im curious what dramas you consider good if you think this is the “worst.” maybe it just wasnt your type but…
Wait, you originally said that it was the WORST cdrama you've ever seen. Then you said it's only the WORST in its category. Now you say it's only bad compared to MOST cdramas.
You keep backtracking because you got repeatedly called out for being full of it. Instead of admitting that you vastly overstated your case, you decided to dig a bigger hole for yourself.
Did the C-ent industry manipulate the Netflix numbers as well?
So, to not waste your time trying to make me understand, you just wasted your time trying to make me understand. Gotcha!
And by "wake up," do you mean ideologically, as in being "woke?" Or colloquially speaking, something like "you better recognize!?"
Last but not least, are your ad hominem attacks really necessary? "Trump cultist," seriously? Come on, you can do better.
Not only did you completely evade my challenge to your claims about ZLH's alleged "racism" & "misogyny," but also you deflect by tossing personal insults my way.
Ok, let me throw your own words right back at you: "Oh, a word of advice, insulting your opponent personally is an admission of losing the argument."
CXX graduated 1st in his class from Central Academy of Drama, one of the two most elite acting conservatories…
Did you conduct a scientific survey? If so, in which peer-reviewed statistical academic journals (if any) did you publish your results?
Not to mention, even if he weren't recognized to be a great actor, that doesn't imply he's a "subpar" actor. The fact alone that you claim his acting skills to be "mid," by definition, contradicts your very own argument. "Mid" means mediocre or average; "subpar" means BELOW average: in other words, LESS THAN "mid."
Last but not least, I was talking more about his acting in a particular role (GMP) than him as an actor per se.
Do the academies focus more on theory over practice? Possibly, but presumably his experience as a child actor counts as sufficient practice.
P.S. To answer your question, I'm on a chair. (lol) I usually sit when I post online, don't you? Well, now yk.
I have one big issues with cxx: his lack of charisma. many mid actors achieve peak popularity by making up for…
CXX graduated 1st in his class from Central Academy of Drama, one of the two most elite acting conservatories in China. He filmed Goodbye My Princess fresh out of acting school, for which he received high critical and audience acclaim in his leading role.
Given how competitive the C-ent industry is, coupled with the fact that he's represented by his own family instead of an established agency, by virtually any reasonably objective metric, his acting is at the very least more than "subpar."
But perhaps, your opinion should carry more weight than the collective opinion of dozens of professional critics as well as hundreds of millions of audience members.
It passed review and got its distribution license Two weeks ago,only airing date is what people are waiting for.
The OP of the thread in which you replied blocked me, so I can't see that thread when I log in, which is why I'm responding to you here.
To answer your question, I likely don't know as much as you do about what SWL went through in the industry. I'm not particularly interested in the private lives of C-drama actors, including SWL, because I mostly appreciate their acting and respect them as artists.
That said, I don't see how any of that is relevant to my argument, which was that wishing for the "downfall" of the C-ent industry is counterproductive because that would also lead to the downfall of C-dramas in general, and SWL's career in C-dramas in particular.
Ok, now that I've stated my case, I do remember something about his early struggles in the industry from an interview he gave on some kind of talk show, whose host was a lady in her 40s or 50s, I guess.
This was a few years ago when I first got into C-dramas, so I don't recall the exact details partly because it's been a while, but mostly because my Chinese isn't very good, especially back then.
As I said earlier, I don't like digging into the private lives of Chinese actors or any other celebrities, but SWL's interview came up in my YouTube algorithm (probably because I was watching Go Ahead at the time).
IIRC, SWL put a lot of pressure on himself to succeed as an actor because he wanted to help support his working-class family who were struggling financially. Apparently, it got so bad that he was losing sleep and his sister had to come stay with him to help ease his anxiety, not to mention transition into the industry. But he got a support role within a year and a starring role within two years in the industry.
But that's neither here nor there with respect to my argument, which is that the wished for "downfall" of the C-ent industry isn't going to do SWL any good.
Yes, but Go Ahead is an emsemble piece. Why are you making this out to be some sort of personal conspiracy against SWL?
To be honest, out of the 3 sibling leads, he gave the relatively weakest performance. Heck, the two actors who played his biological & foster father also did a better job. This is perfectly understandable because he came from a martial, not theatrical arts background.
That said, SWL has come a long way (pun intended) since GA. But even then, he isn't literally the most watched modern Chinese idol drama actor.
Let's support SWL, but not be "fanatic" about it like his haters.
The C-ent industry offered SWL leading roles from the start, despite the fact that he had no formal acting training, while he was still learning on the job. It nurtured his growth into the good actor we see today.
How would its downfall help anyone, including SWL? He would be out of a job. And you wouldn't be able to see his dramas anymore.
Did the C-ent industry manipulate the Netflix numbers as well?
There's plenty of hard historical evidence that Epstein & his inner circle have caused and engaged in sexual violence and assault against women, long prior to any knowledge or leaks of the Epstein files.
