Besides JoL2 and IAN, is there another series made in the past couple of years worth watching?
Strange Tales of the Tang Dynasty was a dark horse. Season 2 will air starting on the 18th July.
Dashing Youth starring Neo Hu (Wang Ye) and Wanyan Luo Rong (Zhuge Qing) has a supporting role will air on the 19th July. It's the prequel to The Blood of Youth (also highly recommended so give that a chance if you haven't yet).
I'm on episode 3 and I am thisclose to wanting to chuck something at the PD/director of the show. They've rigged the show numerous times (like the fish being unable to be sold, and all the additional 'buts' that caused Deng Chao's team to lose despite earning more money in sales at the market, their money prize from the impersonation contest becoming a worthless voucher) and they had no respect for Deng Chao at all. I got so mad that despite knowing that he was having digestive issues (e.g. constipation) for four days, they still gave him dried naan and the ridiculous meager pickled meal to eat on the luxury flight. Yet the PD team claimed 'rules are rules' despite breaking the rules themselves.
As am empath, I am seriously triggered for Deng Chao.
Is Li Xin Ze not returning as Tang Lian? If we take the extra as canon (and that Tang Lian didn't die in the original novel), shouldn't we expect to see him onscreen in season 2?
Tan Jian Ci and Wang Hedi are in the newest intro, that means that they will be in the eps more often!
Yes! I just saw both of them in the newest intro - so happy to see them there again (I was so disappointed when they weren't on the the previous animated intro). Can't wait to see an episode with them back and completing the H6! family again.
And love that Li Xue Qin is also in this intro. I thought the production did her wrong by omitting her in 2023's intro.
Just noticed him in the trailer previews for "Fangs of Fortune" and "Feng Ying Ran Mei Xiang" today. I nearly mistook him for Wang Xing Yue in the second trailer!
This is Guan Zi Jing's third collaboration as a support to Luo YunXi's character. I loved their friendship/bromance in Love is Sweet so I'm enjoying watching them onscreen together again.
https://www.douban.com/group/topic/306910589/?_i=8870789D1NUHwGZhao Liying is the most suitable heroine of the…
Sorry, Zhao Liying doesn't have the ethereal beauty that 'Fairy' Liu Yi Fei has to play Rose with men falling for her left and right....and this is coming from a fan of Zhao Liying since 'The Legend of Lu Zhen' days.
The narration is too fast and chaotic, making the characters two-dimensional almost like reading a comic. Luckily…
'The narration is too fast and chaotic, making the characters two-dimensional almost like reading a comic.'
Agree with the comment! Makes me wonder whether viewers not familiar with the IP are getting lost. I'm having trouble connecting to this version because it feels like the story started from the deep end without a proper build-up.
I don't mind they rush through the main characters bc we know them so well already. I am keen to see how they…
Do we have a rumored release date for Strange Tales S2? I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully, they'll keep the 'is it or isn't it paranormal' theme going in the next season.
And the MIL telling FXW not to spend 'lavishly' on baby milk powder for her granddaughter because she's just a girl and the way she complained about Rose's milk supply got me so heated. Wow, all this gaslighting and the manipulation from this duo really gets my blood boiling.
I wonder what this drama is like for those who have either haven't read the novel or watched previous drama adaptations.…
One of the best things about the LOCH is the bond between Guo Jing and his 7 shifus (Seven Freaks of Jiangnan) - they literally raised him so are more like adoptive parents, but we aren't shown any of this. From when they were looking for him and raising him, it was narrated to us and shown in short scenes. They completely bypassed his childhood being taught the different kinds of martial arts from each shifu (and finding out their individual personalities, names and back stories (love, revenge, etc)) and we skip right into him meeting Ma Yu as an adult! Their tight bond is supposed to make a later arc (Peach Blossom Island / Taohua Island) that much more impactful when he's put into a difficult situation and needs to make a choice between filial piety and love.
Even the appearance of Mei Chaofeng had no major impact - we were again told about her goal to kill Guo Jing to avenge her husband's death. Yet, they could have made it a part of the story instead we get no further insights into this.
Or when Guo Jing pieces together the similarities of Yang Kang's movements with Mei Chaofeng's Nine Yin White Bone Claw - if I didn't already know the story, I would much rather find out organically what their ties / relationships are.
I wonder what this drama is like for those who have either haven't read the novel or watched previous drama adaptations. Are you able to follow along? Is the story telling disorientating to you?
I'm only on episode 2, but so far we are told a lot of things and not shown. Like we're being fed the story intead of watching the story build and develop onscreen progressively. It feels like the first episode started in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, where was the story build up?
Dashing Youth starring Neo Hu (Wang Ye) and Wanyan Luo Rong (Zhuge Qing) has a supporting role will air on the 19th July. It's the prequel to The Blood of Youth (also highly recommended so give that a chance if you haven't yet).
As am empath, I am seriously triggered for Deng Chao.
Next week will be a great week with Strange Tales of the Tang Dynasty S2 (July 18th) and Dashing Youth releasing.
And love that Li Xue Qin is also in this intro. I thought the production did her wrong by omitting her in 2023's intro.
Agree with the comment! Makes me wonder whether viewers not familiar with the IP are getting lost. I'm having trouble connecting to this version because it feels like the story started from the deep end without a proper build-up.
Even the appearance of Mei Chaofeng had no major impact - we were again told about her goal to kill Guo Jing to avenge her husband's death. Yet, they could have made it a part of the story instead we get no further insights into this.
Or when Guo Jing pieces together the similarities of Yang Kang's movements with Mei Chaofeng's Nine Yin White Bone Claw - if I didn't already know the story, I would much rather find out organically what their ties / relationships are.
I'm only on episode 2, but so far we are told a lot of things and not shown. Like we're being fed the story intead of watching the story build and develop onscreen progressively. It feels like the first episode started in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, where was the story build up?