching for this kind of JBL for a while, so finding this gem while I was on my way home from Seattle felt like perfect timing.This definitely won’t be everyone’s favorite BL series, especially for those who prefer sweet, cheesy Thai BLs. But that’s exactly what makes it stand out.
I have to admit, the topic they chose is incredibly intriguing. It feels like the series isn’t just about “finding home,” but about finding the right home later in life. There’s a maturity to it that really resonated with me. It reminded me so much of Ossan’s Love, balancing social issues with heartfelt storytelling, while still keeping the narrative engaging until the very end.
Damn… now I need to edit my favorites list one more time.
Was this review helpful to you?
2 AM Regrets and Social Media Scares......
As someone who loves horror, I feel terrified watching this series. Not because of the story, but I guess because I watched it around 2 a.m. every single night, which turned out to be a very bad time to enjoy this series...The story was actually good; now I have to remove my birthdate from my social media to hide it. It's actually scary knowing the day you were born can become a black magic advantage for some rituals.
My problem with this series is Thup's character. I watched Pooh for the first time in Pit Babe, but for some reason, I still feel like he is acting as Charlie rather than being Thup for this series.
Another thing is the way they wrapped up the series, which made me fast-forward through as many scenes as possible. There are thousands of ways to wrap up this series, but they chose the same way over and over again.
Was this review helpful to you?
A Return Nobody Asked For
This show just keeps getting worse with each season. Season 3 feels completely unnecessary, like it exists only because Netflix didn’t want to let go. The first game actually caught my attention and reminded me why I liked Alice in Borderland in the first place, but everything after that went downhill fast. By the time we reached the final game, it was so dull and dragged out that I literally fell asleep. That alone says a lot. What used to feel tense and creative now feels recycled and overcooked, like reheated leftovers from seasons 1 and 2.One huge red flag for me was the return of characters who already died in previous seasons. That completely broke the internal logic of the show. Weren’t we clearly told that if you die in Borderland, you die in the real world too? Suddenly undoing that rule just feels lazy and confusing. Maybe the manga explains it better, but as someone who only watches the show, it felt like the writers were making things up as they went along. The emotional stakes were also weaker this time, especially with Arisu and Usagi. Their bond used to be the emotional core of the series, but here it felt sidelined and oddly unbalanced, which made it hard to care as much as I used to.
Visually and acting-wise, the season is still solid. The cast really tried their best, and some moments worked purely because of strong performances. Ryuji had potential, but like many new characters, he never fully got the space to shine. And don’t even get me started on the Joker, after all that teasing, it ended up being the weakest and most underwhelming part of the season. Overall, it’s not completely unwatchable, but compared to the first two seasons, it’s clearly pale and weak. If you’re already invested, you’ll probably watch it anyway. But if you’re new to the series? I’d strongly recommend stopping at season 2 and pretending season 3 never happened.
Was this review helpful to you?
