Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: Apr 18, 2026
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Florida
  • Contribution Points: 43 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 29, 2014
On Donju • Feb 14, 2022
Title Donju
I'm not fully sure why I love this movie so much, but I do. It's the combination of slapstick, whimsy, and an Agatha Christie-type mystery set in a wacky part of a Japanese Sumo village. The performances are so funny and stellar, especially Kazuki Kitamura as the insane Eda, and Asano Tadanobu as the very strange Dekoyan.
1 0
Replying to mango • Feb 14, 2022
You and me both! Anything that sounds like a good mystery, crime, or thriller is enough to get me excited, and…
Hi thanks for commenting! That's okay, i comment and then see replies years later. haha. Yes i love mysteries and thrillers too. Annnnnnnd … Still waiting for Kera subs, but i've seen it without. I watch so much dramas without subs i should be fluent already. lol. I'm not Japanese and English and some Spanish are my main languages.
1 0
On Hamon • Dec 19, 2021
Title Hamon
This was such an amazing show. Kuwahara is one of Kazuki Kitamura's best characters ever. He is one of the coolest you'll ever see.

I bought a DVD version of this, put out through Malaysia I think. They are sold on eBay. The English subs are poor, like older Google translate poor, (Admittedly they have gotten much better.) but I am so grateful they at least attempted to do it! Apparently, nobody else wants to sub Hamon because the Kansai dialect is used (And possibly different variations of it) and they don't know it properly? That's the reason I heard years ago.
0 0
Replying to Sima • Dec 5, 2021
We need like, a whole new season WHERE THEY FINALLY MEET EACH OTHER AND HAVE A HAPPY ENDING FFS!
They gave him a Quantum Leap ending! My sister and I were so disappointed in this. They claimed this is the last movie. There wasn't enough Oyama in it for us. And it had really cool fight scenes. That's it.

I guess at some point they're just gonna have to let Oyama die heroically on the job and put this walkie talkie to rest. Because they keep killing him off in the past.
1 1
On Good Friends • Oct 27, 2021
Title Good Friends
Why did it take 8 years to release this film? Got the DVD gonna watch soon. I hope the English subs are not too awful
0 0
On Westgate Tango • Sep 16, 2021
I scanned through this whole movie and did not see Kitamura Kazuki as the character Aniki. The Actor who played that character is named Toyoharu Kitamura. You can see the source on IMDB. Can this be corrected?
0 0
mango • Jul 21, 2021
I'm dying for Kera to be subbed. :( I bought Hamon on DVD with English subs but they were kind of terrible. I think it was an Indonesian or Malaysian release? I wish Japan would release their special DVD boxes with English subtitles but I get it. It's for their own country. I tend to buy Hong Kong releases because they have acceptable English subs. Their DVD releases however never have the special features you would get on the Japanese one. :/

I don't care much about the terrible subs as long as I could follow the story, and just watch Kazuki as sexy Kuwahara on my screen. But the story and plots are very involved and you want to understand.
1 2
I found this drama special and the performances very uneven. I notice that happens often in J-Drama. At times the mystery fascinated and creeped me out. The callous murders of H.S. kids jarred me. I couldn't find the humor, even though my brain screamed this is meant to be a black comedy! Honestly not sure what to classify it as. The last 15 minutes had me sobbing, thanks to veteran actor (and one of my absolute favorites) Kitamura Kazuki.
0 2
On Jungle • Jun 26, 2021
Title Jungle
I didn't even know this existed and I love the Galileo series. If anyone should've gotten their own mystery spin-off it special should've been Detective Kusanagi Shunpei, played by the marvelous Kitamura Kazuki.
0 0
Replying to MidnightKnight • May 18, 2021
Title Merry Mary
Do you happen to remember the site?
Hi, I'm sorry i checked for you but i don't believe it exists anymore. It kept getting taken down, and now when i type in gooddrama it takes you to a dummy page that wants you to download something suspicious.
0 0
Replying to Althalus • May 8, 2021
You know i have been feeling the same thing lately... not preachy per se but the main characters in many of the…
I haven't seen that drama but I will check it out. And you're right, that's a better word for it than "Preachy" - Self righteous!
0 0
On YAOH - King of the Night • Jan 25, 2021
I watched this mainly for the beauty that is Kitamura Kazuki who played Seiya, the King and rival to the main guy. He never disappoints. It was an interesting dip into the escort culture of Japan. But ultimately, as many J-dramas do, it became too preachy, trying to rationalize and promote an illicit career choice to be seen as honorable.
0 2
Replying to blimarch • Dec 28, 2020
Echizen is so annoying, she's so blank and liveless! Witnessing your creation coming to life is the ultimate dream…
Hello, sorry for the late reply! Yes!! I'd Definitely jump for joy to meet the characters. She is probably one of the worst female leads I've seen.
1 1