Gurl im rewatching too because I have no one to talk to about this show 😭😭😭
Same same. I have so many good things to say about FL ❤️ I loved her character development so much. And I agree, they had a healthy relationship and I can feel their chemistry. They didn’t need to kiss or anything, no need for the famous bathtub scene that almost all cdrama use 😆 all they needed was the “let me be your eyes!” during the archery and I was already smiling from ear to ear, about to cry because it was so touching
Jiayu’s Journey to Moving On From Mao in Jujube’s Eyes Version: Sometimes actions speak louder than words…1.…
Yes, Jiayu herself started questioning it too when He Yuanji told her about the difference between close friendship vs being a couple/in love. You could see in Jiayu’s expression that it seemed like she had no idea what even the difference was, which is understandable for her supposed age in the show. And based on that line from yuanji, being a couple/in love was so jiayu/wuyi coded considering they shared happiness and sorrow together instead of just happiness (which i think thats what she thought love is… when love is more than that)
I’m on episode 23, and I can feel the chemistry between them, which I like. I also like both of the main leads.…
Jiayu’s Journey to Moving On From Mao in Jujube’s Eyes Version:
Sometimes actions speak louder than words…
1. She may have said “A’mao, A’mao,” but notice how even when she’s with A’mao, it somehow becomes “Wuyi this, Wuyi that.” 😆 That’s often how unspoken feelings reveal themselves. A person can insist they don’t feel anything, but their conversations and actions naturally keep returning to the person who has captured their attention. For example, when Jiayu and A’mao were hanging whatever they were hanging (I forgot what it was called) on the tree, her thoughts and conversations kept circling back to Wuyi (she worried he would get hurt if he saw those tablets of Wuyi’s other wives loving other men). Another telling moment was when she talked to A’mao about the sword she wanted to make for Wuyi. And no matter how many times A’mao tried to discourage Jiayu about Wuyi, Jiayu insisted that whatever Wuyi was doing was right.
2. She worries about Wuyi’s injuries before anyone asks her to, and she understands him in ways he never has to explain.One of the clearest examples is when Wuyi lost his eyesight. When the soldiers were approaching, Jiayu immediately understood the situation—not because Wuyi told her what he wanted, but because she knew him well enough to realize that he would not want others to see him in a vulnerable state. Before he even had to ask, she acted quickly to protect his dignity and hide his weakness from the people around him. That moment is significant because she wasn't just concerned about his injury; she was concerned about how he would feel about it. She cared about his pride, his emotions, and the burden he carried as a general. Her instinct was not to pity him, but to stand beside him and support him in the way he needed. Her words, “Let me be your eyes,” are powerful because they show the depth of her care. She wasn't simply offering physical help—she was offering herself as someone he could rely on when he felt most vulnerable. She became his support without making him feel weak. Would someone do that for a person they felt nothing for? Maybe a loyal friend or comrade could show concern, but Jiayu's actions go beyond ordinary duty.
3. She watches him when he isn't looking. One of the most telling signs of Jiayu's feelings is found in the quiet moments where she doesn't say anything at all. For example, when it was raining and she dropped her shoes, Wuyi carried her, and Jiayu simply looked at him in silence. She didn't thank him with a grand speech or openly express what she was feeling, but her eyes revealed her emotions. Even after he walked away, she continued watching him, as if she was reluctant to let the moment end 👀. Girl that’s how I look at my forbidden crush.
4. She instinctively reacts to his safety. When the madman attacked Wuyi, Jiayu's composure immediately gave way to panic. She anxiously called out his name, unable to hide her fear. The moment Wuyi defeated his opponent and was no longer in danger, the tension left her body, and she let out a quiet sigh of relief. Her emotions rose and fell with his safety—a subtle sign that he had become personally important to her.
5. She does thoughtful things for him without expecting anything in return. One example is when Jiayu made a sword for Wuyi and even learned to make refined iron to ensure the sword is better than Eagle King’s. It isn't part of a military order or a political obligation, nor does it benefit her position. She simply wants him to have a weapon worthy of him and one that can better protect him on the battlefield. The gesture is practical, but it's also deeply personal. People don't usually spend time and effort choosing or making a weapon for someone unless that person's well-being matters to them. It's her way of caring for Wuyi without ever having to say the words.
6. One of the earliest signs that Jiayu is beginning to care about Wuyi is how she instinctively explains herself to him. No one asks her to, and she has no obligation to justify her actions, yet she does anyway—as though she doesn't want him to misunderstand her or think poorly of her. It's such an unusual change that even Wuyi notices it. With a teasing smile, he asks, "Are you explaining to me right now?". That moment is subtle, but it's often how feelings begin in real life. Before someone realizes they're in love, they often start caring about one person's opinion more than anyone else's.
7. Another subtle moment comes when Jiayu is unable to sleep before she is supposed to leave and travel with her mother. She appears distracted and unusually hesitant about the journey, as though something is weighing heavily on her mind. The drama never outright says what she's thinking, but the timing invites the audience to wonder whether Wuyi has become part of the reason for her reluctance. What's especially telling is her mother's reaction. Instead of asking about the trip itself or any practical concerns, she asks, "What do you think about Wuyi?" That question suggests her mother has noticed a change in Jiayu's behavior and suspects that Wuyi may be the source of her inner conflict. Parents in dramas often recognize feelings before their children do, and this scene fits that pattern
A fair interpretation is that Jiayu doesn't seem to realize her feelings at first. They appear to grow naturally from admiration for Wuyi's character, loyalty, integrity, and his dreams for Southern Ye. The drama conveys this mostly through her concern and quiet support (such as making a sword for him) rather than overt romantic gestures.
I’m not charging at you lol. I’m just sharing. I actually get your concern. Some people believe words are the best way to express love, while others believe actions speak louder. I used to be former, but growing up, I found myself believing that actions do speak louder than words. 😂
This is KTTPH: The villain will always be the villain, if the hero tells the story. Every scar has two sides of pain, one gets sympathy, and one gets blame. The world believes the loudest voice, not the soul left with out a choice. Truth often hides behind the glory, because history is written by the one who tells the story.
I CRIED!!!! It was so damn beautiful. From the last 4 episodes up to grand finale, I just couldn’t help but…
And then there’s Xie Jiayu… though young, I found her to be the most mature FL that I have ever watched in a long time. She was understanding, smart, and she saw right through Wuyi… she knew what he wanted. She wasn’t selfish. She never stopped him from going to war. She supported him in her own ways instead, and believed he would return to her safe. She said she wanted to walk the same path as him, together, until the end, and she kept that promise.
I wanna add the difference between Jiayu’s old feelings for Mao vs her feelings for Wuyi. She started questioning her feelings for Mao because she could never tell what he truly wanted, Mao only did whatever she wanted. He followed her blindly. But Wuyi, oh Wuyi. She knew what WUYI wanted. Sure, Wuyi wanted her… but more than that, he wanted peace in their country, and not once did he waver. And Jiayu understood him, believed in him, loved him for all that he is. For all that he believed in. She stayed by his side, and promised to join him in life and death. The thought of it is so sad and beautiful at the same time. What am I gonna do now?
Here’s my final thoughts on the grand finale ❤️❤️ ➡️https://kisskh.at/profile/jujube123/review/588028
I CRIED!!!! It was so damn beautiful. From the last 4 episodes up to grand finale, I just couldn’t help but cry. Let me tell you this, I’ve never seen such a satisfying finale in chinese drama until KTTPh. Actually, even from a kdrama. I just know KTTPh finale is an ending that I will always remember. My heart will always cry about it.
It wasn’t until episode 26 that I realized what ending I really wanted for Wuyi, who deserved the world. And then episode 28 came, and I was so happy that he got that ending. For me, this ending was fitting. Xie Jiayu once said, “But even if you broke your promise, I will still forgive you. You had such a hard, tiring life. I won’t blame you for wanting to rest early.” This broke my heart into pieces because girl, I agree. XWY started fighting in war since he was a little kid instead of crushing on another little girl or playing with other kids like we all did. He was tired. He was so so tired, and for a few days, I was so mad at myself for even wanting him to just take the throne. When he returned the life saving pill to Jiayu in secret, my heart broke. He was ready to die for his country. No matter how much he loved Jiayu, in the end he still chose to protect his country than chase his own happiness. Until the end, Xiao Wuyi’s goal remained consistent. From episode 1 til his last battle, he fought for peace. For me, he wasn’t a fool. He was a hero. A true hero who never asked for anything in return. Xiao Wuyi deserved better, and in the end, he got it. ❤️ The sword, the ribbon, the drumming… all so meaningful and put together so well to create the most beautiful ending.
Xiao Wuyi and Xie Jiayu, my heart cries for you. And I am crying while typing this.
The script overall was beautiful. There were so many lessons to learn. When Xiao Wuyi said “No one is born a coward—they simply got used to bowing their head. Sometimes someone has to show them courage” (Not sure about the exact words, but it went like that okay!), and Xie Jiayu showed that courage to the slaves even without Wuyi, I was so proud of her.
Yes, the politics regarding war can get complicated, but I don’t think it’s the drama’s fault this time. It’s because I don’t follow politics or war news in real life, so I have no idea how war or even politics works. But for the most part, I understood it. And I understand why there had to be sacrifices in the end. Generals, emperors, commanders, even presidents of today’s era all have to make tough decisions for the greater good. And not everyone is going to like it, but that’s just reality.
