ATC is concurrently airing on Chinese national broadcast TV. Should you (a K-drama fan, no less) get priority…
: "You're referring to K-dramas in a derogatory way, or am I mistaken?"
Despite the fact that you completely ignored my questions, I'll honestly answer yours.
Yes, you were mistaken. I wasn't referring to K-dramas in a derogatory way. I was referring to a single particular K-drama fan in a derogatory way. Can you guess which one?
No need for you to answer. You've already avoided my questions before. What's another one? (See what I did here. I snuck in another question for you to choose to ignore, if you wish.)
This is precisely why I referred (verbatim) to "a K-drama fan, no less." Please carefully read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote (presumably due to your relatively poor reading and reasoning skills). In other words, don't make unwarranted assumptions or inferences that aren't there.
"Being a C-drama viewer does not make you superior or something."
Again with the false assumptions.
"I tell you this as an avid C-drama fan."
Don't care. Didn't ask.
But now that you bring it up, given that you're a self-proclaimed "avid C-drama fan," you should well know that when a C-drama airs on national TV in China, the C-ent platforms generally follow the CCTV schedule, more or less. If you didn't know (in which case, you're probably not the "avid C-drama fan" you say you are), you know now because I just told you.
In light of this, your rant seems rather misguided, if not nonsensical.
Not to mention, if you're really the "avid C-drama fan" you insist you are, then you should know as well that this type of scheduling is par for the course for C-ent platforms. If you've known this all along, why rant so vehemently about it? Unless, perhaps, you have an anger management problem or something. Or maybe you just like to hear yourself talk (loudly).
"K-dramas follow their specific airing pattern because their length is like 1/3 or 1/4 of C-dramas, your comparison is invalid."
Irrelevant. I wasn't even talking about K-dramas, let alone comparing them to C-dramas.
Now that I've cleared things up, are you going to answer my couple of questions (from my initial post) or not? I answered yours (even though I asked first). But I won't take it personally if you fail to come up with any satisfactory answers.
There is a reason this drama dropped in rating. Feminist BS.
Please explain why, in the first place, the ratings rose from its prior 7.9 low point (early in the drama's release) to its current status of 8.8.
Then kindly explain why a statistically insignificant (not to mention, tiny and trivial) decline of 0.1 off the 8.9 high somehow outweighs a nine-fold (8.8 - 7.9 = 0.9) increase to prove your hypothesis.
I eagerly anticipate the statistical and scientific reasoning behind your grand theory. I look forward to getting the amazing opportunity to learn personally from a STEM expert such as yourself.
Thank you in advance for sharing your great knowledge and wisdom.
Wasn't episode 43 supposed to air today?? Ugh, I hate this stupid schedule. The 1 episode a day, or no episode…
ATC is concurrently airing on Chinese national broadcast TV.
Should you (a K-drama fan, no less) get priority over all the citizens of China?
And pray tell, which non-greedy non-Chinese platform offers even as much as one episode per day during the final run (or any other part) of its dramas?
In no way is abuse "romanticized."Not to mention, you're committing the "presentism" fallacy in…
I was responding to your OP. I am now responding to your reply to me.
Your conversation with someone else is neither my interest nor my concern. Not to mention, a good number of people responded to your OP and disagreed with it. If you put something out there, you deal with the consequences. It's not mine or anyone else's responsibility to try to figure out if or how you're "rethinking [your] thought process." (redundant much?) We don't read minds.
If you were no longer standing by your OP, you should've retracted it, which you didn't.
Ok, let's address what you said to me personally. You wished that I had read each and every one of your exchanges with someone else in a very lengthy thread in which others have also participated.
You felt that I was coming at you in an unreasonable way and might have misinterpreted you.
Pray tell, how have I misinterpreted you?
First, I said the drama didn't "romanticize" abuse. This statement isn't even about you; it's about the drama itself. Where exactly is there any room for misinterpretion? What exactly is there to even interpret here?
Did or did you not state your (completely uninformed) opinion as fact? I disagreed with your opinion that, for no good reason, you presented as a factual statement. I didn't misinterpret anything because there wasn't anything to interpret. Either you stated your opinion as fact. Or you didn't. Did you state your opinion as fact? Yes or no?
Next, I said you were committing the logical fallacy of "presentism." Again, what exactly did I misinterpret here?
Finally, I said that you should stick to criticizing dramas that you have actually seen. Did you criticize a drama? Yes. Did you actually see this drama? No.
What could you possibly have said to grapejuice or anyone else, for that matter, that would change the fact that you criticized a drama that you hadn't actually seen. Nothing, that's what.
In light of this, let's get to the funniest part of your reply. The very first sentence, no less: "I wish you had actually read the thread I had with Grape..."
Let me get this straight, you wish that I had teased out from this lengthy thread each and every single out of your comments to someone else and then read each one of them, despite the fact that I had already read and responded to your original comment.
So why didn't you wish for yourself that you had actually watched any part of this drama at all before criticizing it in the first place?
