Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: April 20, 2023
  • Awards Received: Comment of Comfort Award1
Replying to FrankieD • 25 days ago
The Ml’s family will go ballistic when they find out he used an emperor’s decree to marry their former maid…
So he grants her freedom from indentured servitude only to trap her into marriage? Or was it his parents/grandparents frees her, so his only course of action is to go to the emperor to keep her? 😆
1 8
Replying to noor1234 • 25 days ago
Me neither. But it also shows how these 16 yo girls were conditioned to think a guy is be all and end all of life,…
☝🏻This. And also, girls were literally children back then when they were married off. Children have tantrums. Adults do too; it just usually tends to look different in adults. 😆
2 0
Replying to Nightingale • 25 days ago
"i'll disguise myself as a woman and sneak in" jiugao became so confident in this despite his height 🤣
To be fair, he did it somewhat successfully during the Festival of Man gathering. But dogs are smarter 🤣
7 0
Replying to HOP2020 • 25 days ago
There is an unhealthy amount of screen time given to that petulant sister-cousin. I do not know if they’re trying…
In the trailer it looks like she matures and takes on a job as some kind of shopkeeper. So she must have a story arc of growing up and transforming like many of the characters do— and I’m here for all of it!
4 1
Replying to Nightingale • 25 days ago
another very sweet ep12 moment was when fl's parents were watching her having breakfast with them, like the way…
There were many moments her adopted parents showed their care for her, and vice versa. This show is too good!
2 1
Replying to yuh-uu • 25 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
can someone explain to me why the need for jiugao to dress up like qian shaoze? i still dont understand why...
Remember those buff grannies guarding the doors to the women’s side of the gathering? 🤣
0 0
Replying to FrankieD • 25 days ago
I can’t believe by Sunday this week we will get to the half way mark - Ep 24
Not soon enough… and so much more to go. At the same time, it’ll be over before we know it.
3 1
Replying to Nahlabee4 • 26 days ago
Anyone watching this purely for the romance is going to have a rough time. They’ll likely spend the whole time…
Preach. I get the comparisons to Ming Lan, but it’s really not like that drama at all.
8 0
Replying to mommacat • Apr 30, 2026
That's true. I actually wasn't watching it as a romance either, until I came to the comments here and saw all…
Agree! I never mind a good slow burn.
0 0
Replying to Dramataitai • Apr 29, 2026
I’m on episode 15 and enjoying it so far. However, I’m not watching it as a romance, so I wasn’t waiting…
That's true. I actually wasn't watching it as a romance either, until I came to the comments here and saw all the complaints. Then I realized it was supposed to have *some* romance. lol
1 2
Replying to vann • Apr 29, 2026
idk why the ratings keep dropping i am really enjoying every episode even if there's some stupid things that could…
I've learned to ignore the ratings and just enjoy for myself. 😊👍
7 1
Replying to Robert Gus • Apr 29, 2026
Title The Epoch of Miyu Spoiler
The problem isn't that she’s 'on and off' with the ML; it’s that she’s literally kissing him in the morning…
I wouldn't call it "dating" the SML just meeting up with him for tea. There was nothing physical. And she rejected him, and he asked to be friends. All the comments saying she's playing the field or what was it, in her "hoe(sp) era," are such double standards. She's not promising anything, and she's a mature adult woman. I agree with Liz Mathew that Miyu's character is written to be heavily burned by relationships and commitment, and understandably so.
3 1
Replying to mommacat • Apr 29, 2026
You're probably not the minority opinion, just the opinion that is less vocal here lol. I am enjoying the drama,…
I will definitely check out your reviews! Would love to continue discussing. 😊
1 0
Replying to Putericbn • Apr 29, 2026
Oh my, I also thought the same thing. Oftentimes, when I watched their scenes together, I like to pretend that…
Funny enough, that's what I first thought at the beginning of this drama, but then they introduced Xue Rui. I wasn't sure about him at first, but then his character is just so warm. I'm shipping QQ and Xue ge now (sorry Ronghao!!!).
1 1
Replying to mommacat • Apr 29, 2026
Title The Epoch of Miyu Spoiler
You're probably not the minority opinion, just the opinion that is less vocal here lol. I am enjoying the drama,…
I'll make a note about Luminosity-- thanks lol. You make great points about the courtesy of comments. Here's hoping you (and everyone!) will encounter more balanced discussion.

I am really enjoying ep. 31; they've thrown in Tan Jr,, Xu parents, and even the influencer ex, omg. I will be bingeing the last releases when they come out for sure.
1 2
Replying to mommacat • Apr 29, 2026
Title The Epoch of Miyu Spoiler
You're probably not the minority opinion, just the opinion that is less vocal here lol. I am enjoying the drama,…
It's common enough for people to comment their dislike of a drama on each page. I've come to suspect it's because there are many different types of viewers, and the ones who only get enjoyment out of a story or plot when it goes their way, get upset the most when it doesn't. If you're the type of viewer who is open to interpretation and don't have a pre-set idea of how the storyline "should" be formatted, you tend to enjoy it more. Myself, I love to try to predict what will happen, but I love it when there's a twist, and I always predict knowing my way is not the highway.

To add to it, I must be really enjoying this drama, because I don't always visit MDL unless it's for dramas I really like and want to discuss with others. I don't have time to come here and comment when it's a show I don't like watching-- I'll just drop it and move on to another. And yes, I've dropped plenty of shows where I was almost finished or more than halfway done with, if I'm *that* tired of the plot or characters (Story of Ming Lan was one-- got about 35 episodes in and couldn't stick with it).

I'm halfway through ep. 31 now, and still really loving all the characters. even Miyu's annoying parents (and Miyu's reactions to their antics are back to being more solid-- go girl!). Even Ji Feng was good with them.
1 4
Replying to KJ2025 • Apr 29, 2026
I am still enjoying this drama even while annoyed with some of the creative choices. Tho the minority opinion,…
You're probably not the minority opinion, just the opinion that is less vocal here lol. I am enjoying the drama, although annoyed with the miscommunications. I love all the characters, even the annoying ones. But then again, I enjoy the series with all the over the top characters that cause drama and angst, within reason. Otherwise, what are we watching for? Anntagonists are needed for there to be protagonists.

Also, this is one of those few middle-aged dramas that have hooked me in. Not used to watching dramas featuring cast that are my age (except maybe HK dramas).
3 6
Replying to Kksdramas • Apr 29, 2026
It always baffles me how people complain about a show while watching 30 episodes. If you give it a chance and…
I'm with you! I still find the drama entertaining. This is one of those that keep my attention. Very few dramas, whether C or K or J, have solid writing, and this is also one that has silly plot points, but we're not in it for the reality check. The miscommunication level in this show is pretty high, but not terrible.

I can understand Miyu's character having been burned once, twice shy. Poor woman was deeply betrayed and if people find it hard to believe that she's been promoted that fast at work in under a year, then why not believe she doesn't want to jump into another relationship so fast? I feel for her character.
1 0
Replying to Bobo • Apr 29, 2026
Omg so much Negative in the comments section this give me a lesson to not read them and let my self enjoying the…
Same! This is a very entertaining drama. Not a omg-it's-so-good favorite, but definitely one I'm following closely. But I think it says a lot when the commenters are annoyed but continue watching. If I get that annoyed at a drama, I just drop it.
1 0
Replying to noshow • Apr 28, 2026
Title The Epoch of Miyu Spoiler
Agreed with your thoughts on the second leads.Am I the only one shipping the chef and Rui?
Totally shipping them. I'd be a little sad if Qiaoqi ends up with Duan jr.
1 0