Gave it 8 episodes but the leads are really pulling me out of the story. I had liked the FL in L&P but here either she is too modern for this genre or the character is too perfect that it's just not believable to me. eg the part when she is rescuing books while the family is being arrested, she has a smirk on her face and is calmly going around. Takes me out of the story and I dont see the character but the actress "acting". The ML just does not have the screen presence. The leads have no chemistry so far. The plot is interesting but I just don't feel the urge to continue. Best thing was the opening song
I waited for this show since it was announced bec of ZLH and ZJM chemistry in the Princess Royal. It had potential but did NOT reach it. Not sure if it was the novel or the screenplay but WHY was Ying Tao obssessed with Qiao Xi and so Mad he didn't write her back? It was one summer and she was being clingy. Acting wise ZJM and ZLH's acting were really good and even better than Princess Royal. ZLH crying scenes were well done. The HK arc was full of angst and my favourite part of the show. I wish the pay off was better. The friendships and community was sweet and I wish Qiao Xi relationship with the friends was better established. Music was really good and added to the scenes. Overall I am giving it 8 bec of ZLH and ZJM's acting/chemistry and the show has a comforting nostaligic vibe to it which makes for an easy watch. However, there were multiple episodes where ZLH was missing and the show wasted too much time on some plotlines and not enough on others such as the main couple. The main conflict of the story being the mom meant the stakes were not too high for me. Wish the 2leads had a better ending.
Since this show came out, i’ve tried to watch it 4 different times and each time ive dropped it. I can’t do…
I just came her to see what else people are going through. I watched the first episode and was not impressed. I am a sucker for slow romance but I was hooked in ep 1 in Our beloved Summer. AS you said it shouldnt feel like a chore to watch a show.
Agreed it really wasted the enemies to lovers when it has such a good set up and start. There was so much opportunity…
Yeah that’s about the correct percentage and to their fight scenes were so intense in the beginning only for him to fall like that for her. I need like Secret/Kluewcheewit level of enemies to lovers pay off.
Solid enemies to lovers trope; I'm giving this 8/10 solely for the main couple that stays free of unnecessary…
It made me a fan of the ML for sure but yeah around the half way mark I started forwarding the crap out of this show except for mostly the fight scenes.
This show started so promising. By 2/3 it started dragging by 3rd of the show I was fast forwarding because the smart characters and plot that was established in the beginning of the show was Lost. The ML and FL had so much chemistry in the beginning and by the end i started skipping their scenes because that was lost too. Half way the show became all about the ML and the FL became a supporting character. However, this is my first time watching a CZY show and I have to admit he was so so charismatic whether it was emotional scenes or fight scenes. He really WAS his character. LQ was great in action scenes but again her character lost steam half way. Actions scenes were really good and the OST was excellent. Overall started 8.5 and then went down to a 7.5 for me. All that build up but ended up so anti-climatic for me. Also the sister character pissed me the heck off.
I don’t know how the novel was so without comparing, I feel like the drama was actually really good. There’s…
Yeah Lovely Runner is overrated and took me several attempts to finish. LOL I absolutely do not have to lower my standards for a show. I used to enjoy the older dramas and the new ones are just not matching up. I can see the quality is not the same.
I don’t know how the novel was so without comparing, I feel like the drama was actually really good. There’s…
Once you read the novel you would know how much a disappointment this drama was. Each scene in the novel is built with suspense and in this show the characters TELL the audience what is going on rather than show it. Let's put the novel aside, as a standalone story and drama an 8.6 rating is straight up ridiculous. A 7 or 7.5 maybe and I say this as someone who has watched asian dramas since 2009. Every show on MDL now gets a 8-10 which means there is something flawed with the ratings system.
