Ahhh the tried and true "westernised" ragebait... Meanwhile repeating my comment, to get back to dramaland, and because I thoughtt I was being so pithy and punny with my reference to the article ...Shin Min Ah is the queen of chemistry
So you wouldn't mind casting actors with dark skin in a Victorian-era setting either?When you create a fictional…
"If you're going to place Koreans in a Victorian-era setting, then you should also explain why they are Asian rather than British. That's simply part of maintaining the internal logic of the world you've created." This could be a valid argument if you were referring to a documentary or an historical text. But it is not. Much like Flame Of Gnomes (deliberate), this is a very obvious fiction. It doesn't require an adherence to a made up visual. And claiming "Historical Accuracy" is a sad intellectualisation of prejudice. Your comment is treading very close to being outright ethnocentric.
Only thing I keep coming back to every few months. Feels like a comfort food to me. Absolute masterpiece.
Comfort food is a seriously perfect analogy! It's definitely my comfort watch (rewatch when needed) too. But I feel like I need a reminder to come to the rewatch with snacks 😅 Sooo much delicious looking food, and eating, in every episode "Comfort Food!" So punny!
Of course she'd find it strange. It's similar to seeing Europeans dressed as samurai, Asians dressed in ancient…
What exactly, is she wearing that is "Western" in the same way that 'Samurai' or 'Ancient Egyptian' are representative? I'm not quite getting your correlation.
Love Lee Seol. "....and above all, I wanted the opportunity to work alongside senior actor Namkoong Min..." promises more than just "The Husband" alone in every scene. Here's hoping Lee Seol gets to play a significant role, right alongside Namkook Min
At ep 8 and finding this just so enjoyable. I won't be back here for a bit, to avoid any spoilers. But this is definitely the antidote for me, this week
".......adding that "the police's warrant request is intended to block the exposure of a prominent politician's…
There is always some suspicion that political leaders in SK will use particular (sympathetic to their cause) media organisations, to create 'false stories' and 'disinformation,' to misdirect public scrutiny. And then will use their power to apply pressure to both police and prosecution. There were many claims by opposition govt., and members of the public, along these lines, during Lee Sun Kyun's investigation. But obviously the accused members of govt., deny it and there's never any evidence. It's a bit like a widely accepted conspiracy theory.
Chosun Ilbo, also report that Kim Sae Ron's family's lawyer has been arrested as an accomplice.
On another note...things you write here, can be collected as evidence for defamation cases. And you can be charged with defamation for those words...it pays to be circumspect before you publish your comments. Stating your hate can have consequences for you, not just for the harm you're causing to others.
At this point, it seems targeted. They couldn't get him with that controversy, now it's this controversy (I know…
It's unlikdly it's targeted. There will be more celebrities making statements like this in coming months - I mean Cha Eun Woo, Kim Seon Ho, Lee Hanee all in the past few months. And more names last year. It's all after tax law changes by the govt.,around the "entertainment agencies"; then a stated final date for getting your tax stuff in order; and then announcements of a crack down. Honestly it's not even a controversy/scandal at this point
Teasing. It's called teasing. Are netizens so sensitive they can no longer recognise slightly sarcastic teasing?!? It's these interactions that make the show watchable.
What I fail to grasp - willing blindness, I suppose - is why people are unable to see that AI is closer to post…
Yours is an interesting perspective. And my question is: Why is there a portion of humanity that actually wants this and is, one could argue, successfully pursuing it? We are very weird creatures 😶
Yep, it's substituting the amazing work of actors, voice actors, singers, musicians, painters and illustrators…
I can't help but think Hollyweird has been doing this awhile; with the relentless remakes and reboots and endless comic book hero movies - no need for a real life, creative scriptwriter when the stories have already been used to train the systems
Yep, it's substituting the amazing work of actors, voice actors, singers, musicians, painters and illustrators…
Writers too! How many people use it to 'create' even simple paragraphs now. I think we've been exposed to AI quite a lot already, with scripts being quietly AI generated
I hate AI dramas.. they should put an end to them all together not only in the the face-swapping... It's great…
I can't stand AI stuff either. I can't really fathom how there's even a market for these productions! Doesn't 'AI face' give people the hee-bee-gee-bees? It's pure uncanny valley for me. It seems like an even worse progression on from actors whose faces can't emote due to cosmetic procedures, into the complete dehumanising of human stories. So disturbing.
Meanwhile repeating my comment, to get back to dramaland, and because I thoughtt I was being so pithy and punny with my reference to the article
...Shin Min Ah is the queen of chemistry
This could be a valid argument if you were referring to a documentary or an historical text. But it is not. Much like Flame Of Gnomes (deliberate), this is a very obvious fiction. It doesn't require an adherence to a made up visual. And claiming "Historical Accuracy" is a sad intellectualisation of prejudice.
Your comment is treading very close to being outright ethnocentric.
On another note...things you write here, can be collected as evidence for defamation cases. And you can be charged with defamation for those words...it pays to be circumspect before you publish your comments. Stating your hate can have consequences for you, not just for the harm you're causing to others.
It's all after tax law changes by the govt.,around the "entertainment agencies"; then a stated final date for getting your tax stuff in order; and then announcements of a crack down. Honestly it's not even a controversy/scandal at this point
It seems like an even worse progression on from actors whose faces can't emote due to cosmetic procedures, into the complete dehumanising of human stories. So disturbing.