Part of the reason why I’m struggling finishing this drama too. It’s like he is supposed to be this scary…
Thanks. I didn’t used to drop shows before but now as you said, there’s way too much variety for me to be spending time on things that I’m forcing myself to watch. It’s just that the ratings on MDL are all wacky now and rarely do I find a show that actually reflects its ratings.
Part of the reason why I’m struggling finishing this drama too. It’s like he is supposed to be this scary…
Darn. I was already skipping their couple scenes because I just did not find any chemistry. The murder mystery part was fun but other than the princess many of the characters are just so unlikable. Really struggling to carry on with the show after 10 plus episodes in.
I am really struggling with this show. More than 10 episodes in and while I think the mystery of the crimes and who committed them is definitely an interesting element, I just don’t feel any chemistry between the main characters. The main lead does not give off scary commander vibes that the plot keeps telling me he is supposed to be. However, for some reason I keep putting off watching the next episode. It’s not pulling me in and I’m wondering if I should continue bothering.
Call me crazy but Ao Rui Peng doesn’t give off main character energy. But he’s a good looking guy so it’s…
Part of the reason why I’m struggling finishing this drama too. It’s like he is supposed to be this scary commander or whatever and no he does not come across as that. Seems like a nice fun guy next door.
Same! I liked it more this time than my first watch. I just adore dramas by this screenwriter.
I’ve noticed that New viewers to K drama or Chinese drama are watching the newest drama so the old dramas may not be as watched as the new ones by newer audiences. This is why I keep finding all of the new dramas are rated a nine or 10 somehow when the quality does not reflect that rating. I think it may be that people find that their favorite idol or artist is in the show and just read it that high. As for this writer, I’m aware of how people treated start up, another one of the shows I really loved. That was very crazy to me because it was very obvious who suzy was gonna end up with.
Rewatched it after so many years and bumped up my rating. What an Excellent show. Plot, acting, chemistry, OST are all brilliant. PSH and LJS at their very best. I love this screen writer's work so much.
LOL I rewatched and changed my ratings from 9 to 9.5 just because I have rewatched this show especially the couple…
To be honest I haven’t rated any show 10 so that’s why I haven’t rated this one 10 either. Otherwise as you said this is such a comforting show. I’m still waiting out for a Doctor romantic 4
Alright I think it is time to drop this at ep 7. The FL is starting to seriously annoy me with her baby voice and childish behaviour. I have NO idea what the ML sees in her and their chemistry started out okay but now it seems to be lacking. Someone recommended this as similar to Lighter and princess but at least the leads had chemistry there and the plot actually MOVED (other plot holes aside). It is dragging here and I can't bring myself to watch the next episode.
The plot was interesting, the acting was good and yet there was something missing in this show. The main couple was slow burn but the pay off was just NOT there. So much wasted potential because there was SO MUCH SET up for Angst and layers upon layers of forbidden romance that was just not utilized. I actually liked the author and the inspector couple more. Overall Good Effort but could have been more. Also the Mother in Law was a badass character. As others have noted, I couldn't root for that one couple but was probably common historically.
This show had an excellent first half with the mystery of who Lee Seol is so well done. However, the second half…
1) The smart way they kept the mystery of the lead was So well done in the beginning and then somehow they all went dumb and revealed who Lee Seol was infront of the Bad guy in 30 seconds. How ridiculous. 2) Lee Seol gave up the throne to his brother???? What about all the people dying around him to protect him? They put their lives on the line for the actual heir. No good reason is given in the show. Oh Lee Seol doesnt have a plan after take over? Well, that's why a King has advisors. The King dying by Lee Seol's sword and telling Lee seol they are the same is such a flimsy excuse. Not to mention they were just fooling the entire country with a fake Lee Seol even if he was a prince. How is that different than the prev King installing a fake baby son? And all of this for Lee Seol to what, run an inn?? That really really pissed me off. 3)Dan O and Lee Seol's romance started out well enough and I know it was a slow burn but they chemestry was tepid at best and at the end I was skipping their scenes to get to the political plot. 4) The episodes could have been trimmed. There were mutiple scenes where the same plot points were discussed again and again. 5) Again the 2nd ML was so charismatic with such a compelling story, I was wishing he was the ML at the end. 6) I would say this show is a 7.5 after that ending but because the mystery of Lee Seol's identity and the bromance was well done, and the watchman was so compelling, I will give it an 8.
This show had an excellent first half with the mystery of who Lee Seol is so well done. However, the second half is drawn out, disappointing, and the ending PISSED me right off. Reasons below. While the 3 leads were excellent, the Watchman made the show and I think I would have preferred a show about that character.
Rewatching this series in order and now almost done with this one. As someone who is at a crossroads in her career,…
I think his advice of not apologizing when you are not wrong just because you dont want to be uncomfortable resonated with my so much. It's like I would love to have a mentor like this
I rewatched this and changed my ratings to 10 from 9.5. Such a gem! These are the dramas that I want to rewatch…
LOL I rewatched and changed my ratings from 9 to 9.5 just because I have rewatched this show especially the couple so many times now. What a feel good show.
Gave it a try due to the high rating but this genre just doesn't work for me no matter how much I try. That aside the leads had good chemistry but for some reason I was more interested in the second leads. I also don't agree that this was 'enemies to lovers'. In theory it was but in the show they were flirting from the get go and fell for each other fast. The Fl's main goal was sidelined multiple times because she wanted to help her arch enemy. This is astounding to me when she was defeated by him and her kingdom paid for it. Many plot lines were streeeeetched out like sometimes 1/3 or 1/2 of the episode was about Situ ling and I had to really power through the first 10 episodes. Really needed some chopping. Ost was good.
The main couple was slow burn but the pay off was just NOT there. So much wasted potential because there was SO MUCH SET up for Angst and layers upon layers of forbidden romance that was just not utilized.
I actually liked the author and the inspector couple more.
Overall Good Effort but could have been more.
Also the Mother in Law was a badass character.
As others have noted, I couldn't root for that one couple but was probably common historically.
2) Lee Seol gave up the throne to his brother???? What about all the people dying around him to protect him? They put their lives on the line for the actual heir. No good reason is given in the show. Oh Lee Seol doesnt have a plan after take over? Well, that's why a King has advisors. The King dying by Lee Seol's sword and telling Lee seol they are the same is such a flimsy excuse. Not to mention they were just fooling the entire country with a fake Lee Seol even if he was a prince. How is that different than the prev King installing a fake baby son? And all of this for Lee Seol to what, run an inn?? That really really pissed me off.
3)Dan O and Lee Seol's romance started out well enough and I know it was a slow burn but they chemestry was tepid at best and at the end I was skipping their scenes to get to the political plot.
4) The episodes could have been trimmed. There were mutiple scenes where the same plot points were discussed again and again.
5) Again the 2nd ML was so charismatic with such a compelling story, I was wishing he was the ML at the end.
6) I would say this show is a 7.5 after that ending but because the mystery of Lee Seol's identity and the bromance was well done, and the watchman was so compelling, I will give it an 8.
I also don't agree that this was 'enemies to lovers'. In theory it was but in the show they were flirting from the get go and fell for each other fast. The Fl's main goal was sidelined multiple times because she wanted to help her arch enemy. This is astounding to me when she was defeated by him and her kingdom paid for it.
Many plot lines were streeeeetched out like sometimes 1/3 or 1/2 of the episode was about Situ ling and I had to really power through the first 10 episodes. Really needed some chopping. Ost was good.