Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 4 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: April 20, 2023
  • Awards Received: Comment of Comfort Award1
Replying to mochachen • 5 days ago
I have tmr off so I'm ready to cry my eyes out now.
Smart. I am WRUNG OUT after finishing the last 5 episodes.
0 0
Replying to Tsukiko • 6 days ago
Lol did he say why? 😂
lol I think his joke was that it was traumatic for him and he wished he had blacked out.
1 1
On Against the Current • 7 days ago
The speeches and dialog in each scene where LJQ reveals more about himself and keeps declaring his love and unending support for his wife are so loaded with romance... I don't need the showy passionate typical c-drama romance when we have all the emotion and expressions in both our leads' faces. So well done. 🥰

And random, but when my husband watched the birth scene with me, he said he wished he had passed out like Lin Da Ye when our kids were born 🤣🤣🤣
16 4
Replying to ChineseDramaFan • 7 days ago
lanxing asks: what do you live for? it's true that we live for our parents because they give us life. we live…
To be fair, children wouldn't exist without both mother and father. And LJQ and XLX have both repeatedly vowed to support each other as husband and wife, going through everything together. I still have hope she'll see LJQ as someone to live for as well, although I won't hold my breath lol.
2 1
Replying to Remo666 • 7 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Jin Qi not being mentioned by XLX as one of the people she lives for damn that’s rough but I get it. This is…
Totally agree. And with the way this drama has characters growing and changing in the long run, maybe she will choose to include him by the end of one of their lifetimes. lol
2 0
Replying to TrixN • 7 days ago
Capable men in Lin family skips a generation.
oh I hope not. I have high hopes for LJQ’s son since he has Lan Xiang for a mom 😁
3 1
Replying to ChineseDramaFan • 8 days ago
this is the pattern: the drama gives us something sweet, prepares us for the next pains. after the pains, it gives…
I love how the drama does that. it’s just like real life. One thing happens after another, sometimes multiple things all at once.
1 0
Replying to Enigma05 • 8 days ago
You never really know when a woman is pregnant in the series because they wear such layered clothing and they're…
It’s customary, especially back then, not to show or make apparent pregnancy condition in women. There’s quite a few superstitions and taboos during pregnancy and postpartum, especially out in a social environment.
8 1
Replying to mommacat • 10 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Looks like I was one of the few who actually enjoyed ep 39?
Also, the deaths of Jinlan and grandma Lin didn't bother me. Jinlan was always sickly and earmarked for an early death. I'm glad he got to see his baby and they gave him such a beautiful sendoff, with flashbacks to his scenes and surrounded by his most loved family. I did not feel much sympathy for grandma Lin since she never warmed up to XLX and she had lived a long life. Plus she was such a minor character.
7 0
Replying to mommacat • 10 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
Looks like I was one of the few who actually enjoyed ep 39?
I thought it was beautiful just like the rest of the drama. Beautiful and gentle, but always laced with a bit of sadness.

I'm a romance girlie, but I really enjoy the gentle and warm love between LJQ and XLX seen here, and I especially loved the domestic scenes with her parents after LJQ returns to Jinling. I missed her parents and Master Lu, and we see them all happy together here.

The time skips didn't bother me-- it didn't translate to any less screen time for our leads, just moved the setting ahead.

I was actually surprised by how far they took us into the bedroom scene lol There went another awkward gym session while watching AtC. 😂 I knew they'd have their consummation night in this episode but I was expecting barely a kiss and definitely not him bringing her into the bed, even if it was behind the curtains. I thought I'd be safe with G rated scenes. 🤣 But again, the scene was beautiful and gentle and you could feel the love brimming in it. I thought it was very intimate, with no need to be flashy. And it's so happy that she gets pregnant so soon.
13 1
Replying to dsperdana • 10 days ago
Since he resigned from court and all the crickety politics, from this point onward is the story will focus on…
Yep, with the return of Du Cuique.
0 0
Replying to mochachen • 10 days ago
LX really has the foresight, I am always forever impressed with her. LJQ is smart but his foresight is not comparable…
Of course. They follow their Da Ye. They are employed by him, not the emperor.
5 0
Replying to endrcover • 10 days ago
help guys i was hoping the second part of the episode was just a dream by the ml because of how much he’s yearning…
lol I was actually surprised they showed as much as they did in the bedroom scene 🤣from the way the drama had been progressing
1 0
Replying to nolatoo • 10 days ago
I went ahead and bumped this on up to a 10.☺️
I did tha yesterday too. And I’ve been rating all the episodes as I watch. All 10’s. Nothing but love for this masterpiece.
6 0
Replying to necxblacx • 12 days ago
can we altogether skip Wednesday if there’s no episode?
I started rewatching the entire drama yesterday since we have all this free time without our 2 episodes a day. 😆 I’m catching so many things this time around that make sense knowing what will happen later.
0 0
Replying to Blueberries • 14 days ago
I took it as a missed shot that just happened to hit the other guy. I think the whole sequence was intentional…
The drama is not set in a specific actual time period, despite the realism of the set designs. The creators wanted to take creative liberties that way, between the costumes, language, and artifacts.
1 0