I feel that this drama is way too overrated. To have just .1 rating lower than epic masterpiece like Nirvana in…
Elix beorn, if you still not into the story till ep 16, maybe EL is just not your taste. It is not about boring. I found the drama was interesting from the beginning and got completed hooked around ep11. Most fans mentioned ep 13 is a turning point. For a ep58 episodes 10 eps intro is still acceptable, not to mention they are actually important for future character and story development. I would suggest you either drop it or jump to ep26 and watch till ep30. If till ep 30 is still boring for you, then it is really not your cup of tea.
I also love NIF and gave a bit higer rate to it than EL because I found EL still has a few loop holes but it definitely tops in its own genre. I gave EL high score because EL really dragged me into the fantasy land. It is different experience from NIF. When i watched NIF i was more an excited audience watching nervously how my hero played his cards. It was very satisfying but I never put myself in the drama. However with EL I felt from time to time i was in the story too. Although the story is set in a mythological background, the portrait of love (lovers, family) relationship is actually quite modern. Maybe that's why so many fans feel related and soaked into the story.
I'm on episode 5 and I'm thinking of dropping it. Someone convince me otherwise.
It is a 58ep TV serie and a complicated story. Pretty much the first ten episodes are character and story intro, especially the male lead actually pops up at ep9 and the meeting between the male lead and female lead starts around ep11. Then actually face-to-face interaction starts around ep13. Well, there were quite something to tell before the real story happened. When you finish the further episodes, you might want to go back to check out the early story like me. :-) The reason of a lot of character behaviors is actually in these early episodes. Just I did not know. I have to confess I did some fast forward in these early episodes during my first round watch. During my rewatch round I did not. :-)
I am at episode 16 and I felt like dropping this drama. I've heard so many good reviews about this drama…
And later after she lost all hopes, Su Su was still calm, hide her real intention from everyone including YH and in that kind of extreme lonely and helpless situation, carefully planned her way "out" of this relationship. Have to say, she was not stupid at all! There were arguments about whether she knew the end would be death or not. I would say at that point she didn't care any more. She just wanted to get away from the palace and YH, no matter how it ended. Just so determined. Yes, Su Su is a hard-core lady!
I am at episode 16 and I felt like dropping this drama. I've heard so many good reviews about this drama…
I would say just like you said, giving a bit more time for some further episodes. Quite some people dislike Su Su, thinking she is too naive and in some way a kind of stupid. I was a bit pissed like this in the beginning too (I did think she was cute though :-) ), but after I finished the whole series, I began to like this character. She looked weak in the first impression but actually not weak at all. She was the one who made the marriage propose and she was the one who ended it. She held her bottom line and it really took great courage to draw a line in such relationship. Not a lot of people can do it. Well, husband handsome, powerful, rich, has a child to be future heir, ..just a bit family issues...in reality, quite some people might hesitate about giving up life like this but not Su Su. Actually in the SuSu/YeHua relationship, YeHua appeared always having the upper hand or dominant role but in fact the string was always pulled by Su Su.Su Su had a core of Bai Qian, the Queen.
Again another three 1 points for rating yesterday alone. While the popularity of EL gets higher, the haters get crazier... I believe a pearl is always a pearl, no matter how hard you try to hide it...
Can anyone, please, for the love of all that's holy, translate this? https://youtu.be/UCPqbFZWBcg <---SPOILER…
Something like: that day when we shot the dying scene of Ye Hua, camera was first on me then him, in turns couple of times....At this point in his eyes I am Bai Qian and in my eyes he is Ye Hua. Now we are really separating although we love each other so much... we both played this scene from the bottom of our hearts. So uncomfortably sad... After the shooting he told me, don't want to do this again, too draining...we did not talk too much. We just knew each other's feeling at that moment. A big hug will do. And i said thanks for the hard work.
the rating dropped?seriously?why?its such a nice drama.its been around two months already since i first watched…
There are people purposely giving 1 point to make the rating drop. In the last three days alone there were 3 more 1 points. Guess the high rating really hit the nerves of some people and this happens to all good rating dramas here. There are always people play anti for just anti. Kind of sad.
