After seeing a lot of posts before saying Duang was cringe, I was expecting Cringe Cringe.
But unexpectedly, we're met with this two beautiful characters who's love is just pure and beautiful. It was chill and funny, and Qin's background added another complex layer which was not necessary dwelled over. It was a good way to show how different they were, and how their personalities were so different including their families. It was good seeing Qin healing and finally learn to let himself fall in love. And it was also good to see Duang being the greenest boyfriend. He was a complete book boyfriend package haha. And despite him being so desperate to be noticed by Qin in the first episodes, I just loved how he still respected his boundaries and never overdid (considering that everything Duang did was so extra personality wise)
Natural chemistry, beautiful story, and good acting. What more can anyone ask for?
Whether she's 18 or 19, she's a high school student and we look up to teachers as our elders, no matter the age gap. There's nothing romantic about this because an 18 year old is still immature. What would a fully independent grown ass man doing with a young girl who is still wet under her ears?
I hope there's no romance. I'm truly surprised by the tags thus why I'm so horrified. I'll just wait unti it finishes airing before deciding whether to continue or not.
This was a very good show really. But since I watched it a few years ago... now that I'm thinking about it, it was a bad move to make Eun Tak a high schooler when they could have at least made her a college student.
What a bad age gap trope between characters! Even though it's fantasy, 900 years old and a 25+ would have been better because 25 years olds are a bit matured, but a teenager? Hell 20 years olds are not even matured.
This synopsis sounds very good and I hope TJR can be casted because he can definitely play the role well. But I don't want to see him on GJM dramas again honestly.😫😫
The past weeks have been so long, it's been a while since I was captivated by a drama from the first episode to the last without losing the excitement. This drama carries such a deep meaning... from duty, to love, to devotion, to so many emotions that we felt through the eyes of the characters, especially Lu Wuyi and Ji Ling. Ju Jinyi and Tian Jia Rui brought this two characters perfectly to life, and I don't see anyone other than these two being our Jilu.
I haven't been following Ju Jinyi and I've never been a real fan of her but I've watched her dramas from the Legend of Yunxi, and I always thought she was a great actress but now she had really exceeded my expectations with her portrayal as Lu Wuyi. She was very phenomenal, and I hope she gets really good scripts from now on, I will truly be looking forward to her future projects.
And again, I like staning people who know what they're doing so that when I brag or defend them, it would not be embarrassing to do so. And I'm really proud to say I've been staning Ruirui since MJTY and so far, he has never disappointed me. It's so rare to see actors who really love their craft and give everything they have in their roles. Rui was excellent in this drama, he gave us 6 characters with different personalities and you can actually feel their difference by how he delivers them. Then he gave us the pitiful but kind and great Ji Ling who continued to touch our hearts throughout these past weeks.
People may slander him and call him the director's favorite or that he's using others to succeed but honestly... it was all his hard work. I'm sure if he delivered a mediocre performance, none of us would be gushing about him and proudly saying he's a great actor. He did outstanding, and he's amazing. I cannot wait to see him striving! He's still has a long way to go, but the future is bright.
This was a good journey. A painful one but one that will forever stay with us.
So far this feels like a recycling of both historical and modern kdrama. There's nothing new to look forward to. Same old cold male lead with trauma and doesn't want power (who's probably waiting for the female lead to melt him and change him somehow), scheming Ministers and the Queen who feels threatened about the throne of his son and hates everyone who's a threat, same old love triangle, same old we met before, same old "family issues" regarding the wealthy family, same old "she can be a reckless female lead"... Nothing new at all. And it's better that when it comes to men, they usually change between a cheerful male lead or a cold male lead.
Apart from CLOY and Queen of Tears (Which I now obviously hate because of #him) there's nothing new with female leads in romcom. Same recycling with the same personality. I pray for a day they realize that mature women with power can do well in romcom too.
Like we didn't have enough problems, they had to include the highest stake yet with Lu Wuyi. They literally don't want to see us happy. But my therapist is on a speed dial for the coming episodes.😭😭
Brah😭 40 minutes screen time for a single actor in one episode😂 mind you he’s smallest actor among the…
Y'all wanted a plot hole by having the director jump his story? We've been questioning ourselves about his identity since the story started and this episode was about his background.
And mind you, he's one of the greatest actors among the cast. So talk about him nicely.
This drama has equal screen time. Obviously they cannot take 20 minutes to Wu² then another 20 to JiLu in each and every episode. They will all have different screen time, some may have more screen time in two episodes, then some in another two episodes. And that does make sense actually.
And regarding the character depth, we're 18 episodes out of 29, there are 4 equal leads. If they managed to write deeper about three leads in just 18 episodes, you don't think then can do that with one in the coming 11 episodes? There are lots of things that needs to be uncovered still, and the villain is still playing around them. A villain that might be connected to Lu Wuyi.
Why are we acting like it's already the end?? Let's not start a lot of negativity please. We were wonderful and healthy in these past days.😌
It’s unfair how Lu Wuyi was written Her character feels like it’s completely centered around Jiling and her…
The story is still progressing. I don't believe that as the first host and the first person who saw saw Jiu Ying, they would write off her character just like that.
And, all the characters are slowly been given more depth in each arc as we learn more about what is happening in the story.