Can you be more hypocritical? Do you grasp the concept of irony?
Here's the thing: after reading your reply, I have even less respect for you than I already did. All you had to do was admit you were wrong and take back your statement. Leave it at that.
But instead of taking any responsibility and accountability for what you said, you blame others for not understanding what you said. This tells me that either you lack the intellectual honesty, humility, and integrity to own up to what you say. Or you don't even know that you're supposed to own up to what you say.
Not a good look either way.
What's worse is that you seem to think that you have "100% admitted" your fault. But you don't even know, let alone admit, the half of it.
In response to Avenuex (whom I don't follow because her views are often narrowed), I wrote 2 responses. She has…
Have you ever set foot in China?
If you think you can say whatever (and wherever) you want here in the US, you need to study constitutional law (more specifically, how exactly the "free speech" clause of the First Amendment has been interpreted currently and historically).
Here's a hint: you cannot even say whatever you want here on MDL. The owners and moderators can easily delete your comments and suspend, if not cancel your account, as they wish. Can you guess why?
As for AvenueX, I've criticized both the form and content of her reviews here and elsewhere (including in the same YouTube comments section). At this point, it's picking low-hanging fruit.
To be honest, I didn't even read what you said about her review.. The only thing that caught my attention is your last paragraph in which you made some gratuitous (not to mention, incorrect and amateurish) geopolitical remarks, which shouldn't go unchallenged, especially in a forum discussion about a drama from the country at which you took your unsolicited cheapshot.
Great more romanticized abuse. Falling in love with someone who forces you into marriage and drugs you are fine…
In no way is abuse "romanticized."
Not to mention, you're committing the "presentism" fallacy in which you apply 21st century Western standards to (historical) fiction of an Eastern culture. (Oh, by the way, guess what the Europeans were doing half a century or so ago to Indigenous peoples around the world.) In any event, your virtue-signaling is duly noted.
Keep in mind that people from a different culture 500 years or so from now will probably be committing the same historical and logical fallacy by criticizing your behavior from the standards of their time and place. The difference is that you seem to be a real person, not a fictional character (or bot).
Last but not least, try to actually watch the drama you're so wantonly criticizing. My guess, given your inherent presentism, you will arrive at a similar conclusion. But at least then, you'd actually have an iota of an idea what you're talking about.
She’s totally missing the point — the drama is designed to show how powerless people were in the face emperor’s…
To be fair, in my relatively limited experience, I haven't seen that sort of behavior. Sure, AvenueX's reviews are (intentionally) biased and controversial; but she doesn't appear to trade in sensationalist rumor and gossip or sell fake news. To her credit, she doesn't seem to claim her opinion as fact.
This isn't a Disney fairytale cartoon. It's one thing to disagree with the creative decisions; it's quite another…
Fair enough, but consistency (in the drama) and closure (for the viewer) are separate issues, neither of which implies the other.
It's entirely possible (and not altogether uncommon) for well-executed dramas not to provide emotional payouts. And some dramas that pour out the Kool-Aid can be poorly executed.
Criticizing the execution of a drama is fair game, but emotions and expectations are on you.
It wasn't supposed to...
New Life Begins
Is this a promise or a threat?
Despite the fact that you completely ignored my questions, I'll honestly answer yours.
Yes, you were mistaken. I wasn't referring to K-dramas in a derogatory way. I was referring to a single particular K-drama fan in a derogatory way. Can you guess which one?
No need for you to answer. You've already avoided my questions before. What's another one? (See what I did here. I snuck in another question for you to choose to ignore, if you wish.)
This is precisely why I referred (verbatim) to "a K-drama fan, no less." Please carefully read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote (presumably due to your relatively poor reading and reasoning skills). In other words, don't make unwarranted assumptions or inferences that aren't there.
"Being a C-drama viewer does not make you superior or something."
Again with the false assumptions.
"I tell you this as an avid C-drama fan."
Don't care. Didn't ask.
But now that you bring it up, given that you're a self-proclaimed "avid C-drama fan," you should well know that when a C-drama airs on national TV in China, the C-ent platforms generally follow the CCTV schedule, more or less. If you didn't know (in which case, you're probably not the "avid C-drama fan" you say you are), you know now because I just told you.
In light of this, your rant seems rather misguided, if not nonsensical.
Not to mention, if you're really the "avid C-drama fan" you insist you are, then you should know as well that this type of scheduling is par for the course for C-ent platforms. If you've known this all along, why rant so vehemently about it? Unless, perhaps, you have an anger management problem or something. Or maybe you just like to hear yourself talk (loudly).
"K-dramas follow their specific airing pattern because their length is like 1/3 or 1/4 of C-dramas, your comparison is invalid."
Irrelevant. I wasn't even talking about K-dramas, let alone comparing them to C-dramas.
Now that I've cleared things up, are you going to answer my couple of questions (from my initial post) or not? I answered yours (even though I asked first). But I won't take it personally if you fail to come up with any satisfactory answers.
The Princess WeiYoung seems to explore similar themes as well.