For EL lovers, recommend this blog http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com. (just look for the lable "Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms") The blogger recapped all 58 episodes. Informative and full of humor. Highly recommend! And the response of EL lovers there is huge. First time I saw the number of comments for one recap is over 1000. Orz
Ok. A warning: the blogger is not Feijiu/DiJun Shipper.
Anyone knows what is the heavenly trial that Si Yin had to face at one of the initial episode but the Master faced…
It is quite common in the Chinese fantasy story setup. Training to increase cultivation, take the trial then level up. And the difficulty of the trial increases when the level goes higher. And everybody's trial is different. Nobody knows what is coming. Some high cultivated one maybe know roughly when it will come but definitely zero clues about the details.Si Yin's trial for leveling up to high immortals is just lighting bolts, later she will face the worst trial- love trial to level up to high goddess.
Ok guys is it just me but Su Su created alot of the problems...i am really getting itritated. Could she just once…
@krystalsoojungs I agree with you. I also thought the tragedy of YH/SuSu relationship is mainly YH's fault but it "has to" be like this for SuSu since it is a love trial for Bai Qian. If it is not YH, it will be somebody else to break her heart.
In the drama when the fox family figured out that their daughter went missing and suffering somewhere for her trial, they also did not do much as long as they knew she had no life danger. The father even said to the family that you all went through trials when you leveled up to the high god, you knew what it means.
So i'm actually happy Bai Qian's love trial is YH. It means they are fated together. Without YH/SuSu relationship, YH won't get mature and YH/BaiQian will end up like a cold political marriage considering these two's personalities.
btw, i found it funny that after the talk of the fox king about the trial, the camera was on Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan. They awkwardly glanced at each other and quickly looked aside. I wonder what happened to these two during their trials. XXD.
Ok guys is it just me but Su Su created alot of the problems...i am really getting itritated. Could she just once…
Yes, it is complicated to explain. The story is quite complicated. It covers three lifetime of the leads, has a lot of characters. You probably will get lost at the first 10 episodes, but please be patient, things will be together especially after the leads really met each other in person around ep12 or ep13. Well it is a 58eps serie, it has the luxury to use 10eps to set up the background and character relations for the whole story. Hope you could enjoy the show like I did. :-)
Ok guys is it just me but Su Su created alot of the problems...i am really getting itritated. Could she just once…
If you mean the normal triangles, I would say NO. Both male lead Ye Hua and female lead Bai Qian are attractive people, they both had chasers or admirers but never came close to a level of a love triangle. They only loved each other and never looked at the others. Some second lead character like Mo Yuan will make you heart wrenching. You wish the female lead could love him but you also know it is not possible because she only has Ye Hua in her heard. No worries. This affection is also very subtle, not even voiced out and the female lead actually never figured this out. That's why it's so heart breaking. T_T
I also love NIF and gave a bit higer rate to it than EL because I found EL still has a few loop holes but it definitely tops in its own genre. I gave EL high score because EL really dragged me into the fantasy land. It is different experience from NIF. When i watched NIF i was more an excited audience watching nervously how my hero played his cards. It was very satisfying but I never put myself in the drama. However with EL I felt from time to time i was in the story too. Although the story is set in a mythological background, the portrait of love (lovers, family) relationship is actually quite modern. Maybe that's why so many fans feel related and soaked into the story.
Ok. A warning: the blogger is not Feijiu/DiJun Shipper.
In the drama when the fox family figured out that their daughter went missing and suffering somewhere for her trial, they also did not do much as long as they knew she had no life danger. The father even said to the family that you all went through trials when you leveled up to the high god, you knew what it means.
So i'm actually happy Bai Qian's love trial is YH. It means they are fated together. Without YH/SuSu relationship, YH won't get mature and YH/BaiQian will end up like a cold political marriage considering these two's personalities.
btw, i found it funny that after the talk of the fox king about the trial, the camera was on Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan. They awkwardly glanced at each other and quickly looked aside. I wonder what happened to these two during their trials. XXD.