Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 42 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 20 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: November 29, 2022
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award2 Flower Award6

Friends

Replying to Aira • May 3, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Looking forward to her new role. I wonder which drama she's joining.. I checked and there's 2 dramas that are…
Tbh, I still get angry when I think about it. Why on earth did they think a hate campaign against the FL and actress was a good idea?
0 0
Replying to tttweet • May 3, 2026
the thing is though, EG never said this was going to be a dragon's focus story! He only said VOS's focus is LOVE…
It’s probably because of the concept of “only a dragon can kill a dragon”. It sets up expectations of a big role because as the only dragon left, WSG is positioned as a chosen one and these type of characters usually become the focus of the story. It’s a bit like if the Harry Potter series suddenly started to put most of its focus on Ron halfway through the books after suggesting Harry was the chosen one in the first few books. The splitting of powers after every demon’s death was probably a way to deal with the situation and leave room for the two characters but it actually created the opposite effect because WSG gets an underdog buff and then everyone assumed Ji Ling would power down but he doesn’t. Ji Ling should have an underdog buff as well but it comes too late and has less effect because it’s mostly through telling and flashbacks, which are not as powerful. It also doesn’t help that a lot of WSG’s development is told in a really straightforward and sometimes very plain way whereas Ji Ling is the opposite. This goes against audience expectations (which is not a bad thing but can lead to criticism if the execution is off ). I think for it to work, they would have to feel like they’re both roughly on the same level power wise at the start and the levelling up needs to be shown with the same weight for both characters.
3 0
Replying to Jamaal • May 2, 2026
I want to watch this drama to understand how frustrated you're by this drama 🤣🤣🤣
It’s because it’s a romance that isn’t very romantic from either side’s perspective. Neither leads have the relationship they want. The ML doesn’t get the affection he wants and the FL doesn’t get the truth and transparency she wants. Because of this it’s either suffocating, toxic, or frustrating for half the show (which many romance viewers don’t seem to care for). And when it finally resolves and the audience thinks they’ll get a reward for wading through the chaos, the narrative veers completely off course. I’ve watched the show twice and I’m still amazed at how neither the screenwriter nor director/producer didn’t spot such a major problem.
3 0
Replying to user_61306 • May 1, 2026
After finishing VOS wanted to explore actor tian jiarui more so someone suggested me this one and I am so glad…
It’s because of the way things work in C-ent. Leads usually have to take on a majority of the promotion responsibilities including booking theatres and also take on the risk and consequences to their career if the show doesn’t air well. Some have spent years building up their reputation and marketability to build an audience and bring investment to support lead roles. As a trade off, fans feel the show’s main focus should be on the leads but GJM keeps messing with the narrative to promote certain characters and fans don’t like it because it doesn’t seem fair.
But it’s the director’s problem. It shouldn’t rise to the actors. If GJM just did things in an aboveboard way and directly cast his talents as leads like other directors do, there wouldn’t be any fuss.
8 0
Replying to Aira • May 1, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Looking forward to her new role. I wonder which drama she's joining.. I checked and there's 2 dramas that are…
Was it the one where she said it was a challenging one? I really hope it’s a good production with an ethical crew. It’s been hilarious watching the drama that shall not be named’s marketing realising the mistake Phoenix Crown made of demonising the FL but sad at the same time because Xiao Ran didn’t deserve all that slander and hate.
0 2
Replying to Aira • May 1, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Looking forward to her new role. I wonder which drama she's joining.. I checked and there's 2 dramas that are…
It could be a support role. Jialan was a secret until the drama nearly finished filming. It could also be like Li Binghe who was rumored then kind of disappeared and then she wasn’t announced until filming started.
0 4
Replying to BearFightingFanBackAgain • Apr 30, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
For the gallery, you have to tag photos from the drama photo gallery. For the feed, it’s photos posted to the…
I still don’t understand why out of all her photos, they chose this one🥲 but I will keep looking for the right photo. I’m going to try posting her shoots through the feed but I think there’s a limit to how many I can post at a time.
0 1
Replying to Aira • Apr 30, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
PXR is going to join the crew on May 5th. I wonder which drama.. 😍
I’m so excited for the 5th! 🎉
0 1
Replying to miladygothika • Apr 28, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
She is beautiful and talented. So underrated. I hope she gets more lead roles offered.
I think she’s waiting for a decent production and/or decent script. She’s at the stage where reputation is more important than anything else.
2 0
Replying to Aira • Apr 28, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Still figuring out how to add photos in the gallery. 😅 at long last people can see her real beauty. The profile…
For the gallery, you have to tag photos from the drama photo gallery. For the feed, it’s photos posted to the feed that are tagged to her.
I also want to change her profile photo too😅.
0 3
Replying to BearFightingFanBackAgain • Apr 28, 2026
I thought TBBM was Yehua.
I don’t fully understand it either 😅but it seems like there is a difference like although Yehua is an offshoot of Huanrui, it’s independent in some ways. The difference in companies kept being pointed out when talking about the breakup dramas of her former colleague so I think it must be something like this. I don’t think any of Xiao Ran’s two dramas are actually Huanrui although they have Huanrui stars.
3 2
Replying to miladygothika • Apr 28, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Thank you for sharing. PXR looks absolutely divine in the gothic theme. I love it!
You’re welcome.
1 0
Replying to Aira • Apr 27, 2026
Fate Chooses You is airing right now which is from the same production company. I wonder if they could release…
I thought TBBM was Yehua.
1 5
On Peng Xiao Ran • Apr 26, 2026
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Beijing International Film Festival Closing Ceremony Master Post

Peng Xiao Ran post #1:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291641214076992

Peng Xiao Ran post #2:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291676844689480

Peng Xiao Studio post #1:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291638021948176

Peng Xiao Studio post #2:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291714940246614

Peng Xiao Studio post #3:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291730240805008

Peng Xiao Ran Studio post #4:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291918406977456

Shrimp Farm post #1:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291633593813726

Official BIFF film footage:
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5291675664517983
3 2
Replying to Vincenzo Cassano • Apr 24, 2026
For starters, who's the ML and FL? I'm on episode 2, and not establishing that already is stupid, and everything’s…
There are 4 main leads and the focus switches between them.
6 0
Replying to MeAndWho • Apr 24, 2026
Do the capitalists even realize that this drama is a hit because of the actors, not the script? Even with such…
A second season doesn't necessarily mean it’s the same characters. It could be the same world. Just like with this drama and Painted Skin fans, it bringout the curious. And enormous popularity may not be the point so much as being seen as a kingmaker.
GJM has his own fanbase and his own level of recognition. He needs leads with a large enough and active fanbase or big enough backing to do the data and spend but maybe he wants more control over casting . VoS feels like an experiment, as if he wanted to test the formula for creating a hit character and/or a star. Some people are crying plagiarism and copying but it’s actually a sort of creative evolution. He ditched what didn’t do well in FoF and kept and refined what did do well. If he can create enough stars, then he can choose who he likes and write about what he wants much more easily and probably face less scolding too.
0 0
Replying to WM • Apr 24, 2026
No Romance tag?Does it mean the female lead won't need to be saved multiple times by the ML, like the one in Princess…
Weakening a FL is a common problem in female centric romantic works. It’s usually to highlight or boost the ML to make him more appealing to the audience. Thankfully, this show is a serious historical drama and not a romance, meaning it has obligations of higher quality storytelling and accurate history. If the FL is weakened to the point that it distorts history, it will probably be reported to the authorities.
2 0