Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 8 days ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: May 24, 2015
Replying to Focussen • Oct 3, 2015
Title Moon River Spoiler
Ok, I've reached ep 13. But I'll have to admit; the (EDIT) 'Stubborn' character of Ming Xiao Xi is really getting…
I think she is narrow-minded because she is dumb and to stubborn to adapt her lifestyle in a way that actually fits in the world that she lives in. At first I thought it was only the stupidity. But in later episodes I also realized it was stubborness.

Ming Xiao Xi didn't want to stand out. She implied that herself in the first few episodes. However, because of her fashion and because of her morals she did. Not only that, it also created more problems for her when it comes to Bing and Xing. But despite her stupidity, this girl knows very well that changing her lifestyle would've made things a LOT different (perhaps easier) for her. In the end, she didn't. And she got involved in other people's issues that actually live in not only a modern, but a 'high' society as well. She doesn't know how to deal with that. We see her numerous times wanting to avoid the boys in order to get away from those issues, but because of the way her character is, she keeps attracting them. The guys (Bing and Che) are very protective of her because she doesn't fit in this world. To make matters worse, they even fall in love with her. And Bing even uses Ming Xiao Xi to stir things up in his world. Lets not forget Xue, she may not fall in love with Ming Xiao Xi, but she is very protective and interested in Ming Xiao Xie. (The bloody baskets are a good example).
The combination of her lifestyle with people from that modern/high society, and ALL the issues that they need to deal with, make her look weak and dependent. Even though she could have easily changed that if she would not be so stubborn and dumb.
Hence why I say she can be added to that list. Taiwanese, Korean or Japanese, it doesn't matter. Many times the female lead gets portrayed in a despicable way. And its 'bloody exaggerated'.

I always say: will it be a Geum Jan-Di situation? Or will it be a Makino Tsukushi situation? In this case. Moon River is definitely a Geum Jan-Di situation. I would've preferred the Makino one though.
0 0
Replying to Focussen • Oct 2, 2015
Title Moon River Spoiler
Ok, I've reached ep 13. But I'll have to admit; the (EDIT) 'Stubborn' character of Ming Xiao Xi is really getting…
We're watching a character that has absolutely no great breadth of view. She has absolutely no knowledge of the 'modern world/society'. Those bloody socks; lack of fashion. Those annoying baskets. And her sincere and righteos personality (coming from her fathers traditional school and upbringing) combined with that stupidity. It's pissing me off. I understand that she lived all her life somewhere in mainland China without any wi-fi, and without a proper upbringing about the modern world. But every person that transfers to a city and a freaking school like that would adjust themselves asap right? Or am I wrong? This character is just another one that can be added to the list with simple-minded, dumb and pathetic female leads in dramas.

For god sake. She's a kung fu panda, but that personality still makes her look absolutely weak.

Yes, I'm mad. Again.
1 0
On Moon River • Sep 30, 2015
Title Moon River Spoiler
Ok, I've reached ep 13. But I'll have to admit; the (EDIT) 'Stubborn' character of Ming Xiao Xi is really getting on my nerves right now. It's so bloody exaggerated.
1 22
On No Longer Heroine • Sep 19, 2015
Oh no, just by seeing this trailer I've got this feeling that I once again need to deal with my second male lead syndrome. Haven't read the manga, so absolutely no clue how this story goes. But, uhg..
7 1
On Kim Yoo Mi • Aug 15, 2015
Person Kim Yoo Mi
This women deserves a medal for her performance in Cruel City.
5 0
Replying to Okami Hikaru • Jul 9, 2015
does someone know where i can watch this dramas?
I've been doing a little bit of research. If I understand correctly, this short drama aired on BeeTV. Now, what is BeeTV? It's a company that only broadcasts on mobile phones in Japan. This makes it very hard to find their programs on the internet. Sometimes, a very popular one will be released on DVD. But that doesn't seem to be the case with this one.
4 0
On Pluto • May 30, 2015
Title Pluto
I've been looking for ages for some kind of OST from this movie. Has anyone some info about that?
4 0