One thing I want to clear with everyone: Since Xiao Wuyi lost his memories, he also lost his martial arts skills for ‘now’. Yizhi did mention that Wuyi just woke up three months ago, and he made him wear a mask to protect him from possible spies at least until Wuyi can remember everything and be able to protect himself. That means Wuyi can still relearn his martial arts, as soon as he is healed enough to start moving again.
I’m listening to this new hmh song on repeat while writing a fanfic of him… I think it’s how can i? Not sure it’s in chinese on spotify lol. But it’s sooo good. Idk, i can imagine it as an OST in meteor garden or playful kiss or some high school drama! When will he be in a modern drama with his own song like this? Wheeeeennnnn. I’m feeling impatient.
on fl side, it was temporary. they dont really see each other much because sml is stuck in the palace and the…
Np! What ep are u in? It shows quite early that it doesnt affect FL because theyre all friends. the other two wives are not really wuyi’s ‘wives’ either. They both have someone else they love. Wuyi just gave them shelter. I’m such a spoiler. Imma shut up now. Bye
Aimi crying while watching KTTPH 💔 She’s so precious. HMH too. And yet some people who don’t know what they went through just kept charging and hating on them.
Sometimes actions speak louder than words…
1. She may have said “A’mao, A’mao,” but notice how even when she’s with A’mao, it somehow becomes “Wuyi this, Wuyi that.” 😆 That’s often how unspoken feelings reveal themselves. A person can insist they don’t feel anything, but their conversations and actions naturally keep returning to the person who has captured their attention.
For example, when Jiayu and A’mao were hanging whatever they were hanging (I forgot what it was called) on the tree, her thoughts and conversations kept circling back to Wuyi (she worried he would get hurt if he saw those tablets of Wuyi’s other wives loving other men). Another telling moment was when she talked to A’mao about the sword she wanted to make for Wuyi. And no matter how many times A’mao tried to discourage Jiayu about Wuyi, Jiayu insisted that whatever Wuyi was doing was right.
2. She worries about Wuyi’s injuries before anyone asks her to, and she understands him in ways he never has to explain.One of the clearest examples is when Wuyi lost his eyesight. When the soldiers were approaching, Jiayu immediately understood the situation—not because Wuyi told her what he wanted, but because she knew him well enough to realize that he would not want others to see him in a vulnerable state. Before he even had to ask, she acted quickly to protect his dignity and hide his weakness from the people around him. That moment is significant because she wasn't just concerned about his injury; she was concerned about how he would feel about it. She cared about his pride, his emotions, and the burden he carried as a general. Her instinct was not to pity him, but to stand beside him and support him in the way he needed. Her words, “Let me be your eyes,” are powerful because they show the depth of her care. She wasn't simply offering physical help—she was offering herself as someone he could rely on when he felt most vulnerable. She became his support without making him feel weak. Would someone do that for a person they felt nothing for? Maybe a loyal friend or comrade could show concern, but Jiayu's actions go beyond ordinary duty.
3. She watches him when he isn't looking. One of the most telling signs of Jiayu's feelings is found in the quiet moments where she doesn't say anything at all. For example, when it was raining and she dropped her shoes, Wuyi carried her, and Jiayu simply looked at him in silence. She didn't thank him with a grand speech or openly express what she was feeling, but her eyes revealed her emotions. Even after he walked away, she continued watching him, as if she was reluctant to let the moment end 👀. Girl that’s how I look at my forbidden crush.
4. She instinctively reacts to his safety. When the madman attacked Wuyi, Jiayu's composure immediately gave way to panic. She anxiously called out his name, unable to hide her fear. The moment Wuyi defeated his opponent and was no longer in danger, the tension left her body, and she let out a quiet sigh of relief. Her emotions rose and fell with his safety—a subtle sign that he had become personally important to her.
5. She does thoughtful things for him without expecting anything in return. One example is when Jiayu made a sword for Wuyi and even learned to make refined iron to ensure the sword is better than Eagle King’s. It isn't part of a military order or a political obligation, nor does it benefit her position. She simply wants him to have a weapon worthy of him and one that can better protect him on the battlefield. The gesture is practical, but it's also deeply personal. People don't usually spend time and effort choosing or making a weapon for someone unless that person's well-being matters to them. It's her way of caring for Wuyi without ever having to say the words.
6. One of the earliest signs that Jiayu is beginning to care about Wuyi is how she instinctively explains herself to him. No one asks her to, and she has no obligation to justify her actions, yet she does anyway—as though she doesn't want him to misunderstand her or think poorly of her. It's such an unusual change that even Wuyi notices it. With a teasing smile, he asks, "Are you explaining to me right now?". That moment is subtle, but it's often how feelings begin in real life. Before someone realizes they're in love, they often start caring about one person's opinion more than anyone else's.
