Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 16 hours ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Statesboro, Georgia, United States
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: January 22, 2021

ahhdra

Statesboro, Georgia, United States
Completed
Girl from Nowhere
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
May 10, 2021
13 of 13 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0

Although not all the stories seem special, but some episodes cannot be denied that they were really great.

Even though the quality of the acting of some actors were just mediocre, however most of them were extraordinary.

The music that played on some “critical” moments was so "beautiful", making this series so ffff enjoyable, especially the unforgettable those "revenge" moments.

In Indonesian:
Meskipun tidak semua cerita terkesan istimewa, namun beberapa episode memang tidak bisa dipungkiri bahwasanya itu sungguh spesial.

Meskipun kualitas akting beberapa aktor terlihat biasa saja, akan tetapi sebagian besar sungguh luar biasa.

Musik pengiring yang begitu “indah”, membuat series ini menjadi begitu menyenangkan itu bisa dinikmati terutama dimoment “balas dendam” yang tak terlupakan.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
His
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Mar 6, 2021
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
The story that way too realistic on these days made me sighing while watching it. If we turned back and comparing it to a one of the part of the franchise history which tells the story of a single father who fights for his daughter (too) and his lover, this film makes more sense to be imbued with logic.

The quality of acting of the actors were good and the conflict felt real, it made me get swept away in the story that is currently flowing.

I was thinking, is it possible to happened to me in the future? 😭

In Indonesian:
Cerita yang terlalu realistis di jaman sekarang ini membuatku menghela nafas saat menontonnya. Kalo kita balik dan bandingkan dengan salah part dari history franchise yang mengangkat kisah seorang single father yang berjuang demi anak dan kekasihnya, film ini bisa dibilang lebih masuk akal untuk bisa diresapi logika.

Kualitas akting para pemain yang bagus dan konflik yang tak dibuat-buat, membuatku ikut terhanyut dalam cerita yang sedang mengalir.

Aku jadi berpikir, apakah mungkin beberapa tahun kedepan akan terjadi hal seperti ini padaku?

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Manner of Death
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Mar 3, 2021
14 of 14 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 10
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.0
I was trying to finish this series earlier, but unfortunately too many others shows that attracted me more than this one.

I didn’t say that this series was bad, it just when. it came to the end I felt this series less interesting than before.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea and the story itself, it just another aspects of this series didn’t match my criteria. I always believe that Tul’s performance could be better.

But overall, I kinda miss the chemistry between those two. And you know what? I hope I would see more of Tat and Sorawit. Please Thindertv, make their own series 😭😭😭

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Feb 11, 2021
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 1
Overall 9.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
Firstly, this is my second BL series from Japan and I kinda love it 😍 ❤️

The idea of the story itself is different than others BL series that released in 2020, but with a great execution this series become greater and get a line with another top 5 series of that year. This is also because of the supported from the acting of the main players who are quite capable of their characters,

Through the first 3 episodes I always got a hype of 2gether, even the smiley face that I made was the same when I watched that one.

I think for this year, I will trying to watch more series from East Asian Countries.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Life: Love on the Line
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Feb 9, 2021
4 of 4 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
So, this is my very first japanese’s bl series ever! After I saw recommendations from one of my subscription youtube channels, I haven’t seen 3 of their series and this bl series was one of them.

Honestly, Japanese are the least county that I want to see abour ther movies or series. Except somebody give me a hundred reasons to watch them. But every time I watch japanese movies or series none of them are bad. So I think this could be my way back to love their cinematic.

In my experience, I would agree some of the points from the series especially from Itou’s perceptions. It feels like, I’ve been there long time ago with my very first “love”. Actually, one of my friend said like Itou did.

Now I need more series for another distractions 😩

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Edge of Horizon
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Sep 9, 2026
11 of 11 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers
Usually, BL series kick off with light, sweet, and fluffy tropes before diving into the heavy drama, but this series hits you with heart-wrenching emotional damage right from episode two! I honestly went in thinking it might carry a vibe similar to Love in the Moonlight, but the tragedy and sheer emotional weight here cut so much deeper.

