Same. It's going to be over 8 more hours before I get any subtitles.
I love Sci-fi but not really any Korean shows per se. I know there's a few gems out there. I'm a big fan of The Expanse, Star Wars, Blade Runner movies, etc. My avatar is from an Expanse series character named Miller played by Thomas Jane.
Same. It's going to be over 8 more hours before I get any subtitles.
I started 6 Flying Dragons last night so I found my magic pill. Pretty impressive story and cast. That'll last me for a good portion of September. I know there's a sequel to it, but idk if I need to watch it or should. I don't want anything to affect my experience after 50 eps of 6FD. I think it was called Tree roots or something lol.
If it's a happy ending, it'll be the best I've seen, so far.
It's WELL worth it though. All you have to do is skip the last eps 17, because I had enough happy closure after eps 16 that I thought, wtf was eps 17 for lol. Seriously should watch it despite what I said. Didn't mean to spoil it.
Finally with English sub I saw it already without sub and I couldn’t understand anything. Gomawo!!! (at least…
Yeah I've picked up on some of the language myself over the last couple years. Once I find more subtitled content, I'll post since we have all this down time. I've asked MBC YouTube channel for subs, so maybe they've obliged. 🤷♂️🤞
Some behind the scenes of eps 5 and 6 with subtitles. Figured I'd post some content for the hell of it while waiting until tomorrow night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuWdXsLFYUM
I read that she's to be a Qing bounty hunter, but I doubt JH can or will be swayed that much in the end. Hell,…
In the description of the character of the bounty hunter it says she is a hunter that also has a good heart, and not purely evil like you'd expect some bounty hunters would probably be. I think GC already knows he's a womanizer, so he'll have to talk himself out of this one too. lol If the new character saves JH and returns him to GC, she'll end up grateful after he talks some sense into her -- once again. I don't think this thing will change the dynamic enough to change the story. Just my opinion.
Hate is such a strong word. Mabe sympathize with the victim instead (Korea). But to be fair Gorgeyo ( please forgive…
M.A.S.H. was a TV show in the 1970's and early 1980's that I watched as a kid. It depicted a US Army hospital unit near the frontlines of the Korean conflict. It had a lot of comedy, but it did have some dramatic scenes along with it. It starred Alan Alda as Hawkeye (DR Pierce). It was a hugely popular show back in the day, and the last episode after a 10 year run was the most watched episode in TV history.
I’m really curious about ML. I still haven’t cracked him just yet but I’m determined to understand more…
I know from watching so far, he has a lot of past experience in running a business, and knowledge and experience of military tactics, add to the fact he's a badass with a sword, and has a reputation in some other villages. His past does interest me, but idk if they have time to touch on it at this point. If it were a 40 or 50 eps drama, they could. I don't think I could handle that wait though, lmao. I kind of wish it was going to be 32 eps with 2 seasons of 16 eps. More content, the better.
If it's a happy ending, it'll be the best I've seen, so far.
Hard to say. The writer has us wrapped around her finger right now, which is brilliant, yet frustrating also haha. It's hard to predict anything from a dream sequence since it's not necessarily a true flashback of memory. I know I've had plenty of dreams that didn't make sense and the reality after I woke up was the complete opposite. Hard to say or predict right now. I'm holding out for a happy ending, because I can't be hurt anymore than after watching the Red Sleeve eps 17 😩
Hate is such a strong word. Mabe sympathize with the victim instead (Korea). But to be fair Gorgeyo ( please forgive…
Yeah until someone brought it up, I had forgotten the significance of those times. My only tv experience with the Korean War was watching Mash (tells ya how old I am lol). Anyway, it would be nice to have a modern adaptation of the conflict, but I'm not sure what else to say about it. I guess nobody wants to piss of NK right now. lol
Hate is such a strong word. Mabe sympathize with the victim instead (Korea). But to be fair Gorgeyo ( please forgive…
Its' all pretty crazy to think about. Hell, my grandfather fought in WW2 against Germany at Normandy and Battle of the Bulge, and after Germany surrendered, he was shipped off to China with a unit to run security detail along the border of China. Then, 5 years later came the Korean War, and he ended up fighting against the Chinese in some campaigns. I still find it bizarre to this day.
Chalk it up to Westeners wanting to control the narrative in EVERYTHING. Agreeing with booaugust, I searched using…
I was born and raised in the South and was for the Union the whole time. My hometown in Tennessee still has a 25 foot statue of a Union soldier in the middle of the city since most of the people there enlisted in the Union Army. It was literally brother vs brother, cousin, etc. Growing up, I never once believed slavery was the right thing, and it wasn't right in other cultures, even further back in history. Lot's of other's in my demographic feel the same way if they are good people. It's the rednecks and bigots that see it differently.
If it's a happy ending, it'll be the best I've seen, so far.
I'm watching 6 Flying Dragons in September while waiting on My Dearest to resume in mid-Oct or late Oct. I know Tree w/deep roots is somehow related, but idk if I'll get around to it.
In other words people expressing their opinion makes you sick, some people maybe are getting sick of your comment…
I know what you're saying and I agree on your response. I felt like doing it once or twice myself. I'm just happy this thread has been mostly civil, unlike other's on MDL. The positivity of this show's comment section is the only reason I've stayed around. Hell, on other show's I'd just say " Forget the negative comments and watch it yourself" and then I'm gone lol.
Agree. It's not exact. I think it's fine to have some similarities, especially when the damn movie was made in…
I watched it back when I was a kid and there weren't all the channels like we have today. I don't want to say how old I am, but it was a few decades ago haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuWdXsLFYUM