Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 hours ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Singapore . Manila . Los Angeles
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 19, 2025
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award4

jeoneungd

Singapore . Manila . Los Angeles
Completed
Your Name Engraved Herein
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 21, 2025
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

A roller coaster of emotions beautifully crafted

Based on the director’s own life growing up closeted though has been done many times but this one I believe is the best one. For those of us who grew up during times in Asia where loving another of the same sex was taboo this one really hit hard. I felt like it was my story when I was a teenager. It made me go through that roller coaster of emotions, the happy times, the painful goodbyes, and the haunting music that lives with you forever. And yes when you meet later in life that friendship never changes, the bond losses a lifetime even when your both pulled apart. Your first love can be your last even later in life. The cinematography was beautiful, acting was incredible, you forget it’s a BL and more focused on the development of their friendship. Just like the priest was a pivotal role in Les Miserables (if you read the book) here the priest was also pivotal. Growing up catholic you carry that guilt and a healthy discussion and argument with God as well. When I want to feel good about myself and my past I would rewatch this movie. And reach out to an old friend just to say hello, how are you? Because til now his name is engraved in my heart.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Seven Relics of Ill Omen
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 21, 2025
32 of 32 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.0

Dynamic storyline keep it interesting

I find Chinese dramas can be so long I would skip some episodes but this show kept me interested. 32 episodes is just right in my humble opinion. It detailed each character and spent a little more history shot their value in the relationships of the main characters. Each story was unique which kept me interested. Just the right amount of comedy relief but avoided making the show mediocre. I enjoyed their acting except for some villains were a little far off. Overall a great show.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Summertime
1 people found this review helpful
15 days ago
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 9.5

It all began that summer of our youth…

Except for a typhoon, I do not think anything can be more intense than raging high school hormones. Summertime understood that from its very first episode. The sexual fantasies, the bathroom stall kisses, the stolen moments, the fireworks on New Year’s Eve…this is the messy, exciting age when friendship, desire, and fear all arrive at the same time. It felt like a Korean BL version of Secret Lover, with enough chemistry and sexual tension to pull me in immediately.

At its heart, this was always a childhood friends becoming lovers story. Eun Ho and Do Hyeon have known each other so long that their closeness feels like family, which makes the change between them even more complicated. The arrival of the openly gay third wheel was a good catalyst. He did not simply create a love triangle…he exposed what Do Hyeon had been trying so hard to suppress. The hot dog jokes and all the provocative NC scenes may have been visually exciting, but they worked because there was real emotional tension underneath.

Do Hyeon knew exactly what he wanted. He had the patience, the possessiveness, and apparently enough serious heat to keep Eun Ho constantly on edge. Yet beneath all that physical intensity was a boy who had spent years hiding the one thing he could not control…his heart. Eun Ho may have been the one slowly discovering his feelings, but Do Hyeon had been waiting for him all along. At times it did feel like Eun Ho was doing all the emotional running while Do Hyeon pulled him close and kept him guessing. I kept waiting for him to push back, not merely physically, but with honesty.

The finale brought us back to high school through that dream. At first I wondered what the writer was thinking…after all that separation, growth, and finally finding their way back to each other, why return to the beginning? But perhaps that was the point. The dream was not a reset. It was Eun Ho looking back at the summer when everything changed, now finally understanding what all those glances, jealousies, kisses, and fireworks really meant.

The beauty of Summertime is realizing that love had been staring at Eun Ho all this time. Their friendship did not disappear when love arrived. It simply became something neither of them could hide from anymore.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Ongoing 12/40
The Journey of Legend
36 people found this review helpful
Sep 14, 2025
12 of 40 episodes seen
Ongoing 0
Overall 2.5
Story 2.0
Acting/Cast 1.0
Music 4.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

It’s been a rough journey so far

I’m currently on episode 12 and really wanted to give this drama a fair chance. I’ve seen Cheng Yi in other works before—while I wouldn’t say I’m a fan with a bias, I was open to seeing how he would carry this story. Unfortunately, I’ve had several issues so far:
• Too many characters, too little clarity. The sheer number of characters makes the story feel distorted and hard to follow. Perhaps the novel provides more context, but on screen, the narrative doesn’t flow smoothly.
• Cheng Yi’s acting. His performance feels very monotonous. Maybe his character was written to have a flat affect, but aside from one emotional scene after a friend’s death (which still came across unconvincingly), his delivery lacks depth. I know he’s capable of better.
• CGI overload. The excessive use of CGI in fight scenes is distracting—especially in the era of 4K where the flaws become so obvious. Tom Cruise once said he refused CGI in Top Gun to keep the experience authentic, and I think that resonates here. Perhaps I’ve just hit my limit with the overuse of CGI in C-dramas.

That said, I’ll continue watching in hopes that the series redeems itself. Right now, though, I’m also watching Spirealm, which is far superior in quality, making the flaws here stand out even more. It leaves me with the same feeling I had watching Shadow Love—great actors stuck in mediocre shows

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Double Helix
2 people found this review helpful
Jun 5, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 10

two lives intertwined

“Like the strands of a double helix, love and hatred twist around each other, separate, yet forever connected.”

The relationship between Lu Feng and Yi Chen is much like a double helix, two lives intertwined, pulled apart by circumstance, yet drawn back together by forces neither can fully escape. Like opposite ions attracted to one another, love becomes the invisible force binding them together. Yet as the series shows, that force can be both beautiful and destructive, carrying them deeper into an emotional abyss.

Domination reveals itself in many forms. It can be exercised through physical power, but often its strongest expression comes through emotion. The series explores how control can disguise itself as love, blurring the boundaries between devotion and possession. Much like Stockholm syndrome, one can become attached to the very force that confines them.

This is not a series for those easily offended, nor for viewers who may find its themes personally triggering. Both protagonists carry deep anger and resentment, but each manifests those wounds differently. The story walks a delicate line between obsession and affection, reminding us how fragile love can be. In the end, it suggests that love and hatred are not opposites at all, but emotions separated by only the thinnest of boundaries.

The series gets heavy and dark, emotionally intense, with superb acting that I forget it’s a BL. Just like “Gone Girl” where it explores manipulation, obsession, and the power dynamics within a relationship.


Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Ongoing 7/9
Your Sky: Hare no Chi Koi
1 people found this review helpful
25 days ago
7 of 9 episodes seen
Ongoing 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 4.5

This series is undercooked and bland

I’m usually a big fan of Japanese BL because of its creative writing and its ability to say so much with very little. But when you adapt a much longer Thai BL and reduce the running time by more than half, something is inevitably going to get lost. By Episode 7, I think I know what got lost here…the emotional connection.

The leads are handsome and individually they seem perfectly suited for their roles, but together I just don’t feel that chemistry. When they look at each other, I want to feel that little spark…the hesitation, longing, awkwardness, something. Instead, I’m watching two actors playing a romance rather than two characters slowly realizing they’ve fallen for each other. I’ve seen plenty of straight actors play gay roles so convincingly that one glance can say more than an entire scene. Here, those looks just aren’t speaking to me.

And strangely, despite being a much shorter adaptation, the middle still dragged. The endless flashbacks certainly didn’t help. Enough already! When you’ve cut the original story this drastically, every minute becomes precious. I don’t need another reminder of something I watched twenty minutes ago…I need those minutes developing the characters and relationships happening now.

Which brings me to the biggest question after Episode 7: how are they possibly going to fit everybody else in?

There are other characters with relationships that are only beginning to bud, yet they’re treated like side dishes at a Korean BBQ…a little banchan here, another little taste there, and just when I’m interested, someone takes the plate away. These relationships need time to simmer too. If you’re going to keep them from the Thai original, then give them enough room to matter. Otherwise, why put them on the table at all?

I love a good push-and-pull romance. The uncertainty is half the fun. But Your Sky: Hare nochi Koi has felt less like push-and-pull and more like push…and keep pushing away. Seven episodes in, I should be aching for Sora and Hinata to finally get together. Instead, I’m still waiting for their romance to convince me that they should.

Then we have an antagonist whose behavior has been pushed into such ridiculous territory that instead of creating tension, he simply irritates me. A good antagonist should make me fear what he might do next. This one makes me wonder why everyone around him hasn’t figured out how stupid his behavior is already.

And yes…I appreciated Thomas and Kong appearing for their little 15-second cameo at the end. Cute. A nice wink to those of us who know and enjoyed the Thai version. But let’s be serious…Thomas and Kong showing up for 15 seconds isn’t going to save this sinking boat.

The ingredients for a wonderful Japanese BL are all here…fake dating, friendship turning into love, jealousy, side couples, family, handsome leads and that delicious push-and-pull. The problem is we’re already at Episode 7 and there are still too many ingredients sitting on the kitchen counter. Someone needs to start cooking or get the hell out of the kitchen.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Fate Chooses You
1 people found this review helpful
May 20, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 3.5
Story 3.0
Acting/Cast 5.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

it’s flat and dry like an iron

Allen Ren, for me, is always hit or miss. I enjoyed the two-part series One and Only and Forever and Ever. Like Cheng Yi, Allen has this semi-dry screen presence, a subtle in expression, reserved in behavior and yet when you see him perform on stage singing and dancing, he’s absolutely on fire. It’s almost like watching two completely different people.

Fate Chooses You is a very slow-burning love story, typical of many Chinese dramas that start strong but become poorly written as they struggle to sustain their own cadence. Too many ingredients spoiled the soup. There were simply too many characters, too many side stories, and not enough emotional payoff.