7. Another subtle moment comes when Jiayu is unable to sleep before she is supposed to leave and travel with her mother. She appears distracted and unusually hesitant about the journey, as though something is weighing heavily on her mind. The drama never outright says what she's thinking, but the timing invites the audience to wonder whether Wuyi has become part of the reason for her reluctance. What's especially telling is her mother's reaction. Instead of asking about the trip itself or any practical concerns, she asks, "What do you think about Wuyi?" That question suggests her mother has noticed a change in Jiayu's behavior and suspects that Wuyi may be the source of her inner conflict. Parents in dramas often recognize feelings before their children do, and this scene fits that pattern
A fair interpretation is that Jiayu doesn't seem to realize her feelings at first. They appear to grow naturally from admiration for Wuyi's character, loyalty, integrity, and his dreams for Southern Ye. The drama conveys this mostly through her concern and quiet support (such as making a sword for him) rather than overt romantic gestures.
I’m not charging at you lol. I’m just sharing. I actually get your concern. Some people believe words are the best way to express love, while others believe actions speak louder. I used to be former, but growing up, I found myself believing that actions do speak louder than words. 😂
The villain will always be the villain, if the hero tells the story.
Every scar has two sides of pain, one gets sympathy, and one gets blame.
The world believes the loudest voice, not the soul left with out a choice.
Truth often hides behind the glory, because history is written by the one who tells the story.
Credits to https://www.facebook.com/reel/2048693795720472/?fs=e&mibextid=wwXIfr&fs=e
I wanna add the difference between Jiayu’s old feelings for Mao vs her feelings for Wuyi. She started questioning her feelings for Mao because she could never tell what he truly wanted, Mao only did whatever she wanted. He followed her blindly. But Wuyi, oh Wuyi. She knew what WUYI wanted. Sure, Wuyi wanted her… but more than that, he wanted peace in their country, and not once did he waver. And Jiayu understood him, believed in him, loved him for all that he is. For all that he believed in. She stayed by his side, and promised to join him in life and death. The thought of it is so sad and beautiful at the same time. What am I gonna do now?
It wasn’t until episode 26 that I realized what ending I really wanted for Wuyi, who deserved the world. And then episode 28 came, and I was so happy that he got that ending. For me, this ending was fitting. Xie Jiayu once said, “But even if you broke your promise, I will still forgive you. You had such a hard, tiring life. I won’t blame you for wanting to rest early.” This broke my heart into pieces because girl, I agree. XWY started fighting in war since he was a little kid instead of crushing on another little girl or playing with other kids like we all did. He was tired. He was so so tired, and for a few days, I was so mad at myself for even wanting him to just take the throne. When he returned the life saving pill to Jiayu in secret, my heart broke. He was ready to die for his country. No matter how much he loved Jiayu, in the end he still chose to protect his country than chase his own happiness. Until the end, Xiao Wuyi’s goal remained consistent. From episode 1 til his last battle, he fought for peace. For me, he wasn’t a fool. He was a hero. A true hero who never asked for anything in return. Xiao Wuyi deserved better, and in the end, he got it. ❤️ The sword, the ribbon, the drumming… all so meaningful and put together so well to create the most beautiful ending.
Xiao Wuyi and Xie Jiayu, my heart cries for you. And I am crying while typing this.
The script overall was beautiful. There were so many lessons to learn. When Xiao Wuyi said “No one is born a coward—they simply got used to bowing their head. Sometimes someone has to show them courage” (Not sure about the exact words, but it went like that okay!), and Xie Jiayu showed that courage to the slaves even without Wuyi, I was so proud of her.
Yes, the politics regarding war can get complicated, but I don’t think it’s the drama’s fault this time. It’s because I don’t follow politics or war news in real life, so I have no idea how war or even politics works. But for the most part, I understood it. And I understand why there had to be sacrifices in the end. Generals, emperors, commanders, even presidents of today’s era all have to make tough decisions for the greater good. And not everyone is going to like it, but that’s just reality.
One thing I want to clear with everyone: Since Xiao Wuyi lost his memories, he also lost his martial arts skills for ‘now’. Yizhi did mention that Wuyi just woke up three months ago, and he made him wear a mask to protect him from possible spies at least until Wuyi can remember everything and be able to protect himself. That means Wuyi can still relearn his martial arts, as soon as he is healed enough to start moving again.
https://kisskh.at/profile/jujube123/review/588028
Aimi crying while watching KTTPH 💔 She’s so precious. HMH too. And yet some people who don’t know what they went through just kept charging and hating on them.