In light of Trump's history of serial sexual violence against women, young and old, not to mention other sexist and misogynist behaviors, you're comparing apples to oranges. Your analogy is so much a difference in degree that it's de facto a difference in kind.
At the end of the day, you're just rationalizing your lack of necessarily & sufficient evidence, let alone definitive proof.
You made the allegations, so the burden of proof completely lies on you. Nothing you've provided meets any reasonable standard of proof, or even decent evidence.
You seem to only like C-dramas that remind you of K-dramas. Or C-drama actors that remind me of K-drama actors.
On second thought, stick to Korean dramas PERIOD.
You keep backtracking because you got repeatedly called out for being full of it. Instead of admitting that you vastly overstated your case, you decided to dig a bigger hole for yourself.
What mid af trolling!
And by "wake up," do you mean ideologically, as in being "woke?" Or colloquially speaking, something like "you better recognize!?"
Last but not least, are your ad hominem attacks really necessary? "Trump cultist," seriously? Come on, you can do better.
Not only did you completely evade my challenge to your claims about ZLH's alleged "racism" & "misogyny," but also you deflect by tossing personal insults my way.
Ok, let me throw your own words right back at you: "Oh, a word of advice, insulting your opponent personally is an admission of losing the argument."
GAME. SET. MATCH.
Not to mention, even if he weren't recognized to be a great actor, that doesn't imply he's a "subpar" actor. The fact alone that you claim his acting skills to be "mid," by definition, contradicts your very own argument. "Mid" means mediocre or average; "subpar" means BELOW average: in other words, LESS THAN "mid."
Last but not least, I was talking more about his acting in a particular role (GMP) than him as an actor per se.
Do the academies focus more on theory over practice? Possibly, but presumably his experience as a child actor counts as sufficient practice.
P.S. To answer your question, I'm on a chair. (lol) I usually sit when I post online, don't you? Well, now yk.
Given how competitive the C-ent industry is, coupled with the fact that he's represented by his own family instead of an established agency, by virtually any reasonably objective metric, his acting is at the very least more than "subpar."
But perhaps, your opinion should carry more weight than the collective opinion of dozens of professional critics as well as hundreds of millions of audience members.
Your observation is on point; I couldn't quite put it as eloquently.
What I appreciate about Li Xian's acting is its range & versatility. LX is essentially a character actor in a leading man.
If you're interested in modern cdramas, I'd recommend Meet Yourself.
To answer your question, I likely don't know as much as you do about what SWL went through in the industry. I'm not particularly interested in the private lives of C-drama actors, including SWL, because I mostly appreciate their acting and respect them as artists.
That said, I don't see how any of that is relevant to my argument, which was that wishing for the "downfall" of the C-ent industry is counterproductive because that would also lead to the downfall of C-dramas in general, and SWL's career in C-dramas in particular.
Ok, now that I've stated my case, I do remember something about his early struggles in the industry from an interview he gave on some kind of talk show, whose host was a lady in her 40s or 50s, I guess.
This was a few years ago when I first got into C-dramas, so I don't recall the exact details partly because it's been a while, but mostly because my Chinese isn't very good, especially back then.
As I said earlier, I don't like digging into the private lives of Chinese actors or any other celebrities, but SWL's interview came up in my YouTube algorithm (probably because I was watching Go Ahead at the time).
IIRC, SWL put a lot of pressure on himself to succeed as an actor because he wanted to help support his working-class family who were struggling financially. Apparently, it got so bad that he was losing sleep and his sister had to come stay with him to help ease his anxiety, not to mention transition into the industry. But he got a support role within a year and a starring role within two years in the industry.
But that's neither here nor there with respect to my argument, which is that the wished for "downfall" of the C-ent industry isn't going to do SWL any good.
I'd also recommend A Dream of Splendor & Flourished Peony.
This is a public forum, not your private home, so I can say whatever the heck I want.
If you want to be immune to criticism, if you can even call it that, don't post in a public forum and keep your thoughts to yourself.
As for blocking me, is that a promise or a threat?
To be honest, out of the 3 sibling leads, he gave the relatively weakest performance. Heck, the two actors who played his biological & foster father also did a better job. This is perfectly understandable because he came from a martial, not theatrical arts background.
That said, SWL has come a long way (pun
intended) since GA. But even then, he isn't literally the most watched modern Chinese idol drama actor.
Let's support SWL, but not be "fanatic" about it like his haters.
How would its downfall help anyone, including SWL? He would be out of a job. And you wouldn't be able to see his dramas anymore.
Blossom
Blossoms in Adversity
Coroner's Diary
Imperial Coroner
The Double
In light of Trump's history of serial sexual violence against women, young and old, not to mention other sexist and misogynist behaviors, you're comparing apples to oranges. Your analogy is so much a difference in degree that it's de facto a difference in kind.
At the end of the day, you're just rationalizing your lack of necessarily & sufficient evidence, let alone definitive proof.
You made the allegations, so the burden of proof completely lies on you. Nothing you've provided meets any reasonable standard of proof, or even decent evidence.