I'm wondering this too - I really hope it means he's given up on taking over Xin'an li, but I'm also nervous because…
he is definitely plotting but not against her. If he can oust Zhang, he can take her position there in Shanghai, but it's far from his ambitions. He had big ambitions to climb to the top. I think he has a plan to help MCH and her hotel involving Yueda and his career, but I'm sure there will be challenges. He told Zhang that his grandmother had entrusted MCH and her hotel to him. He told MCH that grandma asked him to help her.
I can't believe it took me two episodes to realize Zhang's assistant is He Feng Tian! He's in like every XK drama…
When he and XK were in The Untouchable Lovers, He Feng Tian played a bigger role than XK, but that all changed after Yanxi Palance, I really like him He Feng Tian in Royal Feast. I feel like he deserved some kind of best supporting actor role or something, the way he portrayed his character was so rich. He's a good actor, wished he can get better roles to shine. He's been in at least 5 or 6 or XK dramas.
"Xu Kai's voice is very suitable for the role of Yao Zhiming" "It sounds good!!! it feels like living abroad all year round" "Xu Kai speaks inexplicably and quite foreign style in the play, hahahaha Playing a returnee executive, Yao Zhiming has already won most of the time" "I think it's super good, his words are quite in line with the personality, and from the first episode, I found that his original lines are much more beautiful than when you smile"
The spark that lit Finally, a scene where they have a deep and meaningful conversation, but it was also romantic. The scene after they settled the defamation and are having coffee, the chemistry is electrifying. It was performed like a masterpiece, slow, tantalizing buildup of intense feelings, but it shocked her, and she spilled the coffee and he retracted, and it ended awkwardly. The spark has been lit.
YZM "I like you" (XK has a romantic voice)
"This scene is really amazing! There are not too many lines or too much body language in the whole process, just full eyes!"
"Yang Zi I know that she has always been strong, but I really didn't expect Xu Kai to be so good at acting!"
" two people who looked at each other knowingly after calming down! Really, how good the rhythm is! How good is the eyes!!" This is the !! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ of modern romance dramas that deserve me to watch
Agreed! Every time I watch a new series of his, I feel this is his most handsome character, until the next one…
I'm Chinese speak some Cantonese but no Mandarin, but very westernized. Being Chinese, the mother and father in this drama does not bother me. I don't have the I hate this mother reaction. I normally don't like this type of woman because they would be quite vicious, mean and evil like, but the actress portrays one who is likable, but I hope she can realize that what she has with her loving family is worth more than all the money and gold in this world. I like how fierce she is and how much she loves her daughter. But she needs to learn to back off like grandma told her to relax. Again, the greed and gossip I don't like but human nature, and when I watch, I laugh too because it's just a movie for entertainment and she injects humor into her character too. I like the mother and father's mannerisms, typical of lot of Chinese people.
Can someone explain The relationship between the grandmother and the female lead maybe maybe I missed it I meant…
grandma's son married and had ML ML's grandfather had another woman while married to grandma so grandma divorced ML's grandfather decades later, grandma married FL's grandfather, it has been called "twilight love" FL's father is grandma's stepson FL is grandma's step grand daughter and grandma is FL's step grandma but they call each other by grandma and granddaughter and are like soul mates
step implies no blood relations
grandma is an incredible woman full of beauty and grace and wisdom grandma said FL's grandfather was very charming FL's grandfather had to have been an incredible man for grandma to fall in love late in life despite all the gossip about them since they are older couple. This caused FL's father embarrassment and so grandma never lived with her stepson and his family, and has lived in luxury retirement home next to her cherished family hotel. Grandma's marriage to ML's grandfather were full of bad memories but she had a loving marriage with FL's grandfather but people gossiped about them (I'm not sure if grandma divorced FL's grandfather or took care of him until he died)
Grandma took care of all her grandkids. She paid for FL medical bills when she got sick as a kid and also paid for ML's educational expenses and living expenses as a kid. She is wealthy woman who owns property such an old but charming luxury hotel that is situated in a highly desirable location for development, and a beautiful villa where rich and famous people live
FL's family do not know that grandma is wealthy until FL's family needed a place to live, then grandma step in to help them, they discover she is wealthy. Her wealth is mostly tied up in properties but the properties are worth a lot.