This drama was SUCH a disappointment. I waited so long and this is what I got. I was addicted reading this novel and yet somehow the 36 episodes DRAGGED on. There was so much chemistry between the leads in the novel and the show LOST all of it. These actors had more chemistry off screen. Where was He Yan's new family? like did He yan have anything to do other than wait around for the ML and say Dudu non stop? Every scene that was dramatic in the novel turned so anti climatic in this show. She kept making heart eyes so who really thought she was NOT a girl. Other than the battle scenes everything else was lack lustre.
this drama has been universally praised for it's chemistry and has won several awards, so in that regard you have…
You might have found chemistry but I didn’t as it seems that several others didn’t either. So I will leave it at that. As for Sauron, I disagree. We know why he was evil. It was because he wanted power and his character was the driving force behind the entire plot. The villain appears as a plot tool and then disappears: no motivation and no logic. Let’s also take the time travel element. At one point any time FL gives any hints time pauses. However, in later episodes she is freely alluding and talking about what happens to ML.
This show is really bizarre to me. The actress did well and the actor did great and yet I just did not feel the intense chemistry that's needed for an epic love story. FL had more chemistry with 2ML (he is so charismatic) The reason for him falling in love and then to be obsessed for years is just nonsensical. Did an Amazon delivery person write this show?? I was more interested in how the time travel worked than the couple to be honest. Also that random villain with NO explanation whatsoever was just ridiculous. Overall the acting/directing/plot concept was good so I would rate it a 7/7.5 because it took me several tries and months to finish this show.
I had liked the FL in L&P but here either she is too modern for this genre or the character is too perfect that it's just not believable to me. eg the part when she is rescuing books while the family is being arrested, she has a smirk on her face and is calmly going around. Takes me out of the story and I dont see the character but the actress "acting".
The ML just does not have the screen presence.
The leads have no chemistry so far.
The plot is interesting but I just don't feel the urge to continue. Best thing was the opening song
Not sure if it was the novel or the screenplay but WHY was Ying Tao obssessed with Qiao Xi and so Mad he didn't write her back? It was one summer and she was being clingy.
Acting wise ZJM and ZLH's acting were really good and even better than Princess Royal. ZLH crying scenes were well done.
The HK arc was full of angst and my favourite part of the show. I wish the pay off was better.
The friendships and community was sweet and I wish Qiao Xi relationship with the friends was better established.
Music was really good and added to the scenes.
Overall I am giving it 8 bec of ZLH and ZJM's acting/chemistry and the show has a comforting nostaligic vibe to it which makes for an easy watch.
However, there were multiple episodes where ZLH was missing and the show wasted too much time on some plotlines and not enough on others such as the main couple. The main conflict of the story being the mom meant the stakes were not too high for me. Wish the 2leads had a better ending.
The ML and FL had so much chemistry in the beginning and by the end i started skipping their scenes because that was lost too.
Half way the show became all about the ML and the FL became a supporting character.
However, this is my first time watching a CZY show and I have to admit he was so so charismatic whether it was emotional scenes or fight scenes. He really WAS his character.
LQ was great in action scenes but again her character lost steam half way.
Actions scenes were really good and the OST was excellent.
Overall started 8.5 and then went down to a 7.5 for me. All that build up but ended up so anti-climatic for me. Also the sister character pissed me the heck off.
Let's put the novel aside, as a standalone story and drama an 8.6 rating is straight up ridiculous. A 7 or 7.5 maybe and I say this as someone who has watched asian dramas since 2009.
Every show on MDL now gets a 8-10 which means there is something flawed with the ratings system.
I waited so long and this is what I got. I was addicted reading this novel and yet somehow the 36 episodes DRAGGED on. There was so much chemistry between the leads in the novel and the show LOST all of it. These actors had more chemistry off screen. Where was He Yan's new family? like did He yan have anything to do other than wait around for the ML and say Dudu non stop? Every scene that was dramatic in the novel turned so anti climatic in this show. She kept making heart eyes so who really thought she was NOT a girl. Other than the battle scenes everything else was lack lustre.
The reason for him falling in love and then to be obsessed for years is just nonsensical. Did an Amazon delivery person write this show??
I was more interested in how the time travel worked than the couple to be honest.
Also that random villain with NO explanation whatsoever was just ridiculous.
Overall the acting/directing/plot concept was good so I would rate it a 7/7.5 because it took me several tries and months to finish this show.