Totally agree. This > Maid's Revenge > Forever Love. I hate how I have wetv but it's not on there and I still…
But they want to milk this. The CP here is quite popular so they want to drag it out for as long as possible. Good news is they're already on their 4th pairing! Yay!!!!
Totally agree. This > Maid's Revenge > Forever Love. I hate how I have wetv but it's not on there and I still…
I just saw the airing schedule. It ends on March 8. I don't think I can wait everyday for 1 episode. I saw some days 2 eps some days 1. Huhuhu. True though. This story is the best so far for me.
Is anyone like me super curious about the backstory in the drama between Luo Yi Ning and Lu Jia Xue? I didn't read the novel but I've read spoilers here about the novel story. I'm totally wondering how it will unfold in the drama. I know the story is about FL and ML but so far, I'm much more interested in 2ML than ML. For now.
I'm of the minority here but I like Ren Min's voice. While it may be high pitched, it's quite distinctive. So is her look. Not like the half sister and the elder sister of the first uncle. They look the same to me. Indistinguishable. Ren Min looks better here than in The Longest Promise that's for sure but I liked her there too. For me the way her character was written in TLP wasn't the greatest but she delivered.
This is my first time watching Zhang Wan Yi. He looks good here. Like really perfect for historical costume looking ML. But somehow his voice comes across flat for me. He modulates it so much that even if it's supposed to be a higher emotion scene, it just comes across controlled and restrained. I am not feeling the emotions. He has a nice voice but when he starts a longer line, I find my mind wandering.
The first scene and the background music reminded me of The Sword and the Brocade. I didn't watch Minglan or the Double so I don't really compare to those dramas. I'm liking what I've seen so far. My only dilemma now is whether to stop watching for a week so I can binge or just suffer everyday with two episodes.
I've kinda been in a cdrama rut lately. Nothing to watch but came across this on YouTube. For a revenge drama, this mini drama did it well. It's all about revenge which was a satisfying watch.
Is it me or doesn't the ML look like Yang Yang somewhat?
Next two years?? That's too long 😭 but they blew S2 out of the park so I know they will do S3 justice. I want…
They haven't started filming yet. And normally it takes year for post production. So I give it end of next year. That's me being optimistic. I hate having to wait for sequels. The waiting feels so long.
The last time I religiously waited for sequels was Candle in the Tomb by Pan Yue Ming. Hoping there will be a final one.
Just finished Season 2 To the West and It's even better than the first story. While the first one was a dark horse and caught everyone by surprise, the sequel upped the notch in terms of storytelling and production value. It's just sad that I have to wait another two years to see Season 3 Back to Chang An. I currently proclaim this drama as the best so far for 2024.
The stories/mysteries are very engaging and doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence. I didn't guess who the main culprits were. Beautiful messages spread throughout the drama. It's a positive and hopeful drama even while dealing with murders and death. I feel bad about the death of LLF's comrade from the army to Dalixi. I think Guo Zhuang was his name. I felt LLF's pain. The last mystery with Duobao made my cry especially when they were reading his notebook about taking his father's place to die. Sniff. The little girl actress who plays the granddaughter Xai Tai was also good. I've seen here in Shooting Stars.
Overall, amazing drama, well executed, and actors did a proper job of playing their characters. They respected the viewers. They didn't dumb it down. They gave proper closure to most characters. They really took care down to the details. Nothing careless and perfunctory. Even though there were deaths and sad moments, you don't finish the drama on a sorrowful note.
OMG. Just saw the schedule update. 1 episode per day starting 19th. It will end on the 29th with a special episode on the 30th. I"m guessing thats the extra chapters in the book.
Please give me strength to not pay for express. At least it's not available yet where I am. I don't even see SVIP. I'm trying to wait for the episodes when they're back together before I start bingeing again.
I'm of the minority here but I like Ren Min's voice. While it may be high pitched, it's quite distinctive. So is her look. Not like the half sister and the elder sister of the first uncle. They look the same to me. Indistinguishable. Ren Min looks better here than in The Longest Promise that's for sure but I liked her there too. For me the way her character was written in TLP wasn't the greatest but she delivered.
This is my first time watching Zhang Wan Yi. He looks good here. Like really perfect for historical costume looking ML. But somehow his voice comes across flat for me. He modulates it so much that even if it's supposed to be a higher emotion scene, it just comes across controlled and restrained. I am not feeling the emotions. He has a nice voice but when he starts a longer line, I find my mind wandering.
The first scene and the background music reminded me of The Sword and the Brocade. I didn't watch Minglan or the Double so I don't really compare to those dramas. I'm liking what I've seen so far. My only dilemma now is whether to stop watching for a week so I can binge or just suffer everyday with two episodes.
No English subs though.
Is it me or doesn't the ML look like Yang Yang somewhat?
Sima was a surprise. The story made him out to be somewhat villainous at first. but they were playing with the audience.
I hope they bring back the fake constable in season 3. He is a good man.
The last time I religiously waited for sequels was Candle in the Tomb by Pan Yue Ming. Hoping there will be a final one.
The stories/mysteries are very engaging and doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence. I didn't guess who the main culprits were. Beautiful messages spread throughout the drama. It's a positive and hopeful drama even while dealing with murders and death. I feel bad about the death of LLF's comrade from the army to Dalixi. I think Guo Zhuang was his name. I felt LLF's pain. The last mystery with Duobao made my cry especially when they were reading his notebook about taking his father's place to die. Sniff. The little girl actress who plays the granddaughter Xai Tai was also good. I've seen here in Shooting Stars.
Overall, amazing drama, well executed, and actors did a proper job of playing their characters. They respected the viewers. They didn't dumb it down. They gave proper closure to most characters. They really took care down to the details. Nothing careless and perfunctory. Even though there were deaths and sad moments, you don't finish the drama on a sorrowful note.
Counting down to Season 3.
Please give me strength to not pay for express. At least it's not available yet where I am. I don't even see SVIP. I'm trying to wait for the episodes when they're back together before I start bingeing again.