This was my first time seeing Ongsa and Inn sharing the screen together, and their dynamic definitely caught my attention. In fact, during the early episodes, I was genuinely convinced Ongsa was actually Poom! I had to pause the show multiple times, squinting at the screen to figure out where they differed, but I could barely spot anything. Aside from minor differences in age and weight, they look and feel almost identical. From their facial features and visual presence to their acting rhythm and overall delivery. Every single time Prince Tinn called out Phob's name, I was hit with an overwhelming wave of deja vu, immediately reminding me of Joe calling for Ming. I couldn't unsee it! lol

At first, I really thought OneD was finally going to be bold enough to commit to a gut-wrenching, tragic sad ending for a major BL project, but alas, they pulled back at the finish line. (Sorry for the slight spoiler!) They set up all the emotional stakes for a devastatingly poetic climax, only to play it safe when it counted most.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love in the Moonlight
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Mar 7, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

Peak at his Peak!

I am really glad they gave Peak a chance in a serious BL series. Following him since ten years ago has made me realize that he has improved a lot in his acting. It wasn't that bad in his previous films, but because he had never played this kind of role, we had never really seen his full capability.

Honestly, this series would be empty without Perth. Her performance was truly believable. I usually hate the 'third wheel' role in every BL series because they are usually annoying, but we need to give her two thumbs up for helping Peak reach his full aura.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The On1y One
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Sep 29, 2024
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 1
Overall 7.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 4.0
I hate to say this, but this series could be one of my top picks of the year. Yet, they decided to finish it without resolving the story.

I was literally screaming, feeling disappointed like Tian was with himself rather than Sheng Wang. I always brace myself when watching Taiwanese BL series, but this is the first time I felt truly terrible. I was about to sleep right after watching the season finale, but they made it very hard for me to close my eyes. I had to take two Advil and watch some porn to finally fall asleep.

I don't really care if a series ends in a sad way, as we're used to seeing in Taiwanese dramas. However, leaving unfinished business is the worst feeling you could give to fans. I wouldn't mind if they were trying to convince us that there’s another season coming, but they still should have wrapped up the show properly.

I love this series, especially with the common theme they explored. I initially questioned why they repeated the "step-siblings" concept again, but as time went on, I fell in love with it more than I ever expected. We don’t really need a side couple—their friendship reached another level compared to any BL series I’ve seen. Even Qi Jia Hao’s character was quite convincing.

But once again, I can never forgive this series for how they wrapped up an entire season with such uncertainty.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Destiny Seeker
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Apr 23, 2023
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 5.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 5.0
I might say that I got tricked from a short video on instagram. I excited to try this series even though I knew from the beginning that this show would be such a waste. Yet, I could finish it. lol

One think that I love about this show is that chemistry between Ai and Songkhram. I profoundly in love with their relationship. But their story was awful. I don't understand how the fight between 2 dorms work, but they didn't give us any detail about the real "competition". If they tried to make such a romeo-juliet story but based on dormitory, It didn't work.

Another thing that I really hate is the behind story about Songkhram's feeling towards Ai. They told us that He's been in love with him since his first year, but I didn't see any effort from him. They even skipped those 2 years without telling us anything whatsoever.

I wish Bank and Earth had another chance in another series. They honestly deserved a great show!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Vice Versa
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Oct 6, 2022
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 5.0
The first and only reason I could finish this series was Jimmy! I am in love with him since his appearance on Bad Buddy the Series. Jimmy is my most favorite supporter actor from any Thai Series of all time.

From the very start I didn't have much expectation from this show, I tried to put my hope as low as possible. Turn out, even with my low expectation this show really upset me with its quality. I didn't say anything about all actors performances, Sea-Jimmy-Neo-Aou-Pepper-Boom were absolutely amazing actors. And the connection amongst them were really beautiful, especially Sea and Jimmy.

But I guess, their performances still could not save this series in general. The whole show actually filled with emptiness, lack of characters, too many cliche romances, and A LOT of annoying commercials.