Grandma and her grandson (ML) are the only ones who are related by blood. ML's father is still alive but ML has disowned his father who just got out of jail recently. On the ML's side, grandma's life was miserable and ML also had a horrible childhood abandoned by all the adults in his life and had to fend for himself very young age. If not for grandma's help with his educational and living expenses, he would have become homeless, but his grandma's help came only at a dire time and not before. His father's business failed and the coward abandoned his wife and kid. then ML's mother died in a car accident on her way to her boyfriends when ML was young ML's grandfather took him and his father abroad when he was very young and he never saw grandma again. He may have visited her but on this return he said that he hadn't seen her in a few years. ML considers grandma his only living kin (blood related)
"this is the workplace and love that I want to watch in the thirties urban drama!!"
"It sounds good!!! it feels like living abroad all year round"
"Xu Kai speaks inexplicably and quite foreign style in the play, hahahaha Playing a returnee executive, Yao Zhiming has already won most of the time"
"I think it's super good, his words are quite in line with the personality, and from the first episode, I found that his original lines are much more beautiful than when you smile"
the expression on his face
Finally, a scene where they have a deep and meaningful conversation, but it was also romantic.
The scene after they settled the defamation and are having coffee, the chemistry is electrifying. It was performed like a masterpiece, slow, tantalizing buildup of intense feelings, but it shocked her, and she spilled the coffee and he retracted, and it ended awkwardly. The spark has been lit.
YZM "I like you" (XK has a romantic voice)
"This scene is really amazing! There are not too many lines or too much body language in the whole process, just full eyes!"
"Yang Zi I know that she has always been strong, but I really didn't expect Xu Kai to be so good at acting!"
" two people who looked at each other knowingly after calming down! Really, how good the rhythm is! How good is the eyes!!"
This is the !! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ of modern romance dramas that deserve me to watch
Being Chinese, the mother and father in this drama does not bother me. I don't have the I hate this mother reaction. I normally don't like this type of woman because they would be quite vicious, mean and evil like, but the actress portrays one who is likable, but I hope she can realize that what she has with her loving family is worth more than all the money and gold in this world. I like how fierce she is and how much she loves her daughter. But she needs to learn to back off like grandma told her to relax. Again, the greed and gossip I don't like but human nature, and when I watch, I laugh too because it's just a movie for entertainment and she injects humor into her character too. I like the mother and father's mannerisms, typical of lot of Chinese people.
ML's grandfather had another woman while married to grandma
so grandma divorced ML's grandfather
decades later, grandma married FL's grandfather, it has been called "twilight love"
FL's father is grandma's stepson
FL is grandma's step grand daughter and grandma is FL's step grandma
but they call each other by grandma and granddaughter
and are like soul mates
step implies no blood relations
grandma is an incredible woman full of beauty and grace and wisdom
grandma said FL's grandfather was very charming
FL's grandfather had to have been an incredible man for grandma to fall in love late in life despite all the gossip about them since they are older couple. This caused FL's father embarrassment and so grandma never lived with her stepson and his family, and has lived in luxury retirement home next to her cherished family hotel.
Grandma's marriage to ML's grandfather were full of bad memories
but she had a loving marriage with FL's grandfather but people gossiped about them
(I'm not sure if grandma divorced FL's grandfather or took care of him until he died)
Grandma took care of all her grandkids. She paid for FL medical bills when she got sick as a kid and also paid for ML's educational expenses and living expenses as a kid. She is wealthy woman who owns property such an old but charming luxury hotel that is situated in a highly desirable location for development, and a beautiful villa where rich and famous people live
FL's family do not know that grandma is wealthy until FL's family needed a place to live, then grandma step in to help them, they discover she is wealthy. Her wealth is mostly tied up in properties but the properties are worth a lot.
Grandma and her grandson (ML) are the only ones who are related by blood.
ML's father is still alive but ML has disowned his father who just got out of jail recently.
On the ML's side, grandma's life was miserable and ML also had a horrible childhood abandoned by all the adults in his life and had to fend for himself very young age.
If not for grandma's help with his educational and living expenses, he would have become homeless, but his grandma's help came only at a dire time and not before. His father's business failed and the coward abandoned his wife and kid.
then ML's mother died in a car accident on her way to her boyfriends when ML was young
ML's grandfather took him and his father abroad when he was very young and he never saw grandma again. He may have visited her but on this return he said that he hadn't seen her in a few years.
ML considers grandma his only living kin (blood related)