News
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Idk why she is still even in the story!
Seriously. At this point she is useless, annoying and pathetic. At least in the novel YJX really did love her. Here she doesn't even get this.
2 0
Replying to BlueBird • Aug 24, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
Has anyone read the novel? Is the drama substantially different, better or worse?
Neither. They really are two different stories in many respects.
6 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
He is indeed despicable but he is dumb and he bores me.
Yes, that's what happens to him in the novel because other than framing the FL he committed no crimes (and he might have cheated on the imperial exams, I don't exactly remember, I get mixed up on these novels sometimes 😂). And then he is just left bitching about his life all the time.
0 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
He is indeed despicable but he is dumb and he bores me.
Yes, at least in the novel he was somewhat interesting.
1 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
She probably wasn't in great health
in the novel she actually was ill and weak and died not long after FL's wedding - once the FL was settled she just felt free to let go, there was no outside interference involved.
0 0
Replying to Jiejie • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
why did the mother's servant lie about her health?
She probably wasn't in great health
0 1
Replying to Maryena • Aug 23, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
I have mixed feelings... I can't say I love the changes anymore after ep 17.
I think you have to look at them as two different stories... because they really are.
0 0
Replying to changemysoul • Aug 22, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Can someone spoil and tell me what’s fan ya Ke fate at the end of the novel?
The ironic part is that the novel Fan Yake isn't anywhere as bad. Yu Jinxiu is the real villain. Ms. Fan is just Yu Jinxiu's tutor's daughter (and the tutor has nothing to do with the Fu family) that he falls in love with and decides to get out of his marriage by framing Tingyan (he also finds out that someone from the Fu family cheated on the imperial exams and uses that to blackmail the Fu family into not protecting Tingyan).
0 0
Replying to NikitaKadam • Aug 22, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Those who have read the novel, can someone tell me if it's a happy ending or not !? If yes, do they stay in Capital…
Yes, it's HE but the novel is very different in many respects.
1 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 13, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
The novel is VERY different but rest assured karma will come for them.
Don't worry, if they follow the general outline of the novel, he will!
0 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 13, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
The novel is VERY different but rest assured karma will come for them.
I do too, but they really are two different stories.
1 0
Replying to MyLiking • Aug 13, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Suddenly Fu Ting Yu's maid has a husband ?! Is he a spy on the new wed ? or am I reading too deeply into this…
The husband was always a part of the story - it was in the novel. He is a good guy.
0 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 13, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
The novel is VERY different but rest assured karma will come for them.
To make a long story short, Madam Yu will die and her son and his wife will lose everything. But the drama and the novel really are two different stories, only the general outline and (some of) the main characters are the same.
1 2
Replying to chotoranii • Aug 13, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor Spoiler
Oh my gosh someone who has read the novel, what happens with Madame Yu and the rest of her family?!? I'm sure…
The novel is VERY different but rest assured karma will come for them.
1 5
Replying to widyalpacaRJKOYA • Aug 12, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
Anyone who reads novel, can you tell me in what chapter the drama right now (episode 10), I want to read the novel…
The novel is good but VERY different.
2 0
Replying to Ravenna • Aug 12, 2026
Title The Road to Splendor
his reaction to her asking him to marry herðŸ˜
Priceless!
4 0
Replying to Acrobit12 • Aug 12, 2026
Title Royal Betrothal Spoiler
Well, if I like the source material, it's pretty much a guarantee that
I am not going to like the adaptation. I looked at the ending (wtf is this OE mess) and now I am going to save a few hours of my life by not watching the rest. I think some of the actors playing the secondary characters did a good job and that's about it.
0 0
On Royal Betrothal • Aug 12, 2026
Title Royal Betrothal
Well, if I like the source material, it's pretty much a guarantee that
0 1
Replying to RTinTin • Aug 6, 2026
Title Royal Betrothal
Is it only me who thinks the novel version is better than the drama.
They have changed a lot and I am not liking the changes.
4 1
Replying to Dedra70 • Aug 5, 2026
Title Overdo
Here we go...another WTH!Just as we all knew, the marrying aviator chick was a no go. She was just letting everyone…
I have dropped this because once I start feeling like the writer hates their characters I am out, but this is an epically awesome summary, I don't even need to watch anything!
1 0