I can't say more, since I read so many great reviews on this show. But I've seen some comments that really put a rage of hateful. lol

For me? This show is one of the series that I will forget easily.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Light on Me
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Aug 21, 2021
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
I had no expectation (at all) watching this series from the very first minute. I put my hope as low as possible to Korean BL, since they let me down over and over again. But this series brought something different that I ever felt to any other BL series.

The story is actually pretty simple, with almost nothing new they offered like any other series. However, the way they directed this show turn my head (and heart) around in every single episode. I almost believe this series might be ended up "sadly", or at least different than I expected from beginning. Yet, I fell in love with the last 3 episodes.

Even though, they all are look bit older as a high school student but their performances were spectacular. It's just... I usually fond of original soundtracks from Korean series, but this series has nothing easy listening music that could stuck in my head.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Be Loved in House: I Do
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Jul 30, 2021
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 6.0
I loved this series at the beginning, but slowly getting bored after another good shows released.

The chemistry amongst those two were remarkable, especially every episodes when Shi Lei’s Mom around. The coming out scene made me speechless, i don’t know how to describe it but it felt truly great. I even made my eyes wet even though the tears didn’t drip. lol

But, the last 3 episodes ruined every development that they built from the start. The ending was sweet, but still I hope something good came up no matter what.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
I Promised You the Moon
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Jul 4, 2021
5 of 5 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
Not as great as I Told Sunset About You, but still this series (absolutely) one of my favorite series of this year along with my (recent) another top 5.

I thought, like any other sequel, this series could bring the same-usual-relationship-issues. But turn out, it was beyond better than any other sequel (especially if we compared to TT2).

Oh’s character developed amazingly, even though from the acting “department” bilkin is still number 1. But yeah, it helped PP’s performance on this series with his development.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Homunculus
1 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
Apr 25, 2021
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.0
Maybe I just had a huge expectations of this film, so that I feel quite disappointed so bad.

I remember very well how I used to wait for this comics routinely every time they released, and this comic was my the first comic that I bought using my personal money.

So it seems natural that I have expectations excessively.

In Indonesian:
Mungkin saya punya ekspektasi yang berlebihan terhadap film ini, sehingga jatuhnya saya cukup kecewa dibuatnya.

Saya ingat betul bagaimana saya dulu menunggu komik ini rutin setiap ia akan terbit, dan komik ini merupakan komik pertama yang saya beli menggunakan uang pribadi.

Jadi wajar sepertinya kalau saya punya ekspektasi yang berlebihan.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Duty First, Kiss Later
0 people found this review helpful
by ahhdra
10 days ago
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 10
Rewatch Value 7.0
Before I even get into the actual review of the series, I need to take a quick moment to just scream about the two lead actors! I swear, this is the very first time I’ve watched a Japanese BL where both main leads are this ridiculously, undeniably attractive. A massive round of applause is seriously owed to the makeup and styling team. The way they completely transformed Shu is wild, I literally had to do a double-take because he was so unrecognizable! And then you have Ryu, just radiating absolute charm. I have to admit, he is officially the second Japanese actor this year who has left me completely and utterly mesmerized.

As for the series itself, the central conflict is pretty predictable right from the jump. You can easily read between the lines and see exactly where the story is heading. Unfortunately, it suffers from that classic JBL curse, the 20-to-25-minute episode runtime. Because the episodes are so painfully short, the supporting cast gets practically zero development or screen time. The world outside the main couple feels a bit empty, which is always a bummer.

But honestly? The connection between Takoi and Shiono completely makes up for any of those narrative flaws. Their chemistry is absolutely off the charts. I found myself grinning from ear to ear and giggling at my screen every single time they shared a scene. They just have this magical, effortless spark that pulls you right in.

They are so good together that this show completely hijacked my viewing schedule and aggressively pushed every other BL on my watchlist to the side. And speaking of breaking my own rules, I know I just said I broke my "binge-only" habit for Connecting to You, but I did it again here! This is the first time I've started a JBL without waiting for it to finish, and let me tell you, the weekly wait is absolutely exhausting.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?