Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: Apr 18, 2026
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Florida
  • Contribution Points: 43 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 29, 2014
On Jenifa • Dec 29, 2017
Title Jenifa
I love Charlotte Fox, but she is not in this film and doesn't play Jennifer. Charlotte Fox only made her Japanese debut in the acclaimed drama "Massan" in 2014. The actress in this movie is named Odessa Rae.
2 0
On Meet Mr. Daddy • Dec 29, 2017
I loved this movie. Laughed and cried buckets throughout. Seo Shin Ae was truly one of the greatest child actresses in the last 10+ years.
1 0
On Traces of Love • Dec 29, 2017
This was a sad movie but it's also hopeful. Beautiful scenery as he follows the diary.
1 0
On Tokyo Story • Dec 29, 2017
A masterpiece of classic Japanese cinema. And a strong reminder to never take your loving parents for granted. I remember the music made me cry.
2 0
On RV: Resurrected Victims • Dec 29, 2017
They had a fascinating premise but didn't do much of anything with it. Imagine the ramifications of something like that happening around the world? It became just a mother-son redemption story.
1 0
On Raise the Red Lantern • Dec 28, 2017
This is one of the best films ever made. I can't call a movie set in 1920's China "dated." and 27 years after it's 1991 release it's still perfect. Rich in vivid symbolism and ethereal. You feel just as cloistered in that little world as those women. And by the end it's haunting without showing a drop of blood. I never fail to recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good foreign film. Take a look at any Chinese drama, particularly the Palace ones, and you'll see the same type of bitter, backstabbing women all hoping to earn favor of their master. (Or Emperor.)
13 0
Replying to Ayumu • Dec 28, 2017
Where did you watch it ? I had searched (and still searching) everywhere but I could not find it.
oh darn, I'm sorry. I'm in the U.S. I just read the about page and it's a North American streaming company.
2 0
On The Booth • Dec 21, 2017
Title The Booth
Some jump scares – But they're not what you'd think. The set-up and twist ending was pretty well done! Somebody has it in for DJ's I guess.
0 0
On Massan • Dec 18, 2017
Title Massan
I can't say enough how much i enjoyed this drama. It brought me smiles and tears almost every episode. And smiles through tears. The main cast was wonderful. It's truly an inspiring epic!
0 0
On Park Gun Hyung • Dec 12, 2017
He's wonderful. The best in Innocent Steps! Great dancing. Very funny in Mr. Wacky too. He reminds me so much of Song Il Guk. They even have a similar voice.
3 0
I actually binged this in 2 days. It had me rivited. Jade Heart Palace 1 will always be my favorite, but I loved the 4th Prince/Emperor too and was glad he found his own true love. I'd like to see He Mickey in a modern drama. There was a crazy amount of time spent on side characters near the ending episodes, with some head-scratching resolutions and weird uncomfortable twists of characters I'd thought lovable. (I'm looking at you, manservant gong gong.)

It's hard to find subs for this. What I watched was probably pilfered off Viki but the subs are incomplete so big chunks were missing in almost every episode. Still I got the point.
0 0
On The Ex-Man • Dec 3, 2017
Title The Ex-Man
Rainie and Blue Lan… dream pairing for Taiwanese drama. Look forward to this one.
2 0
On 20th Century Boy and Girl • Nov 29, 2017
I haven't smiled so much watching a drama in a long time. I usually don't watch the fluffy romantic ones, but this was calling my name. I related to the ladies a lot. The chemistry between Han Ye Seul and Kim Ji Suk was absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe he hasn't been cast in leading males roles this long. I love his smile, it's contagious and makes me blush. Lee Sang Woo didn't have a lot to say or do in this drama, but he was fine to look at. His character Anthony was a complete introvert and that's okay. I loved how the brothers supported and cared for one another. I enjoyed the Meta bits, like Jin Jin listing her acting career and it's all of Han Ye Seul's real dramas and the big cameo at the end. :D
4 0
Replying to momo • Nov 29, 2017
I got so confused when Han Ye Seul began speaking English, as I did not know she's a fluent English speaker who…
She usually has an opportunity to speak English in most of her dramas. Especially her earliest Couple or Trouble.
0 0
On Yokai Ningen Bem • Nov 17, 2017
I saw this drama in 2014, then rewatched it a year later. Just when you think this is gonna be some cheesy "monster suit" drama, the story and journey of this trio pulls you in and doesn't let you escape. It rips at your heartstrings and plays with your emotions, and you just want to give all these monsters a big hug, some warm food, and a permanent home.

Bela is very prickly, but even she mellows out, and you learn that she does care about humans.

***Edit 2022: I am revisiting my review 5 years later, and I can completely relate to Bela!

And Kitamura Kazuki (His picture should be on the main page - not listed as "other cast.") he's one of the actor-loves of my LIFE! His warm-hearted, sweet, but grieving Detective Natsume is just the BEST. This is one of his and Kame's best roles.

That sad flute/Musical Saw theme…don't get me started. Brings the waterworks every time.
2 0
On One Sunny Day • Nov 17, 2017
Beautiful back drop, beautiful So-Ji Sub, decent female lead (A little green in the acting dept.) , put them all together and…the whole drama was one big pile of Meh!! Not much chemistry. Not every drama has to be some rick-rolling wild event, but it was too under-stated. I'll leave it at cute.
2 0
On Pride and Prejudice • Nov 17, 2017
This drama didn't grab me at all. I got so bored all I could do was stare at the female lead's toothpick legs and black tights every episode. It made her seem like such a child. Unfortunate clothing choices in so many dramas, I just don't get it.

Choi Jin Hyuk was in fine form but I felt nothing for these characters or their situations. I felt no chemistry from anyone. I couldn't finish it.

I knew Jin Hyuk could do better. And he did. Watch TUNNEL!! Or go back in time and watch "It's okay, daddy's girl."
4 0