The chemistry between the leads felt intentionally restrained, but unfortunately restraint without spark just becomes emotional flatness. At times, it felt like a modern Don Quixote story, a man trying to save and change the world while chasing ideals larger than himself. The problem is that this could have easily been told in 16 episodes instead of stretching itself into confusion.

And yet, like every hopeful viewer, I kept watching, hoping the story would improve rather than become more tangled.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Moving
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 25, 2026
20 of 20 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 10

When Heroes become humans

I just rewatched this gem of a series. When I get bored with other shows, I tend to return to the ones that are worth rewatching, and Moving is definitely one of them. In some ways, it reminds me of Heroes, but with a much stronger human component.

At its core, it’s the story of three teenagers who discover that they have superpowers. But despite their extraordinary abilities, they’re still teenagers dealing with hormones, first love, insecurity, friendship, family expectations and all the awkwardness that comes with growing up. That’s what makes them so relatable. Their powers are extraordinary; their problems are completely ordinary.

Behind that coming-of-age story, however, is a much darker and more sinister plot involving the conflict between North and South Korea. And surrounding the young protagonists is an ensemble of seasoned adult actors, many of whom possess their own extraordinary abilities, from flight and super strength to seemingly miraculous healing.

What I think Moving does better than many superhero stories is make the powers secondary to the people who possess them. This is what I sometimes feel Marvel’s X-Men stories lack: the emphasis on the familial relationship and the consequences that come with it. In Moving, superheroes make mistakes, parents make sacrifices, and those mistakes can have devastating consequences, not just for the heroes themselves, but for the people they love.

And perhaps that’s why this series is so rewatchable. Beneath all the superpowers, government conspiracies and action sequences, Moving is really a story about parents trying to protect their children from the world they themselves once survived, and children discovering that their parents are far more extraordinary than they ever realized.

The superpowers may make them special, but it’s their humanity that makes Moving extraordinary.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My School President
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 23, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 10
Rewatch Value 9.0

The songs did it for me

A much younger Fourth and Gemini and their first full series deserves all the recognition. The chemistry is through the roof and the ensemble of artists, though young truly shined. But for me, it’s the music. The Songs. It’s so memorable it’s on my favorite list and I still listen to it now. The song between the mother and son, the words, all who sang in it is so beautiful I even memorized the words. Very few shows has that effect on me but the poignant words about his loss and his fathers dreams and mothers love.

This can never be replicated by Gemini and Fourth because people change when fame hits them. It’s all now about fanship, not about their young dreams and aspirations reflected so clearly I could see them by the two actors in the prime of their youth.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Guardian: The Lonely and Great God
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 9, 2026
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

the GOAT

When I watched this for the first time it was released that opening scene blew me away. was I watching a Japanese movie by Kurosawa? the cinematography was way ahead of its time, the scenery in Quebec made so many people visit the location, and the music. The OST is the GOAT! It may have been copied but never overshadowed. it’s one of the series I do rewatch just to reminisce.

The acting and the romance wants to pull you into their story, though one thinks how a Goblin could truly fall in love with a mortal being but the romance blooms. And the supporting actors played their roles so well I never looked at death the same way.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Fake Fact Lips
0 people found this review helpful
Jun 22, 2026
9 of 9 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 10
Rewatch Value 9.0

a breath of fresh BL air

This Japanese BL drama is exactly the kind of comfort watch that leaves you smiling long after the credits roll. It strikes a perfect balance between sweetness and emotional tension, making every episode easy to enjoy while still keeping you invested in the characters.

What makes the series work so well is the chemistry between Ryo and Zen. Their relationship develops through subtle glances, playful rivalry, and unspoken feelings, allowing the attraction to grow naturally rather than being forced. The inner conflict between the two characters and their agony of confessing their love through the years. The story takes familiar romantic tropes and presents them with the understated charm that Japanese dramas often do best.

The blend of lighthearted humor and heartfelt drama kept me hooked from beginning to end. Watching their feelings evolve from their high school days into something deeper creates many genuinely giddy moments that pull you into their world. The romance feels sincere, and the kisses are beautifully executed—not staged for fan service, but filled with tenderness and believable emotion.

The performances are another highlight. Both actors bring warmth and authenticity to their roles, making it easy to root for them as individuals and as a couple. Their chemistry elevates every scene they share.

Fake Fact Lips is one of those rare series I would happily rewatch. Like Revenge Love, its charm lies in telling a complete story in a single season. Rather than stretching the magic across multiple projects, it leaves behind a memorable romance that feels complete, heartfelt, and worth revisiting.

