He's also promoting his Go East drama in Changsha, I wonder if this helped aligned his schedule filming for Hello,…
They have both been busy filming dramas back to back. For Didi, 'Light to the Night' just wrapped up filming last month. Before that, he was filming Guardians of the Dafeng which wrapped up last December, plus his variety shows (Wonderland and Hello Saturday). He also participated in the NBA All-Star in the US earlier this February as well as appearing as a guest on variety shows (Keep Running).
大哥 finished filming 'Filter' four months ago and then he started filming 'Under the Skin Season 2' immediately after.
Also promoting Lost You Forever 2 and now the upcoming Go East.
Didi and 大哥 were both very busy last year, too hence why they were gone for bouts of period with some more of the frequent guests aka extended Hi6 family (Wu Yi, Fan Shi Qi, Wei Da Xun, Meng Zi Yi, Zhang Yan Qi, Su Xing, and Zhang Yuan) making more regular appearances.
This is Qian Shan Cha Ke's most popular book in this genre and in the shared novel universe.
'The Double' exceeded everyone's expectations, and I hope that 'The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage' drama adaptation will do the book justice. Hopefully, we'll have a great production team and director and a befitting cast and plot.
As I've never watched 'Happy Camp', I can't compare if 何老师 isn't doing as well in 'Hello, Saturday' as he did in 'Happy Camp'....but he's a great host nonetheless and has great chemistry with the cast.
However, I do agree that with the departures of Deng Chao, Chen He, Wong Cho Lam and also Lu Han, Running Man / Keep Running has become less enjoyable over the years. The best seasons were undoubtedly seasons 3-5 where it had the OG cast + Dilireba.
Can't wait! I love when the entire TNT group are guests on the show.
I'm happy to see all of them doing well on their respective variety shows (e.g. Hello Saturday, Keep Running, Ace vs Ace, etc) but really enjoy it when they're altogether onscreen. 'This is My Island' was super enjoyable because it featured the entire group.
AHHH I heard that Tan Jianci is coming back to film on the 18 and 19, I'm so excited
He's also promoting his Go East drama in Changsha, I wonder if this helped aligned his schedule filming for Hello, Saturday. In any case, I'm super stoked for his return. Just waiting for Didi's schedule to free up / align so we can have the entire cast reunited.
August release date, post-Olympics? Wish I could be in Changsha to attend the Go East promotions. I wonder if this is why he's filming the next (few?) episodes of Hello, Saturday because the schedule aligned? In any case, very much looking forward to this drama airing and his return to Hello Saturday.
Wait what? Li Hong Yi and Cao Yu Chen have guest roles here as well? Wow, the production team went all out with the casting.
Li Hong Yi playing his (Xiao Se's) great-grandfather (?) role, the late emperor Xiao Yi (who also wielded the #1 sword Tian Zhan) and Cao Yu Chen reprising his role this time as a young Zhao Yu Zhen before he became the Sword Deity.
Bai Shu's a scene stealer again~ Hard to believe that I'm enjoying his Xiao Ruo Feng more than his Xiao Ling Chen. He's made for the character Lang Ya Wang (Prince Lang Ya) whether it's here or TBOY.
I can already see why he had so many loyal followers.
tale of dark river adaption is currently shooting and male lead is gong jun you can search remaining cast .
Su Mu Yu, such a hottie assasin and by far my favourite 'villain' in this shared universe. But not sure how I feel about Gong Jun playing such a naunced character.
I've watched a few of his dramas so far and the only role I thought he nailed was his 'Wen Ke Xing' in Word of Honor.
Jiang Zhen Hao was great as Su Mu Yu in 'The Blood of Youth' and Cheng Hong Xin is so far nailing the role in 'Dashing Youth'.
Su Mu Yu, such a hottie assasin and by far my favourite 'villain' in this shared universe. But not sure how I feel about Gong Jun playing such a naunced character.
I've watched a few of his dramas so far and the only role I thought he nailed was his 'Wen Ke Xing' in Word of Honor.
Jiang Zhen Hao was great as Su Mu Yu in 'The Blood of Youth' and Cheng Hong Xin is so far nailing the role in 'Dashing Youth'.
Like father like son (Lei clan); don’t know when to shut up 🤣🤣🤣.
Yup I agree. The production / director did great with the casting. From the styling, Wanyan Luo Rong and Ao Rui Peng even somehow look alike in some angles. Though I have to say the father is bounds more clever/sly than his son...Lei Wu Jie was too innocent and gullible.
who is Ye Ding Zhi paired up with in terms of romance?
If you don't mind being spoiled.
Ye Ding Zhi falls in love with Xiao Ruo Jin's consort (Yi Wen Jun / Consort Xuan) and they (Emperor Xiao Ruo Jin and Consort Xuan) already have a son together - the Seventh Prince (Xiao Yu / Prince Chi).
Later, Ye Ding Zhi kidnaps Consort Xuan from the palace and they have a son together (Wu Xin) - so Prince Chi is half-brothers with both Xiao Se (main character from The Blood of Youth and the Sixth Prince) and Wu Xin (Xiao Se's best friend).
Just watched the first episode - good start and I'm hooked~~~
Cheng Hong Xin's Su Mu Yu is spot-on to Jiang Zhen Hao's Su Mu Yu from The Blood of Youth. The same demeanor, vibe and feel!
Great casting with Wanyan Luo Rong as Lei Meng Sha, can already see Lei Wu Jie's carefreeness in him.
How meta and awesome is it that Bai Shu (TBOY - Xiao Ling Chen) and Fan Jin Wei (TBOY - Xiao Chong / Prince Bai) return to play their fathers' roles respectively as Xiao Ru Feng and Xiao Ruo Jin - so from cousins to brothers.
