Unfortunately, you are right. I had to drop it half way through because the beautifully filmed cooking scenes disappeared and the strong young woman tried too hard to please her man. I might try to watch the rest of it but with so much interesting stuff out there, it might have to wait for a while.
I agree with everything you've said, especially the 'addictive' part. I just couldn't live it alone until I finished it - binge watching it in two days only be cause I had to go to sleep ! Lol.. I had no idea 3 of them are singing in the OST ! Wow, had it not been for you mentioning it, I wouldn't have checked, so, thank you !
Thank you so much! I put so much effort into my reviews. I even take notes as I’m watching. It’s nice to know…
Lol...in this case, we are already friends. I've read most of your List and I've already made a start on Coffee and Vanilla - exactly like you described it - a watered down version of '50 shades of grey'. Cheers !
Thank you so much, I really enjoyed reading your review, you're quite good at it ! I watched this show four times already, it has become like the proverbial 'old slippers'. Your review makes me want to watch it again. -:)
Although I started watching k-dramas before the plandemic, the idea was to have at least one place, just one, where I can hide away from the present insanity. To open MDL and read an article about what anyone can post on social media, it's a bit much. There is no intelligence test when one buys an electronic device that connects you to the internet, why do we need to get stressed out for what some people have said ? We all have our opinions about everything, do we have to relay them to the world and should the entire world acknowledge them and put them forward for discussion ?
Have only been watching Asian dramas about a yr and a half and have no problem dropping anything. Have dropped…
I find all conversations by parents and siblings trying to guess what is going on really, really boring, the fast forward button at the ready, never missed anything, they are just fillers.
I wish they would commit to only 10 episodes, there is still time enough to see poor people changing their expensive coats every time they leave the house - as product placement dictates too many episodes.
This described me perfecrly because I cant drop anything no matter how boring or bad it is :/
There is always something good in any drama which benefits us for watching it to the end - cinematography, good acting, our favourite actors, observing their lifestyle, interior design, architecture, etc. Not to mention good actors' diction which benefits those interested in learning the language. No matter how 'bad' a drama is, if it has a lot of humour, then it's worth watching.
Finally, clever clogs, I'm glad you told us the name of his affliction, I was soooooo...curious, therefore, Thank You ! My husband is a bit like that and I'm the exact opposite - opposites attract, don't they ? This show blew my mind, knowing a person who would do anything to avoid people and who, for years, has been criticised at work for not being a good communicator, made me understand him better. It's too easy to tell people 'why can't you find methods to deal with your problems' but, really, maybe that person doesn't think they have a problem in the first place. I know, we are herd animals and we find strengths in being together and following societal rules but any herds there are exceptions. Anyway, these exceptions make great husbands, as annoying as they can occasionally be, they are like rocks, they won't be swayed by anyone and anything and the marriage of nearly 3 decades is a proof that these kind of people are gems waiting to be recognised and acknowledged. I really enjoyed the show after the initial hard to watch episodes, it's a pity the writer didn't make more of an effort to make it more plausible seeing that the social issues he dealt with are so important, especially in Korean society.
I agree with you, people don't commit suicide for reasons like unrequited love, most of us would not reach the age of 30, it belittles the reasons people suffer for real which leads them to suicide when they think they can see no way forward. I tried hard to understand her reasons but I could see none. Her boss was a decent man who didn't pay special attention to her - that's laudable, I worked as a secretary and personal assistant to directors and I was happy to be treated just like an employee. What did the writer think about women, did he believe they are such feable creatures, they would end their lives on a whim ?
Lmaoo I mean I wasn't really expecting anything but still girl this was some next level of CRINGE XD
Agree, 100% ! They were desperate for some publicity/promotion/exposure but they got it so wrong...DO's face on a yellow plastic apron - pfff....and all their faces on...cleaning products...?! What producer actually hates them ?
I don't know which one was funniest, EXO Next Door or your review because both of them made me laugh so much....I mean, if you take it seriously, of course you are going to lose a few brain cells but not me, not since I watched How Are You Bread - I mean, what's that ?! It had SUHO in it and then I had no idea who that was as I hadn't heard of EXO. Later on I found out and made a mental notice - when one of the EXO boys is in it, read reviews first then watch at your peril.
Thanks for the recommendations Elena. Will make sure to check them out!!! :)
Thank you for yours as well, there is never time to watch all dramas with good OSTs, therefore they are always welcome. I don't watch medical dramas but this ost went straight to my heart: https://youtu.be/rIJxazZNeLs
A lot of them, they make you fall in love with Korean language, music and lyrics are so impressive. However, there is one for me that I can't move from since I watched the drama. It's 운명 (Fate) lyrics by Why - Full House 2004 Korean drama OST https://youtu.be/aLxh_jcYcR4 https://youtu.be/40EmLt1orSw
A very close second place is Ailee with Goodbye My Love from Fated to Love You - Korean drama https://youtu.be/Cr2ApaaV0SM
I highly recommend you listen to the OSTs of the Taiwanese drama 'Behind Your Smile'! Especially the opening song…
On both, Netflix and Viki the search comes up with a different title, namely The Perfect Match. It looks like the same drama but I want to be 100% sure. Maybe MDL could add this title in their description ?
hmmm... the only problem is that I can't touch lolpeople are wandering around shirtless all the time, sometimes…
It very much depends on what kind of culture you've been brought up. I used to see shirtless men only in hot summers while they were working hard repairing roads or working in the fields, nowhere else. While I admire the male body, if that particular male doesn't feel confident with the shirt off, he shouldn't feel pressurised to take it off only for a financial reason . Now, you see the parallel with another industry ?!
I had no idea 3 of them are singing in the OST ! Wow, had it not been for you mentioning it, I wouldn't have checked, so, thank you !
To open MDL and read an article about what anyone can post on social media, it's a bit much. There is no intelligence test when one buys an electronic device that connects you to the internet, why do we need to get stressed out for what some people have said ? We all have our opinions about everything, do we have to relay them to the world and should the entire world acknowledge them and put them forward for discussion ?
I wish they would commit to only 10 episodes, there is still time enough to see poor people changing their expensive coats every time they leave the house - as product placement dictates too many episodes.
My husband is a bit like that and I'm the exact opposite - opposites attract, don't they ?
This show blew my mind, knowing a person who would do anything to avoid people and who, for years, has been criticised at work for not being a good communicator, made me understand him better.
It's too easy to tell people 'why can't you find methods to deal with your problems' but, really, maybe that person doesn't think they have a problem in the first place. I know, we are herd animals and we find strengths in being together and following societal rules but any herds there are exceptions.
Anyway, these exceptions make great husbands, as annoying as they can occasionally be, they are like rocks, they won't be swayed by anyone and anything and the marriage of nearly 3 decades is a proof that these kind of people are gems waiting to be recognised and acknowledged.
I really enjoyed the show after the initial hard to watch episodes, it's a pity the writer didn't make more of an effort to make it more plausible seeing that the social issues he dealt with are so important, especially in Korean society.
https://youtu.be/rIJxazZNeLs
However, there is one for me that I can't move from since I watched the drama.
It's 운명 (Fate) lyrics by Why - Full House 2004 Korean drama OST
https://youtu.be/aLxh_jcYcR4
https://youtu.be/40EmLt1orSw
A very close second place is Ailee with Goodbye My Love from Fated to Love You - Korean drama
https://youtu.be/Cr2ApaaV0SM
In third place, DAVICHI with Forgetting You - Moon Lovers OST
https://youtu.be/0LGfSVknQlo