I can’t stop laughing 🤣😭 Lin jinqi looked horrified when Uncle Xu knelt in front of him and Scholar Han looked incredulous when Lin jinqi knelt as well. I had to pause this scene to laugh from second hand embarrassment. OMG! 😆
I love as they don’t show us everything happening for instance we were not shown how Li jinqi was informed Lanxiang was missing. They just showed him appearing at the house. This is a very good way to pack more scenes in an episode and advance the drama.
truth is that, from the perspective of the time, many people had no choice—especially regarding marriage. After…
Yes I know. I mean from what she was saying in the trailers she was focused on the disrespect and that’s because in that era marriage was not about love but compatibility. So she was not ‘heartbroken’ because she was prevented from marrying the love of her life. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
“Everyone knows what our family is like. The Lin family knows too. Naturally my dowry can’t compare with an official’s daughter. There’s no need to pretend we are wealthier than we are and make thinks difficult for ourselves. No matter how mismatched our families may be, the marriage was bestowed by the emperor. No one would dare say I am not a suitable match. Mother, Father, please stop blaming yourself for not being capable enough”
With this awareness by the FL of the social divide between her and the Ml and what society and the ML’s family would think, the Ml never stood a chance with the Fl. She and her parents would never entertain the thought of a romance between them even if he even approached her directly.
That is why the emperor’s decree is used by the Writers as a plot device to bring them together.
The Ml understands how wide the gap is and knows this gap cannot be surmounted by romance or love alone and in his obsession decided it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission 😃
Quote from a mad Duke 🫠
Imagine the audacity of this duke. Even an Army commander is apparently not free to make a choice.
“Everyone knows what our family is like. The Lin family knows too.
Naturally my dowry can’t compare with an official’s daughter.
There’s no need to pretend we are wealthier than we are and make thinks difficult for ourselves.
No matter how mismatched our families may be, the marriage was bestowed by the emperor.
No one would dare say I am not a suitable match.
Mother, Father, please stop blaming yourself for not being capable enough”
With this awareness by the FL of the social divide between her and the Ml and what society and the ML’s family would think, the Ml never stood a chance with the Fl. She and her parents would never entertain the thought of a romance between them even if he even approached her directly.
That is why the emperor’s decree is used by the Writers as a plot device to bring them together.
The Ml understands how wide the gap is and knows this gap cannot be surmounted by romance or love alone and in his obsession decided it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission 😃