Looking forward to Bai Shu's appearance - he really stole the limelight in the few scenes he appeared in TBOY.
Now I just have to turn off my TBOY brain so that I can fully immerse myself into the story without comparing the two dramas.
Do i need to watch The Blood of Youth to watch this??
No, this is the prequel to The Blood of Youth. If anything, you will be spoiled as the past is mentioned in TBOY (as in who lives / who dies and the romantic partners). However, those who are a fan of the sequel are all looking forward to seeing the backstories of the preceding generation and putting faces to names that were mentioned throughout TBOY.
But don't let this stop you from watching TBOY, it's a great drama (it's not very often I rate a drama 10/10); you just decide whether you want to watch this before, after, or parallel to the Dashing Youth.
I was wondering why the Empress's brother looked so familiar! It was Hanson Ying or rather I know him as 'Ba Ye' (八爷) from "The Mystic Nine" - one of the best comedy relief supporting roles in a cdrama.
His name is listed as part of the returning original cast: https://baike.baidu.com/reference/63885184/533aYdO6cr3_z3kATPCJz673NC7EYt-tvLXVVedzzqIPmGapB4jsVIk849Jx7f5pFUXIv5UsY9hanOKyTVRH7vUTbOw3X7ckgiKgAC6blPSspoFn0NNFo4lBW6QJxKm16xg
Thanks for this! You're right, I can see 李欣泽 mentioned on the announcement. :)
For fans of Neo and Wanyan Luo Rong's bromance (Wang Ye / Zhuge Qing) from 'I am Nobody' and are disappointed Wanyan Luo Rong didn't return for season 2 should be happy to know he has a supporting role here, though the bromance in Dashing Youth will be featured on the characters Baili Dongjun & Ye Ding Zhi instead.
大哥 finished filming 'Filter' four months ago and then he started filming 'Under the Skin Season 2' immediately after.
Also promoting Lost You Forever 2 and now the upcoming Go East.
Didi and 大哥 were both very busy last year, too hence why they were gone for bouts of period with some more of the frequent guests aka extended Hi6 family (Wu Yi, Fan Shi Qi, Wei Da Xun, Meng Zi Yi, Zhang Yan Qi, Su Xing, and Zhang Yuan) making more regular appearances.
'The Double' exceeded everyone's expectations, and I hope that 'The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage' drama adaptation will do the book justice. Hopefully, we'll have a great production team and director and a befitting cast and plot.
Bai Shu portrays their uncle Xiao Ruo Feng (whereas he portrayed his son in TBOY).
Li Hong Yi will portray the founding Xiao Emperor - Xiao Yi, which is meta since Xiao Yi and Xiao Se were the only ones to wield the sword Tian Zhan.
However, I do agree that with the departures of Deng Chao, Chen He, Wong Cho Lam and also Lu Han, Running Man / Keep Running has become less enjoyable over the years. The best seasons were undoubtedly seasons 3-5 where it had the OG cast + Dilireba.
I'm happy to see all of them doing well on their respective variety shows (e.g. Hello Saturday, Keep Running, Ace vs Ace, etc) but really enjoy it when they're altogether onscreen. 'This is My Island' was super enjoyable because it featured the entire group.
Li Hong Yi playing his (Xiao Se's) great-grandfather (?) role, the late emperor Xiao Yi (who also wielded the #1 sword Tian Zhan) and Cao Yu Chen reprising his role this time as a young Zhao Yu Zhen before he became the Sword Deity.
I can already see why he had so many loyal followers.
I've watched a few of his dramas so far and the only role I thought he nailed was his 'Wen Ke Xing' in Word of Honor.
Jiang Zhen Hao was great as Su Mu Yu in 'The Blood of Youth' and Cheng Hong Xin is so far nailing the role in 'Dashing Youth'.
I've watched a few of his dramas so far and the only role I thought he nailed was his 'Wen Ke Xing' in Word of Honor.
Jiang Zhen Hao was great as Su Mu Yu in 'The Blood of Youth' and Cheng Hong Xin is so far nailing the role in 'Dashing Youth'.
Ye Ding Zhi falls in love with Xiao Ruo Jin's consort (Yi Wen Jun / Consort Xuan) and they (Emperor Xiao Ruo Jin and Consort Xuan) already have a son together - the Seventh Prince (Xiao Yu / Prince Chi).
Later, Ye Ding Zhi kidnaps Consort Xuan from the palace and they have a son together (Wu Xin) - so Prince Chi is half-brothers with both Xiao Se (main character from The Blood of Youth and the Sixth Prince) and Wu Xin (Xiao Se's best friend).
Cheng Hong Xin's Su Mu Yu is spot-on to Jiang Zhen Hao's Su Mu Yu from The Blood of Youth. The same demeanor, vibe and feel!
Great casting with Wanyan Luo Rong as Lei Meng Sha, can already see Lei Wu Jie's carefreeness in him.
How meta and awesome is it that Bai Shu (TBOY - Xiao Ling Chen) and Fan Jin Wei (TBOY - Xiao Chong / Prince Bai) return to play their fathers' roles respectively as Xiao Ru Feng and Xiao Ruo Jin - so from cousins to brothers.
Looking forward to Bai Shu's appearance - he really stole the limelight in the few scenes he appeared in TBOY.
Now I just have to turn off my TBOY brain so that I can fully immerse myself into the story without comparing the two dramas.
But don't let this stop you from watching TBOY, it's a great drama (it's not very often I rate a drama 10/10); you just decide whether you want to watch this before, after, or parallel to the Dashing Youth.