if a character makes u mad, remember the actor has done great acting😊
No kidding. Yu Yin, the actor who plays the infuriating Fu father is also in currently airing Pull Strings, where he plays such a different character with such accuracy I only realised it was him on ep 4. Fantastic actor.
A criticism about cdramas in general, not just this one.
Is anybody else fed up with the super slow approach to kissing? It's got more and more exaggerated to the point of getting ridiculous, we can almost do the laundry while they cover the distance between their heads. At that rate they won't have any children because, by the time their lips actually touch, she'll be menopausal and he'll have prostate problems.
That's a two way street. How is it different when he's the one treating their relationship as a mere transaction? He never gave a passing thought to how she felt about him taking a concubine, that's the whole point.
The idiot was shooting just gunpowder with no ammunition. No wonder ZL lost his patience and sliced his shotgun…
You should. TY is not the one eyed man, she's the smart cookie whose DNA leapt over her father and very successfully searched for and found his smart ancestors.
Partly my fault for always checking out Twitter for any marketing/promos they're doing but dangggg the way that…
I watch the ep first, then I read the comments. I only watch the official teasers from the ON (in this instance, wetv), because I know they won't be spoiling the storyline. I particularly won't look for the drama on twitter because I know it's not regulated and they post leaked scenes and info that will spoil the outcome without any warnings.
The idiot was shooting just gunpowder with no ammunition. No wonder ZL lost his patience and sliced his shotgun…
I've been thinking that from the beginning about TY being the outcome of that clown. Billions of spermatozoon fighting for that egg and the only smart one was the one that won. It gives me faith in nature.
Zhao Ling to Ting Yun : "I was annoyed that you treated such a momentous occassion as a mere transaction". Also ZL to TY: " I don't want to take that concubine because the salt traders could manipulate me in future". Me: "Anybody in China, would you kindly slap the writer! Many thanks".
Stopped watching at EP20 - intolerable cruelty towards bird (shot with arrow) - why would there be a need to watch…
I winced at that scene even though I had seen the 'no animals were harmed in the making of this drama' caveat. I just can't help it, I can't see animals being hurt even if they are props. I wish they didn't include animal cruelty in dramas, so unnecessary.
The idiot was shooting just gunpowder with no ammunition. No wonder ZL lost his patience and sliced his shotgun…
LOL. That too. In the end he's going to have to thank ZL for breaking his toy, now he'll have a useful tool instead of a good for nothing weapon with which he would have ended up shooting himself in the foot ( he has shot himself in the foot anyway, he just can't help it). 🤣
wow I didn’t make the connection. such differing characters!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Yesterday I was watching PS after TRTS and I suddenly went, 'hang on, that's the Fu horrible father!!'. I had watched several eps without realising it was him, great characterisation too.
Given the release dates, he may have even worked on both characters simultaneously. I find that amazing, given how entirely different and well defined they are.
I've had a look at his bio and he has a pile of future dramas lined up, so I imagine he works on more than one a a time.
The Road to Splendor and Pull Strings are both airing now and he's in both of them. It's interesting to see him in two completely different characters at the same time. He's got a great comedy vein too.
And I saw a post somewhere saying that they might be removing the 40 episode cap for long dramas. The timing....…
I know, that's why I commented on how other dramas had got around the 40 eps limit by dividing the drama into 2 seasons and filming them both at once. Since the makers of this drama didn't even use the 40 eps limit, I assume it's going to be fine with 36.
Up to today's ep 25 I'm finding the pace perfect, a lot happening in each ep but perfectly packed and delivered. I don't have the patience for dramas that get lost in irrelevant subplots or keep you waiting for a week for someone to blink.
its probably because of the default rating on the remaning episodes , Am guess it will move to a 9 or 9.5 by the…
'I know the difference between the airing dates and start of filming dates' If you know the difference, why did you make a false comparison? You actually make it sound like you intended to create confusion.
'I am saying how will the scenes that have not been aired and not shown or seen yet effect [sic] a drama that finished filming before it aired???' Goodness gracious, are you really that naive?Then how are scenes leaked DURING filming? How are chunks of original scripts leaked BEFORE filming? Don't you know industrial espionage is common in the film industry? Even without any need for spies, the actual production companies release shorts during filming in order to create expectation.
'Also, the scenes you mentioned are literally common tropes not just in cdrama but other media as well'
Name them. Name the dramas with those same scenes. Name also dramas with the same POJ scene in the bath with the yin and yang figure made by the spiralling of their robes and the same masterful camerawork. Name dramas with the kiss by the window, their hands tearing the paper screen and the servants peacefully watching from inside.
On top of it, you are confusing 'trope' with how a scene is put together from beginning to end. The cinematography, the atmosphere, the camera work, the colour palette, its pace, how it is acted. You come across as someone who thinks all sunflowers paintings are Van Goghs because they are all sunflowers.
Is anybody else fed up with the super slow approach to kissing? It's got more and more exaggerated to the point of getting ridiculous, we can almost do the laundry while they cover the distance between their heads. At that rate they won't have any children because, by the time their lips actually touch, she'll be menopausal and he'll have prostate problems.
Personally I don't find it sexy at all.
That's a two way street. How is it different when he's the one treating their relationship as a mere transaction? He never gave a passing thought to how she felt about him taking a concubine, that's the whole point.
Also ZL to TY: " I don't want to take that concubine because the salt traders could manipulate me in future".
Me: "Anybody in China, would you kindly slap the writer! Many thanks".
The Fu father can now tie a few reeds to it and use it to sweep his forecourt, since his daughter-in-law has already dismissed most of the servants.
Given the release dates, he may have even worked on both characters simultaneously. I find that amazing, given how entirely different and well defined they are.
I've had a look at his bio and he has a pile of future dramas lined up, so I imagine he works on more than one a a time.
Up to today's ep 25 I'm finding the pace perfect, a lot happening in each ep but perfectly packed and delivered. I don't have the patience for dramas that get lost in irrelevant subplots or keep you waiting for a week for someone to blink.
If you know the difference, why did you make a false comparison? You actually make it sound like you intended to create confusion.
'I am saying how will the scenes that have not been aired and not shown or seen yet effect [sic] a drama that finished filming before it aired???'
Goodness gracious, are you really that naive?Then how are scenes leaked DURING filming? How are chunks of original scripts leaked BEFORE filming? Don't you know industrial espionage is common in the film industry? Even without any need for spies, the actual production companies release shorts during filming in order to create expectation.
'Also, the scenes you mentioned are literally common tropes not just in cdrama but other media as well'
Name them. Name the dramas with those same scenes. Name also dramas with the same POJ scene in the bath with the yin and yang figure made by the spiralling of their robes and the same masterful camerawork. Name dramas with the kiss by the window, their hands tearing the paper screen and the servants peacefully watching from inside.
On top of it, you are confusing 'trope' with how a scene is put together from beginning to end. The cinematography, the atmosphere, the camera work, the colour palette, its pace, how it is acted. You come across as someone who thinks all sunflowers paintings are Van Goghs because they are all sunflowers.