What is even more satisfying with this drama is how well the miscommunication is written. Because honestly, you don't find them guilt in their individual pov. But as a third person, you can clearly see how fucked up they are.
I've seen a lot of people hating on Jeongyo in the past episodes. I think we do not show him enough empathy. We're just quick to call him names but if you see in his pov, like really see in his pov. You'd definitely understand him more.
I just remember the light in his eyes 9 years ago when he was only happy playing piano, without expecting anything in return. Then the Kang family came and took not only his hand, but 9 years of his life. He was left to die in a foreign country. That light in his eyes has completely dimmed, filled with anger and pain. His character is as complex as Pio's character...
5 years without memories, then the other four was him trying to get back on his feet obviously. He didn't have connections, he was just a young boy from an underprivileged background. Imagine just how frustrated you'd be. And as much as he trusted Pio, they got to really know each other for a few months. And he knew just how obsessed he was with pleasing his grandfather, so that clouded his judgment.
I don't even blame Jeongyo being harsh. He has never played piano for a competition or to show off, he always played it because he loves playing. So imagine losing something you love and there's no way to get it back. That is what he told Pio too, that it's better for him cause he can get out of slump. But Jeongyo can never play, no matter how much he wants to.
Aside from revenge, he's just taking out all of his frustrations on Pio.
There's nothing that has ever concerned me than Pio's mental health in these past weeks. If you're someone who've ever had this battle, you know how hard it is to escape. And even if you do, you just never heal completely. So you slip up here and there...
So consider this being real, and imagine Pio past these 12 episodes. He's been through so much mentally that I wish someone could give him a warm hug and tell him he's doing the best he could.
We don't want that grandpa's redemption arc. If he was a decent human being from the start, he could have prevented all of Pio's obsession and Jeongyo's kidnapping...
The past episodes had been so emotionally draining, I just want this to end at this point cause I'm addicted, but the series is so angst.
Junyoung and Song Kang really did amazing executing their characters in this drama. And I'm just glad they didn't make the characters black and while. Both of them have flaws, and both of them are victims.
I'm truly trying not to judge each character and put the blame on them. Because at thr end of the day, we're seeing both of them in their povs while they're standing on the opposite sides, unable to understand what the other is going through.
I need everyone in this show to die, leaving Jeongyo and Pio. Because honestly speaking, if it weren't from all the adults in this show, Jeongpio wouldn't be depressed and revengeful right now. They could have been married, making out on top of the piano and the world would be peaceful.
But no... we can't have beautiful things in this I'm cryin.😭😭
Pio is the most miserable character. Everyone in his life is just fake, they just can't let him breath. Jeongyo was his only happiness.
You can actually see the difference in his eyes whenever he's around him. But without him, his eyes dims. Probably because Jeongyo was the only person who could actually understand him.
The cinematology was really pleasing to the eyes, as well as their acting. But it's expected from these three, right? They were really good. The fitted their characters well, and their expressions were really raw, easy to see how they feel.
But the most disappointing for this kind of a series is the chemistry. They had no chemistry between them, like... its not there. I expected some tension between Won and Lady Cho, some sexual tension between Won and Hui Yeon. it's like a dare right? So I expected something so raw that their relationship leaves me completely devastated.
But its like something sugarcoated (even the ending didn't hit right). This drama leaves you without any remembrance, its something I'll probably forget in the coming days. There's nothing worth admiring apart from the actors cinematology. I really wanted to feel that tragic romance between them. All three of them...
I've been anticipating for it that I immediately watched it the second it dropped. But I'm truly disappointed with the execution. I really expected something where I'd have to let out a deep breath by the end of the drama, totally mesmerized by the storytelling. I don't know if it's this remake, or they're all the same. Scandalous, but not scandalous enough. Tragic romance, but too dry to tug on your heartstrings.
Why do so many female fans of BL hate women? The comments on here, regarding the female lead, make my skin crawl.EDITMy…
If bl fans are hating on women, then non–Bl fans are pure misogynistic. We might as well sit on the same table.
But let me tell you something, saying the two have zero chemistry, the woman is unlikable, she's manipulative, she's just a bad person, does not make anyone "hate on women" but the writer herself being misogynistic because she's the one who gave the character this personality to push a queer agenda.
Should we lie and say: "Alright, she's just too perfect for this role. She's the greenest flag to ever walk this earth." just because the character is a woman? Clearly y'all are mad that we're against the romance. But do you think wanting a woman to act like that because of a man is not misogyny? Because why would you want a woman to humiliate herself for a man? And why should her existence revolve around romance, a man who clearly wants nothing to do with her?
Your discourse is nothing because you're out here trying to advocate for women but still want them to submit to patriarchy. Jaein has no reason being Pio's love interest when he treats her like shit.
And women do not revolve around men. I kinda think you'll try to make yourself think you're right and we're the bad ones, but whatever cause you have more to think about. Y'all busy masking homophobia with "Bl fans hate women." like please say what you are.
Obviously they made us hate Jaein. Her character is written deeply around misogyny. They had to give us an insane mm chemistry between two friends who are being shipped by half the fandom. I'm not complaining at that because I'd be a hypocrite if I say i don't ship them too.
But they didn't have to make the woman so insufferable, and so manipulative to fit their queerbaiting agenda.
Imagine dying while knowing there's 2ha adaption out there that you haven't seen.. My point is, they should just sneak this at this point cause it's pure torture.
I'm on the second episode and I needed to say Ongsa has pretty eyes. He's just too pretty overall (I have a soft spot for pretty boys with pretty eyes. Probably why I loved payback too.)😫😫
Heterosexuals ship non-canon ships almost everyday. What if the girl is a lesbian or the boy is gay, and the writers didn't emphasize on that? But you be out here shipping anyway.