I saw this on twitter Also people who saw the script is saying the last ten episodes really a mess and annoyingSighhhttps://x.com/i/status/2042174483193286773
Those people have been promoting hate even before the drama aired. It's better to let twt negativity stay on twt.
I think this was too draggy, they should have made fewer episodes at least. Even if the novel was long, a novel and a series are different — you easily get bored in these types of dramas because there's too much storytelling. Unlike action dramas.
Regardless, I loved most of the story. I loved that Xiao Lan was determined of living differently from her original life. Since she was another person, she was bolder and had more courage to do anything she wants. It was more of a dream though, because nothing goes so smoothly in real life and I think that was the whole point.
In romance. May this kind of romance find my coordinates on Google and locate me. Healthy, communication, they trust in each other's dreams, help each other, they're just healthy. Not even fictional romance is like this anymore.
The chemistry was good. Not exactly "wow" but it was enough to keep the story growing.
It was actually good to see the growth of every character and how everyone was striving for their dreams. The plot was actually very inspiring.
After seeing a lot of posts before saying Duang was cringe, I was expecting Cringe Cringe.
But unexpectedly, we're met with this two beautiful characters who's love is just pure and beautiful. It was chill and funny, and Qin's background added another complex layer which was not necessary dwelled over. It was a good way to show how different they were, and how their personalities were so different including their families. It was good seeing Qin healing and finally learn to let himself fall in love. And it was also good to see Duang being the greenest boyfriend. He was a complete book boyfriend package haha.
And despite him being so desperate to be noticed by Qin in the first episodes, I just loved how he still respected his boundaries and never overdid (considering that everything Duang did was so extra personality wise)
Natural chemistry, beautiful story, and good acting. What more can anyone ask for?
I hope there's no romance. I'm truly surprised by the tags thus why I'm so horrified. I'll just wait unti it finishes airing before deciding whether to continue or not.
What a bad age gap trope between characters! Even though it's fantasy, 900 years old and a 25+ would have been better because 25 years olds are a bit matured, but a teenager? Hell 20 years olds are not even matured.
I haven't been following Ju Jinyi and I've never been a real fan of her but I've watched her dramas from the Legend of Yunxi, and I always thought she was a great actress but now she had really exceeded my expectations with her portrayal as Lu Wuyi. She was very phenomenal, and I hope she gets really good scripts from now on, I will truly be looking forward to her future projects.
And again, I like staning people who know what they're doing so that when I brag or defend them, it would not be embarrassing to do so. And I'm really proud to say I've been staning Ruirui since MJTY and so far, he has never disappointed me. It's so rare to see actors who really love their craft and give everything they have in their roles. Rui was excellent in this drama, he gave us 6 characters with different personalities and you can actually feel their difference by how he delivers them. Then he gave us the pitiful but kind and great Ji Ling who continued to touch our hearts throughout these past weeks.
People may slander him and call him the director's favorite or that he's using others to succeed but honestly... it was all his hard work. I'm sure if he delivered a mediocre performance, none of us would be gushing about him and proudly saying he's a great actor. He did outstanding, and he's amazing. I cannot wait to see him striving! He's still has a long way to go, but the future is bright.
This was a good journey. A painful one but one that will forever stay with us.
Same old cold male lead with trauma and doesn't want power (who's probably waiting for the female lead to melt him and change him somehow), scheming Ministers and the Queen who feels threatened about the throne of his son and hates everyone who's a threat, same old love triangle, same old we met before, same old "family issues" regarding the wealthy family, same old "she can be a reckless female lead"...
Nothing new at all. And it's better that when it comes to men, they usually change between a cheerful male lead or a cold male lead.
Apart from CLOY and Queen of Tears (Which I now obviously hate because of #him) there's nothing new with female leads in romcom. Same recycling with the same personality. I pray for a day they realize that mature women with power can do well in romcom too.
But my therapist is on a speed dial for the coming episodes.😭😭
And mind you, he's one of the greatest actors among the cast. So talk about him nicely.
They will all have different screen time, some may have more screen time in two episodes, then some in another two episodes. And that does make sense actually.
And regarding the character depth, we're 18 episodes out of 29, there are 4 equal leads. If they managed to write deeper about three leads in just 18 episodes, you don't think then can do that with one in the coming 11 episodes?
There are lots of things that needs to be uncovered still, and the villain is still playing around them. A villain that might be connected to Lu Wuyi.
Why are we acting like it's already the end?? Let's not start a lot of negativity please. We were wonderful and healthy in these past days.😌
And, all the characters are slowly been given more depth in each arc as we learn more about what is happening in the story.
Regardless, I loved most of the story.
I loved that Xiao Lan was determined of living differently from her original life. Since she was another person, she was bolder and had more courage to do anything she wants. It was more of a dream though, because nothing goes so smoothly in real life and I think that was the whole point.
In romance. May this kind of romance find my coordinates on Google and locate me. Healthy, communication, they trust in each other's dreams, help each other, they're just healthy. Not even fictional romance is like this anymore.
The chemistry was good. Not exactly "wow" but it was enough to keep the story growing.
It was actually good to see the growth of every character and how everyone was striving for their dreams. The plot was actually very inspiring.