Then kindly explain why a statistically insignificant (not to mention, tiny and trivial) decline of 0.1 off the 8.9 high somehow outweighs a nine-fold (8.8 - 7.9 = 0.9) increase to prove your hypothesis.
I eagerly anticipate the statistical and scientific reasoning behind your grand theory. I look forward to getting the amazing opportunity to learn personally from a STEM expert such as yourself.
Thank you in advance for sharing your great knowledge and wisdom.
Should you (a K-drama fan, no less) get priority over all the citizens of China?
And pray tell, which non-greedy non-Chinese platform offers even as much as one episode per day during the final run (or any other part) of its dramas?
Your conversation with someone else is neither my interest nor my concern. Not to mention, a good number of people responded to your OP and disagreed with it. If you put something out there, you deal with the consequences. It's not mine or anyone else's responsibility to try to figure out if or how you're "rethinking [your] thought process." (redundant much?) We don't read minds.
If you were no longer standing by your OP, you should've retracted it, which you didn't.
Ok, let's address what you said to me personally. You wished that I had read each and every one of your exchanges with someone else in a very lengthy thread in which others have also participated.
You felt that I was coming at you in an unreasonable way and might have misinterpreted you.
Pray tell, how have I misinterpreted you?
First, I said the drama didn't "romanticize" abuse. This statement isn't even about you; it's about the drama itself. Where exactly is there any room for misinterpretion? What exactly is there to even interpret here?
Did or did you not state your (completely uninformed) opinion as fact? I disagreed with your opinion that, for no good reason, you presented as a factual statement. I didn't misinterpret anything because there wasn't anything to interpret. Either you stated your opinion as fact. Or you didn't. Did you state your opinion as fact? Yes or no?
Next, I said you were committing the logical
fallacy of "presentism." Again, what exactly did I misinterpret here?
Finally, I said that you should stick to criticizing dramas that you have actually seen. Did you criticize a drama? Yes. Did you actually see this drama? No.
What could you possibly have said to grapejuice or anyone else, for that matter, that would change the fact that you criticized a drama that you hadn't actually seen. Nothing, that's what.
In light of this, let's get to the funniest part of your reply. The very first sentence, no less: "I wish you had actually read the thread I had with Grape..."
Let me get this straight, you wish that I had teased out from this lengthy thread each and every single out of your comments to someone else and then read each one of them, despite the fact that I had already read and responded to your original comment.
So why didn't you wish for yourself that you had actually watched any part of this drama at all before criticizing it in the first place?
Can you be more hypocritical? Do you grasp the concept of irony?
Here's the thing: after reading your reply, I have even less respect for you than I already did. All you had to do was admit you were wrong and take back your statement. Leave it at that.
But instead of taking any responsibility and accountability for what you said, you blame others for not understanding what you said. This tells me that either you lack the intellectual honesty, humility, and integrity to own up to what you say. Or you don't even know that you're supposed to own up to what you say.
Not a good look either way.
What's worse is that you seem to think that you have "100% admitted" your fault. But you don't even know, let alone admit, the half of it.
If you think you can say whatever (and wherever) you want here in the US, you need to study constitutional law (more specifically, how exactly the "free speech" clause of the First Amendment has been interpreted currently and historically).
Here's a hint: you cannot even say whatever you want here on MDL. The owners and moderators can easily delete your comments and suspend, if not cancel your account, as they wish. Can you guess why?
As for AvenueX, I've criticized both the form and content of her reviews here and elsewhere (including in the same YouTube comments section). At this point, it's picking low-hanging fruit.
To be honest, I didn't even read what you said about her review.. The only thing that caught my attention is your last paragraph in which you made some gratuitous (not to mention, incorrect and amateurish) geopolitical remarks, which shouldn't go unchallenged, especially in a forum discussion about a drama from the country at which you took your unsolicited cheapshot.
Not to mention, you're committing the "presentism" fallacy in which you apply 21st century Western standards to (historical) fiction of an Eastern culture. (Oh, by the way, guess what the Europeans were doing half a century or so ago to Indigenous peoples around the world.) In any event, your virtue-signaling is duly noted.
Keep in mind that people from a different culture 500 years or so from now will probably be committing the same historical and logical fallacy by criticizing your behavior from the standards of their time and place. The difference is that you seem to be a real person, not a fictional character (or bot).
Last but not least, try to actually watch the drama you're so wantonly criticizing. My guess, given your inherent presentism, you will arrive at a similar conclusion. But at least then, you'd actually have an iota of an idea what you're talking about.
It's entirely possible (and not altogether uncommon) for well-executed dramas not to provide emotional payouts. And some dramas that pour out the Kool-Aid can be poorly executed.
Criticizing the execution of a drama is fair game, but emotions and expectations are on you.
It's all about rage-bait click$$$, if you ask me.
It's one thing to disagree with the creative decisions; it's quite another to expect serious works of art to make you "incredibly happy."
They're not supposed to cater to the audience. And they shouldn't.
This being said, there are still 8 episodes remaining to be seen.