And the theme song “Dareyori Sukinanoni” sang by the lead actors Kaito Hori and Yusuke Sato is pure golden it’s on my playlist. Depicting the agonizing inner conflict loving and losing a good friend when he confesses his

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Eighth Sense
0 people found this review helpful
Mar 25, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

worth every second to watch

I’ve reached a point where I’ve watched enough BL that finishing a series now requires something more, something meaningful. Not just chemistry, not just fan service, but a reason to invest my time.

The Eighth Sense is one of those rare shows that understands relationships beyond labels. Whether straight or gay, it explores how people grow into each other, how timing, emotional baggage, and self-awareness shape connection. It reminds us that relationships aren’t just about romance; they’re about helping each other carry the weight we bring with us.

This isn’t a show driven by “shipping” or exaggerated chemistry. It simply is. And if you know, you know.

Beautifully written and acted, it avoids unnecessary hype and instead leans into quiet authenticity. There’s restraint here—less about tension, more about truth. It’s about finding the right person at the right time and having the courage to hold on.

At its core, it’s about shedding the masks we wear…peeling back the layers to reveal who we really are. And in that process, discovering ourselves through someone else.

I’ve grown a bit weary of many Thai BLs lately, searching for stories with depth. I’ve started finding that in Korean, Japanese, and some Taiwanese series and I’m glad this search led me here.

I may be late to The Eighth Sense, but in my search for something real, I’m grateful I found it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Secret Lover
0 people found this review helpful
Sep 17, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

When chemistry meets electricity

That opening scene jump started the whole series. It grabbed me and got me excited until the end. I truly enjoy the focus on both ML, including the child actors.

This s a RomCom at a higher level. Most BL series tend to add too many distractions with your typical highs and lows. Secret Lover is truly about deep friendship, it’s light-hearted and if you want a feel good show, this is highly recommended.

The chemistry of the MLnis just electric. I mean, every stare, every touch and every kiss can be felt. It’s like bein fb in the room with them. You just froze and kept asking yourself did that really happen. I wouldn’t be surprise if they’re dating for real because they might as well, they’re perfect for each other. And our young Junxi and Atuo were perfectly casted for their roles, as little actors their performances were incredible. Even the sexier scenes were beautifully crafted, enough to get you excited for both of them. The kiss, oh those kisses that came naturally. This is not a BL story, this is love and friendship.

And that music. I had to download the OST so I can listen while walking and driving, and imagine the two of them together.

Like Revenged Love, I will kiss them both and yet I am glad to have two beautiful RomCom series I can enjoy rewatching for years.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Guardians of the Dafeng
0 people found this review helpful
Sep 10, 2025
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 10

Suddenly I’m a fan of Dylan Wang!

I’m usually not a big fan of dramedies since I often struggle to catch their rhythm, but Guardians of Dafeng completely won me over. Dylan Wang was perfect for his role—his performance was not only beautifully acted but also full of charm. He made me laugh, get excited, and even feel sad, blending emotions seamlessly.

What really impressed me was the comedic timing. Too often in Chinese dramas, humor feels forced or added just for the sake of being funny. Here, it felt natural and well-placed—funny when it needed to be, without breaking the flow of the story.

Of course, it isn’t flawless. With so many characters, there simply wasn’t enough time to fully develop them. The current limit of 40 episodes also meant the ending felt rushed, condensed into a short narrative. Ironically, I used to dislike the very long Chinese dramas, but once I got used to how they take time to expand characters, I now sometimes find Korean dramas with only 12–16 episodes lacking.

That said, the CGI was top-notch, and the overall production quality was amazing. The ending left me hanging with a sense of unfinished business, but I also appreciated the hopeful, positive note it closed on. Clearly, the door was left open for a Season 2—and I’ll be eagerly waiting for it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
High School Frenemy
0 people found this review helpful
Aug 15, 2025
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 9.0

Intense and raw emotions, get ready for the roller coaster ride

As I started watching High School Frenemy, I was surprised to learn it’s a GMMTV production. Other than the two leading men, nothing about it felt like a typical BL series. Much like Weak Hero, this is a story rooted in deep friendship. What sets it apart is the undeniable chemistry between the main leads—those moments when conversation, body language, and even silence go beyond acting. A glance, a subtle gesture, the quiet between words—these aren’t scripted; they’re the natural, magnetic pull between two people, like opposing ions drawn together.

Sky and Nani deliver such powerful performances that I found myself completely absorbed in their painful truths and raw emotions. There are no NC-17 scenes, no kissing, no unnecessary touching—yet the empathy and connection they share is so palpable it lingers with you.

It makes me wonder—why doesn’t GMMTV produce more high-quality, adult-focused series like this instead of relying on the usual teenybopper tearjerkers?

This drama has made me a true fan of Sky and Nani as a team. I can only imagine the sparks if they reunited in an action series. I want to see how far their skills—and their chemistry—can go

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?