I have been watching ep 1 to 18 in fits and starts because its so slow and the actors can't play high schoolers.However…
On episode 21 and I completely agree... Hu Yi Tian’s acting hasn't improved since Go Go Squid. He is still just as stiff and lacks range.
Honestly, I see no chemistry between them. It feels forced and even weird. FL is amazing and delivers emotional scenes perfectly, ML... well.. ehhh..
FL still looks young enough to pull off the school years, but ML doesn't. I really wished they had cast a different actor. The plot itself is also pretty slow and lacks tension.
Except there’s so many dramas like Beautiful Gongshim where the FL waits 10+ years for the ML who disappears…
Look, what they are trying to say is that in recent years, things have changed a lot regarding male leads. If it was not okay how they portrayed female leads back then, it's not okay to do the same to male leads now. If you want to call out one, you should also call out the other. Fair game.
I personally don't like this kind of male lead, where they wait for a decade for someone. It makes them extremely unattractive and kinda creepy. A normal human being needs to be able to let go and move on.. that's the mature way, instead of whatever that is.
Hold on, stop right there... before you go on a rant... it should be the same for both sides. We've been seeing this a lot lately with female leads, but not with male leads. "MOSTLY" .. You might bring up a drama, but I can easily name countless k or cdrama from last 4 to 5 years where the ML waits forever.
So its okay when its reveserd.. tell me about being baised and not able to put yourself in the oppsite gender..…
".. but here with gender role reversed. She is so manipulative and is using him for her own sake. I LOVE it. "
Regardless of gender, any scum character—ML or FL—SHOULD be called out. However, looking at your comment and the landscape over the past 3-4 years, it pisses me off how people constantly make excuses when the FL is the problem. We are all fast to call out the ML, RIGHTFULLY so, but the FL ALWAYS gets a free pass. Talk about 'PRIVILEGE'!!
I really love the actress, but I'm not a big fan of the male lead. I just can't imagine any romantic chemistry between them on screen. Still, I'm going to watch it anyway... hopefully, they'll prove me wrong!
2nd couple's story reminds me of those vertical cdramas where FL is a replacement for the ML's "bai yue guang"…
So its okay when its reveserd.. tell me about being baised and not able to put yourself in the oppsite gender.. holly .. no wonder people have billion excuses when FL does sh*t but yapping about ML whenever he does it.. wow..
I am not sure if you noticed, but along with this, in most of the dramas, there will be a scene where the ML touches…
To me, things like that make the ML unattractive, or him apologising for something he should NEVER apologise for, just in general simping around.. That's why I hope to see more male screenwriters in the future, but I don't think that'll solve anything either.
it will take a lot of time to understand all this. after ep 10 u can see why both of them acted this way. i wont…
Don't even bother. I’ve seen this pattern for years. Whenever the female lead is physically or mentally abusive, people always find endless excuses to justify her behavior.
The FL is so pretty! 🩷 Watching her, I felt like I recognized her from somewhere but wasn't entirely sure. I just looked up her MDL profile and it all makes sense now.. She is the MLs fiancee from "Teach You a Lesson"..
I miss characters with real chemistry. Those two actors are gorgeous, but there is no chemistry between them,…
We definitely need more diversity among screenwriters. I would like to see more men as screenwriters or a combination.. Different perspectives, not just one.
Is it a crime to be insecure? Do people who feel insecure not deserve understanding and love? She spent the entire…
My point is simply that people often judge similar behavior differently depending on whether its the male lead or female lead character.
If the male lead character has an emotional outburst or behaves in a controlling or unhealthy way, people are usually much quicker to call him "toxic." Rightfully!! When its the female lead character, I often see people looking for justifications and excuses.
I'm not saying every situation is identical or that context doesn't matter. I just think the standards should be applied consistently, regardless of whether it's the ML or the FL.
If we're talking past each other or you don't see the problem here.. there's probably not much more to add.
Is it a crime to be insecure? Do people who feel insecure not deserve understanding and love? She spent the entire…
Ikr.. it is getting really annoying.. this past 4 years its always the same.. when the ML does it.. ohhh toxic, when the FL does it bunch of excuses.. insane to me.. 😓 It should be called toxic when either does it.. But we find billions of excuses for the FL, every time..
Honestly, I see no chemistry between them. It feels forced and even weird. FL is amazing and delivers emotional scenes perfectly, ML... well.. ehhh..
FL still looks young enough to pull off the school years, but ML doesn't.
I really wished they had cast a different actor. The plot itself is also pretty slow and lacks tension.
I personally don't like this kind of male lead, where they wait for a decade for someone. It makes them extremely unattractive and kinda creepy. A normal human being needs to be able to let go and move on.. that's the mature way, instead of whatever that is.
Hold on, stop right there... before you go on a rant... it should be the same for both sides. We've been seeing this a lot lately with female leads, but not with male leads. "MOSTLY" .. You might bring up a drama, but I can easily name countless k or cdrama from last 4 to 5 years where the ML waits forever.
Regardless of gender, any scum character—ML or FL—SHOULD be called out. However, looking at your comment and the landscape over the past 3-4 years, it pisses me off how people constantly make excuses when the FL is the problem. We are all fast to call out the ML, RIGHTFULLY so, but the FL ALWAYS gets a free pass. Talk about 'PRIVILEGE'!!
Watching her, I felt like I recognized her from somewhere but wasn't entirely sure. I just looked up her MDL profile and it all makes sense now.. She is the MLs fiancee from "Teach You a Lesson"..
If the male lead character has an emotional outburst or behaves in a controlling or unhealthy way, people are usually much quicker to call him "toxic." Rightfully!! When its the female lead character, I often see people looking for justifications and excuses.
I'm not saying every situation is identical or that context doesn't matter. I just think the standards should be applied consistently, regardless of whether it's the ML or the FL.
If we're talking past each other or you don't see the problem here.. there's probably not much more to add.
have a nice day
It should be called toxic when either does it.. But we find billions of excuses for the FL, every time..