So what's the problem with bl fans shipping two men together? It's not like they're hurting you or the actors, it's an unofficial ship still. (Netflix accounts are also shipping, so we're all in this boat together) But y'all hets be crashing out so bad you'd swear we killed someone.😭😭
Leave us with our yaoi. Our ships won't affect your life, I swear. Y'all are just ruining this show for everyone because instead of discussing the story itself, you're out here reprimanding us about ships. Let people do what they want and lets simply appreciate this story without any superiority complex over another set of audience, huh?
Those heart eyes on episode 2, candle lit performance, them rebelling together, the soft smiles, the care about each other... and y'all wanna convince me that this is not enough proof of two people falling in love? They have so much chemistry, I love it.
Because honestly, you don't find them guilt in their individual pov. But as a third person, you can clearly see how fucked up they are.
I just remember the light in his eyes 9 years ago when he was only happy playing piano, without expecting anything in return. Then the Kang family came and took not only his hand, but 9 years of his life. He was left to die in a foreign country. That light in his eyes has completely dimmed, filled with anger and pain. His character is as complex as Pio's character...
5 years without memories, then the other four was him trying to get back on his feet obviously. He didn't have connections, he was just a young boy from an underprivileged background. Imagine just how frustrated you'd be.
And as much as he trusted Pio, they got to really know each other for a few months. And he knew just how obsessed he was with pleasing his grandfather, so that clouded his judgment.
He has never played piano for a competition or to show off, he always played it because he loves playing.
So imagine losing something you love and there's no way to get it back. That is what he told Pio too, that it's better for him cause he can get out of slump. But Jeongyo can never play, no matter how much he wants to.
Aside from revenge, he's just taking out all of his frustrations on Pio.
If you're someone who've ever had this battle, you know how hard it is to escape. And even if you do, you just never heal completely. So you slip up here and there...
So consider this being real, and imagine Pio past these 12 episodes. He's been through so much mentally that I wish someone could give him a warm hug and tell him he's doing the best he could.
Junyoung and Song Kang really did amazing executing their characters in this drama. And I'm just glad they didn't make the characters black and while. Both of them have flaws, and both of them are victims.
I'm truly trying not to judge each character and put the blame on them. Because at thr end of the day, we're seeing both of them in their povs while they're standing on the opposite sides, unable to understand what the other is going through.
Because honestly speaking, if it weren't from all the adults in this show, Jeongpio wouldn't be depressed and revengeful right now. They could have been married, making out on top of the piano and the world would be peaceful.
But no... we can't have beautiful things in this I'm cryin.😭😭
Everyone in his life is just fake, they just can't let him breath. Jeongyo was his only happiness.
You can actually see the difference in his eyes whenever he's around him. But without him, his eyes dims. Probably because Jeongyo was the only person who could actually understand him.
But the most disappointing for this kind of a series is the chemistry. They had no chemistry between them, like... its not there. I expected some tension between Won and Lady Cho, some sexual tension between Won and Hui Yeon. it's like a dare right? So I expected something so raw that their relationship leaves me completely devastated.
But its like something sugarcoated (even the ending didn't hit right). This drama leaves you without any remembrance, its something I'll probably forget in the coming days. There's nothing worth admiring apart from the actors cinematology. I really wanted to feel that tragic romance between them. All three of them...
I've been anticipating for it that I immediately watched it the second it dropped. But I'm truly disappointed with the execution. I really expected something where I'd have to let out a deep breath by the end of the drama, totally mesmerized by the storytelling. I don't know if it's this remake, or they're all the same. Scandalous, but not scandalous enough. Tragic romance, but too dry to tug on your heartstrings.
But let me tell you something, saying the two have zero chemistry, the woman is unlikable, she's manipulative, she's just a bad person, does not make anyone "hate on women" but the writer herself being misogynistic because she's the one who gave the character this personality to push a queer agenda.
Should we lie and say: "Alright, she's just too perfect for this role. She's the greenest flag to ever walk this earth." just because the character is a woman?
Clearly y'all are mad that we're against the romance. But do you think wanting a woman to act like that because of a man is not misogyny? Because why would you want a woman to humiliate herself for a man? And why should her existence revolve around romance, a man who clearly wants nothing to do with her?
Your discourse is nothing because you're out here trying to advocate for women but still want them to submit to patriarchy. Jaein has no reason being Pio's love interest when he treats her like shit.
And women do not revolve around men. I kinda think you'll try to make yourself think you're right and we're the bad ones, but whatever cause you have more to think about.
Y'all busy masking homophobia with "Bl fans hate women." like please say what you are.
Her character is written deeply around misogyny.
They had to give us an insane mm chemistry between two friends who are being shipped by half the fandom. I'm not complaining at that because I'd be a hypocrite if I say i don't ship them too.
But they didn't have to make the woman so insufferable, and so manipulative to fit their queerbaiting agenda.
My point is, they should just sneak this at this point cause it's pure torture.
So what's the problem with bl fans shipping two men together? It's not like they're hurting you or the actors, it's an unofficial ship still. (Netflix accounts are also shipping, so we're all in this boat together) But y'all hets be crashing out so bad you'd swear we killed someone.😭😭
Leave us with our yaoi. Our ships won't affect your life, I swear. Y'all are just ruining this show for everyone because instead of discussing the story itself, you're out here reprimanding us about ships.
Let people do what they want and lets simply appreciate this story without any superiority complex over another set of audience, huh?
They have so much chemistry, I love it.