Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 2 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 9, 2023
Completed
A Stolen Life
0 people found this review helpful
Sep 1, 2026
72 of 72 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 3.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 6.0
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Meh

There was literally nothing that stood out about this show. It was filled with the same overused tropes, storylines, and even plotholes. The leads chemistry was meh and someone should explain to the costume director what a star of David is and why it is out of place on a random Chinese CEOs lapel. Overall my review is just meh.
Was this review helpful to you?
Aug 29, 2026
71 of 71 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 2.5
Acting/Cast 6.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 4.5
This review may contain spoilers

Meh I wasn't a fan of the ending

I've seen this one several times and the moment he gave her up to a man who was known for 🍇 of employees; he was done. He didnt deserve any more chances. If that wasn't bad enough he then humiliated her into a forced gynecological exam to make sure the situation he put her in did/didnt happen. Girl dont walk. Run. Also, just because he takes a knife for you doesn't make him indebted to you. Gasp.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Embrace You
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 27, 2026
100 of 100 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.0
Story 4.0
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Overwhelming

I have so many thoughts on this drama. They're jumbled, incoherent, and overwhelming. That pretty much sums up the plot here. It was like they started off the drama in one direction and then suddenly looked at the actor line up and tried to add as much as possible. Its a short drama. Pick one lane and stick to it. Make one good drama and focus on 1 plot line and at most 2 sub/side plotlines. Anything more is just overwhelming.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Echoes of Love
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 24, 2026
76 of 76 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 4.5
Rewatch Value 9.5
This review may contain spoilers

Rated S for Steamy Siwei

When I saw the cast lineup for this one, I clicked in immediately. And I am glad I did. It's a drug, inheritance/chaebol, love triangle drama that is as steamy as it is thrilling. While I wasn't entirely sure how the ML ended up with the FLs sister (I think part of the beginning was missing) it was a great premise. I wasnt sure who the real bad guy was until her sister commented on the ML. Kids are astute in a way adults are not so I switched (my ever switching) team back to Liang Siwei. Although to be honest I wasn't sure until the last possible moment which brother was the villian. However, if we're being honest neither of them are saints.
Rated S for Steamy Siwei.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Hide One's Love
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 22, 2026
100 of 100 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 2.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 4.5
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

TG for Chen Si's height. He needed it to carry this whole drama on his back

This drama had just about everything that could go wrong in a drama. The plot was trying to do too much and sadly did not achieve anything. Messy plot holes and sporadic character Growth aside, this was a dark and toxic story with a terrible ending. She forgave her repeated 🍇, mother's death, and the destruction of her life all because he prayed for her and her child that his subordinate killed? Nope. He should have stayed dead. Her mother's death was not caused by her ex in that one final moment; it was all the little moments made up by the ML. And will someone explain why everyone got to come back from the dead except her mom? Finally, was there even a point to the ex's death, rebirth, and then death again? Other than to stimulate the ML? No? I didn't think so either. Do better writers.
Ironically, Chen Si carried this entire drama on his own despite having such a deplorable character to play.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Heroine
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 22, 2026
61 of 61 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 4.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

This show had potential but it fell flat

I'm unsure if they spent too long having her run around after her ex or they had too many plotlines but the ending of this show left me with the feeling of a slowly deflating balloon. You know, that have whine noise that it lets out as it slowly deflates and grasps to keep some of the air inside but... it can't. That was the ending of this drama. They missed the target for romance because the theme was the FL being a bada$$. I can get behind that but the point was she was trying to avenge her fallen soldiers and get her sister back. Seeing as the sixth prince died in martydom and it never confirmed a reunion with her sister both of the main triggers for her chaos/revenge fell flat.
It was a good attempt and I would like to see these 2 leads work together again as they had much potential. The writers? Not so much.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Wo Jia Qing Qing Shi Tai Zi
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 22, 2026
81 of 81 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers

Good but felt like not everything was wrapped up at the end

This is the second pairing I have watched with these leads and I really like their chemistry. This specific drama capitalized on their playful banter as well as intense chemistry. Ehhem... apparently hot springs are not just medicinal... But overall the plot was pretty standard and the ex husbands family really didnt get what they deserved. Although, he did commit treason so nine clans would have been eradicated but that wasnt shown in the show. I'm also wondering about the neice of the Empress and how the Empress was able to hold her position if they were both relatives of a "disgraced" official. Overall, a cute light show although I do feel like it was missing something that set it apart from all the other similar plots.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Longing for the Midsummer Days
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 21, 2026
87 of 87 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

