Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 10 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 11, 2024
  • Awards Received: Mic Drop Darling1
Replying to emotionallyevil • Jun 2, 2026
Wang Rui Chang will forever be stuck as someone’s ex lover. 😂😂😭😭Someone give him a cp leading role!
A River Runs Through It
0 0
Replying to nycfoodie • Jun 2, 2026
No. They have their reasons.
Feel free to point out exactly where I said that you're not allowed to have an opinion.

Here's the thing: this is a public platform, not your personal safe space. If you give an (unsolicited) opinion, others can weigh in on it and share their own opinions. Not to mention, I wasn't even responding to you in my prior post; I was answering someone else's inquiry about what info re: ZYR's dubbing I have (if any).

As for a hobby, I've already found one. It's writing essays not about telling others that they're not allowed to have opinions on MDL.
0 0
Replying to nycfoodie • May 31, 2026
No. They have their reasons.
I don't have any inside info; but the default assumption that C-ent industry people have good reasons behind their decisions, whether we agree with them or not, is the safer and smarter one to make.

Leaving aside that the OP hasn't even seen the finished product of the decision yet, prematurely assuming that the relevant industry decision-makers are "mental" makes no sense.

The proof is in the pudding. If C-ent people didn't know what they were doing, then how is it possible for the industry to thrive, or even survive?

In recent years, C-dramas seem to be getting better and attracting greater viewership; otherwise, the increasing number of fans like the OP wouldn't even be here making comments in the first place.

In light of this indeterminate situation where we don't have privileged access to the decision-making process, coupled with the fact that we haven't even seen this C-drama yet, it would be "mental" to presuppose that whoever decided to dub are the "mental" ones.

Needless to say, I prefer to hear ZYR's own voice. But why should my preferences override those of the C-ent industry people who have intimate knowledge and experience with the situation at hand?
3 2
Replying to honeylemoncha • May 31, 2026
it's been sitting at #1 on datawin's upcoming drama popularity index for 3 consecutive days ever since the airing…
The First Jasmine
1 1
Replying to honeylemoncha • May 31, 2026
it's been sitting at #1 on datawin's upcoming drama popularity index for 3 consecutive days ever since the airing…
It's not a zero-sum game.
1 0
Replying to Naomi Necro • May 31, 2026
They DUBBED ZHOU YI RAN?? Are they actually mental? Of all people to dub over, you're gonna put a flimsy voice…
No. They have their reasons.
4 4
Replying to 16119092 • May 31, 2026
It was never banned. Some international viewers just have a habit of making up new rules or exaggerating existing…
But, but...China is the evil commie empire, so they ban & censor everything!

Even though I've never set foot in China or even know any Chinese, I am sure of this because international social & mainstream media tell me so. And international media never lie, only Chinese media promote propaganda.

Oh, and the C-ent industry is evil, too!
0 0
Replying to Nyx_flyy0210 • May 31, 2026
The story has reborn genre? I thought it was banned for long length story but notherless, im waiting for this…
No. It was never banned. Scroll down for more information.
2 0
Replying to Dekuino • May 30, 2026
There's a lot of costume drama. If you don't start with the right one, you're never going to like costume dramas.…
Thank you for the considerate reply.

Due to prior experience with K-drama migrants here on MDL, I took your comments the wrong way. On reflection, I should have chosen my words more carefully.

But I'm glad you're enjoying C-dramas now. If you're having trouble finding traditional historical C-dramas to your liking, I suggest that you look into those with a more recent (20th century) historical setting, such as the Republican Era.

If you don't want to give up on more traditional historical C-dramas yet, try to see Goodbye My Princess (whose ML is the same one from Love Between Lines).

Caveat emptor: GMP & LBL are completely different from each other in virtually every way, especially with respect to type of ending.
1 0
Replying to nycfoodie • May 30, 2026
I believe they've already done so.EDIT: I stand corrected. Please see my post below.
Please see my post below yours.
0 0
Replying to nycfoodie • May 30, 2026
I believe they've already done so.EDIT: I stand corrected. Please see my post below.
I spoke too soon. Based on past indication, I mistakenly assumed so.

But I just checked and haven't seen anything, not even a release date. Unfortunately, I don't have the Mango TV app to verify one way or another.

My bad. 😔
1 0
Replying to Into_cdrama • May 30, 2026
Will they promote it on hi6
I believe they've already done so.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Please see my post below.
1 4
Replying to Sweet Savage • May 29, 2026
Thought reborn tropes were banned?? how did this one escape?
Because they were never banned. Due to a brief epidemic of suicides among young Chinese women a decade or so ago, China's NRTA started regulating & restricting dramas that, in their view, promoted "fatalism." These are more guidelines that are open to interpretation, rather than hard-and-fast rules.
1 0
Replying to Baiyinghua1995 • May 29, 2026
Please STOP asking STUPID QUESTION about Rebirth dramas!NO. CHINA NEVER BAN REBIRTH DRAMAS!We already had so many…
🫡
1 0
Replying to nycfoodie • May 29, 2026
The VR game is a significant part of the plot. If you find it bland, boring, annoying, etc., stop watching.Why…
This is a public platform, not your personal safe space. If you choose to talk about what you watch or not, let alone what you think about what you watch or not, it becomes everybody's business.

Any bland, boring, and annoying drama watcher with at least 13 out of 28 parts of a brain would've figured this out.

Oh, and I'm not into bland, boring, and annoying dramas. If I were, I'd watch your Bollywood bollocks.
0 1
Replying to nycfoodie • May 28, 2026
Yes. Not only for Ren Min and Ci Sha, but also for Zhang WanYi.
Great minds think alike! 🙂
2 0
Replying to FunanFurak • May 28, 2026
8/10 for me for the acting, chemistry and emotional delivery. Is it a good idea to watch Rise of Ning now as I…
Yes. Not only for Ren Min and Ci Sha, but also for Zhang WanYi.
2 2
Replying to nycfoodie • May 28, 2026
Teacher, make your own dramas without second leads. Let's see if anyone watches.
Your self-pity is such an unattractive trait. Coupled with being a racist & pathological liar, it's not a very good look for you.
0 1
Replying to nycfoodie • May 28, 2026
Teacher, make your own dramas without second leads. Let's see if anyone watches.
No, thankfully, I don't share your poor taste & judgment.
0 1
Replying to nycfoodie • May 28, 2026
Teacher, make your own dramas without second leads. Let's see if anyone watches.
Wait, so now you're the "poor kid?"

I thought you said that you were "smoking" me online. Do you ever stop lying?
0 3