News
Replying to noona • Mar 5, 2024
Title Because of Love
I absolutely loved this drama up until the second half. The mature and thoughtful nature of all the relationships…
That's pretty much my analysis. Ep 20 came and it's like the writer and the plot switched or something. WHAT happened to the angst and chemistry?
4 0
On Because of Love • Mar 5, 2024
Title Because of Love
This drama started out strong and then somewhere along ep 20 it lost its way. No idea what happened to the chemistry of the lead couple from the beginning episodes. I don't even know if I can tell you when they got together. The focus on the business aspect at the end really stepped away from the chemistry of the characters which was the "heart" of the show. Lastly, the FL was so stubborn that I wanted to shake some sense into her bec her ego really was bigger than her love for the ML.
6 0
Replying to Leaves45 • Feb 17, 2024
Title Mysterious Love
interesting theory re subtracting 1.5. lately the ratings on this site are not reliable at all
Oh yes I meant this for every show. I watched Kingland which I dropped because those readings were undeserved. I also watched my demon which I finished and it was OK but it was definitely not an over 8 show. I started marriage revenge and couldn’t get past episode two yet despite its high ratings
4 0
Replying to monstersnroses • Feb 17, 2024
Title Mysterious Love
Yet another drama that proves out my theory that if you want an honest rating on a modern-setting chinese drama,…
interesting theory re subtracting 1.5. lately the ratings on this site are not reliable at all
4 2
On Parallel World • Feb 17, 2024
Title Parallel World
Plot? What plot? I was too mesmerized by the lead couple to notice anything. This is the kind of show that you can watch for the lead couple, their acting, personalities and push and pull. I do wish it had a longer ending to explain everything properly but overall binge watched. The fantasy world needed to be better explained though and took too long to start but I smiled through all the lead couple scenes so time well spent.
6 1
Replying to Forever_Shawol • Feb 15, 2024
Title Parallel World
FINISHED IT: thoughts on the ending this needed to be 40 eps long, 2 more eps could have done so much WTH was…
I agree...they really needed 2 more episodes because that ending was too short after all that waiting
0 0
Replying to Nonsuch • Feb 14, 2024
Title My Demon
Thank you for explaining. I am familiar with the actors you mention so I now better understand what you mean.…
Yes, I agree. I have never watched a song kang show before and I have heard of the acting issues but strangely enough, they worked because he was playing this demon nonhuman character so his acting wasn’t much to criticize. But the rest is a show and the plot didn’t make sense.
0 1
Replying to lime_pickle • Feb 14, 2024
Title My Demon Spoiler
I quite enjoyed the first half/two thirds, but far too much time was spent on them mooning over each other, complete…
Yes, when she decides to teach the family a lesson and episode three or was it or four I think I was like oh this show has potential and then it didn’t really do anything with all of that
0 0
Replying to IndianChief69 • Feb 14, 2024
Title My Demon
MDL ratings make sense when you realise that people are not rating the drama but rather their obsession with the…
I imagine some fans are rating shows higher and lower than they should be and that’s really messing up with the ratings on this site. I also suspect it maybe that there are A lot of new K drama watchers and so they haven’t watched the breath of shows from years ago and consider this a great drama, but haven’t compared it to all the rest of the shows that are classics. I found the same issue with the readings for king the land, which is way way way too highly rated for the plot that it has.
0 0
On My Demon • Feb 13, 2024
Title My Demon
I feel like this show had more potential than what it ended up being. The chemistry peaked in the first half of the show and then the plot tried to do too much, romance, mystery, fantasy, supernatural, reincarnation, mystery, horror....like every genre thrown in. This is a 7-7.5 at MOST, not 8.3. Lately the ratings at MDL are really puzzling.
7 5
On Perfect Marriage Revenge • Feb 11, 2024
Title Perfect Marriage Revenge
I am on episode 3...someone tell me if this drama gets better? I don't know but with an 8.5 I had high expectations but I hope they explain why the ML is falling for her so fast.
2 3
Replying to Raisu • Feb 9, 2024
Title King the Land
I got bored after episode 2 as I pretty much knew how the story was gonna end by then, didn't want to go through…
It was more than they were cliché, but I didn’t get any emotions or feelings
1 0
Replying to naccu • Feb 9, 2024
Title King the Land
You're not alone, but I wanna congratulate you for completing it! I could not. Like you said it had no plot at…
Oh hahha. I didn’t finish. Only till ep 9. I kept putting it off and then told myself I don’t HAVE to finish. I can watch Better things.
0 1
Replying to Jiejie • Feb 3, 2024
Title King the Land
it started off boring for me. I forget which episode I stopped watching. I think after they did the interview.…
I think the first few episodes were typical, but what I would expect of a romcom, but then they just did not get better and in fact, got progressively more boring. Anyway, do let us know if it ends up getting better and you end up liking it.
0 0
Replying to Leaves45 • Jan 30, 2024
Title King the Land
I love ROM Coms but this isn't it. Rom coms need the electric chemistry if there is no plot (which there is none…
Keep at it...I think the chemistry was off the charts once there was time jump. Don't want to give a spoiler but I feel like I can say that bec it's in the tag.
0 0
Replying to uoow • Jan 30, 2024
Title King the Land
Me too! Gosh I struggle so much especially in the 2nd half it got so boring for me when the main couple got together
hahaha yeah the secretary was a great character. I think part of it was that Yoona's character was so so one dimensional there was nothing going on. And Junho did what he could with his character but there is only so many dates and random stuck together in an inn nights audience can watch before wondering...where is this plot going.
2 1
On Wedding Impossible • Jan 28, 2024
Title Wedding Impossible
this sounds similar to the Lakorn that I just dropped
0 0
Replying to uoow • Jan 28, 2024
Title King the Land
Me too! Gosh I struggle so much especially in the 2nd half it got so boring for me when the main couple got together
Thank you for understanding my bewilderment about this show. It was like hey they got together (for no logical reason) and now watch them make out....
2 3
Replying to Leaves45 • Jan 28, 2024
Title King the Land
I love ROM Coms but this isn't it. Rom coms need the electric chemistry if there is no plot (which there is none…
I agree that chemistry is subjective so you may have found it watchable just on that basis. I do watch lakorns but frankly I have different expecations for a lakorn than a kdrama. I already know what I am getting myself into when watching a lakorn and my fav lakorns have been the ones where I found the whole push/pull btw the couple interesting. I did enjoy the chemistry btw Mario and Yaya a lot and also I realized as I watched that it was I suspect strongly based on Paradise by Judith McNaught which I loved.
0 2
Replying to UltimateDramaQueen • Jan 27, 2024
Title King the Land
I was looking forward to this drama, it had all the elements I like. Male chases FL first, steamy scenes and no…
Agreed the chemistry fizzled and so did my interest bec there was no plot to hold on to.
1 0