Best Version of "Puppy Love"

Fluffy and sweet the two main leads pulled off the best version of "puppy love" I have seen in a chinese vertical drama. The story centers around a boy who falls in love with a girl during high school. Despite him being an elite and in an entirely different social and economic class he blows up a lab and gets kicked out of school so he can transfer to her school. He spends their junior year of high school being desk mates working up the courage to ask her out. Only to leave a letter in a book that she never saw. three years later he's about to list a company and she's still in university. He starts to actively pursue her while also discreetly helping her. honestly it's refreshing charming and sweet. (and also apparently 1 of 8 adaptations of a novel. )

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Shi Chong
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 21, 2026
87 of 87 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 4.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 3.5
Rewatch Value 4.0
This review may contain spoilers

No. He needs a Therapist and She Needs Space

I get that he was angry that she got into an "accident" and he has trouble walking (mind you he could just go for treatment) but the whole "revenge and then I am mad at you for making me like you," arc is kinda lame. Her taking him back knowing all that he did is worse. I like that the parents weren't some magical ceo who fixed all of her problems. This is likely how the story would have ended in real life.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Legend of Zhuohua
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 4.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 5.5
Music 3.0
Rewatch Value 2.0
This review may contain spoilers
I happen to not like either of these leads not because they don't act well but because of the *types* of projects they choose. The FL has some of the most memorable and heartbreaking chinese drama scenes. And yet, I couldn't finish this. I gave the series a go two times and dropped it both times. Maybe time and decreasing brain cells will allow me to try for a third time.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love between Fairy and Devil
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
36 of 36 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 2.5
Rewatch Value 3.0
This review may contain spoilers

I Tried I really did

Okay, so i tried to give this another eshot. THat would be my third run at this show. I kind of enjoyed it I think. But honestly, the annoying character portrayed my the female leads just gives me hives. At least I know enough of the plotline to forward the extremely annoying parts. very very rarely do I abandon a drama. I can count it on one hand and I had to abandon this one. the writing was great however the main female lead Esther Yu was absolutely horrific. Originally, I thought it was a cultural thing to be annoying/cutesy and act childlike and then I looked at other of her works and realized the fault was all on her acting. honestly, I don't know how she got cast in anything ever again after My Amazing Boyfriend. I genuinely regret the casting choice as everyone else was doing a great job. I stuck it out for 22 out of the 36 episodes and then out of concern for the safety of my TV, I put the remote down and ate a cookie. I would suggest the same.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Ye Se Ji Qing Ren
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
120 of 120 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 2.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

Great Acting with an Overused Storyline

The utter heartbreak the ML goes through when he thinks she died in childbirth was so real you felt it through the screen, across continents and languages barriers, and then sitting home on your couch. It almost made up for his immature (bc it was) comment about her that caused them to breakup. I am proud of her for sending everything back and decisively leaving someone who acted in love with her but spoke badly about her to his friends. This is a strong character and one that was able to rebuild herself. I wonder if they had stayed together if they would have been able to save her other child. Possibly, money tends to open closed doors. Brownie points for the ride or die BF and her mom. Bonus points for his best friend for not giving a hoot about HIPPA. (do they have hippa in china?)

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Aug 20, 2026
64 of 64 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 4.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

Bad Directing?

I have watched many— too many versions of this plot. This one does not have a leading couple with good chemistry. I would go as far as to say they barely haf any chemistry at all. Honestly, the hate she feels for her brother towards the end has better chemistry than the leads the whole show. Individually, the leads are good actors but i didnt feel as if they acted well together.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Chang'an Youth
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 4.5
Rewatch Value 5.0
This review may contain spoilers

The End was Rushed but Overall Interesting

Changan Youth follows a loveable girl disguised as a boy in the classic sneak into a men's school trope. The supporting cast added a lot to the storyline and overall it was enjoyable. The prince was cute and while I enjoyed the show it was missing just a little bit of something and the end felt a bit underwhelming and rushed.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Cinderella Chef
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
56 of 56 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 4.5
Acting/Cast 6.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 2.0
This review may contain spoilers
It started off great but then they dragged it on too long. 56 episodes are great if you have a solid story line and I feel like they just dragged it out. The outfits were kinda confusing like the costume director wanted to have a passion project and merged modern day clothes with historical era clothes. In ended up feeling confusing especially because no one would have worn clothes like that during that period. Overall, I feel like it was made on the left of a vertical short and not a full-length drama.
Was this review helpful to you?