- in the first episode, the ML is doing a scientific conference about time travel and how the future can change the past. The conference is stopped by the arrival of the FL. She looks at the ML, she is very emotional but the ML barely recognizes her,
- the ML travels to his home town where friends/classmates take care of his grand-father. On the walls, there are pictures of the ML with his grand-father, with his classmates but no personal pictures with the FL,
- At one point, the ML recognizes the FL on the picture, but it doesn't look like the ML or his friends taking care of his grandfather have a close relationship with her but STILL, the FL always visits the ML's grandfather when she is in China. Why, if there were no relationship between the ML and the FL in the past???
- When the ML time travels after picking the FL's old phone during the storm, he is sent to his past self and we see, when he arrives in class, his "original memories" of that moment: he is told to be the FL's deskmate but he brings the desks away from her and therefore, they were never deskmates, and then never friends,
- he changes that by accepting to be her deskmate, leading to them being friends and then to him falling in love with her
SO... why in the first minute of the drama, the FL is a mess, as if she knew intimately the ML, when he barely recognizes her?
My theory: at one point, our two heroes will have to close the connection between 2006 and 2019 and in doing so (not sure how they will do it but it can't keep being open), only the FL will keep her memories of the time traveling mess.
So either it ends there, or it's a time loop and the first minute of the show is the cycle beginning again.
I kind of hate the twist ending - Ye You Ning dies at the end in the accident instead of Xia Wen Xi and then they…
What kind of a ending is this, the ML dies and the second male lead never existed??? Okay, I'll settle for all our heroes alive even if the couples don't end up together. Is there a lik to the novel, who is the author?
Was just gonna ask about the ending of the novel. Dang, what to do? I really like this drama but I prefer happy…
I can deal with a bittersweet ending, with the two characters not being together in the end (even married to new characters, not already known characters), but I can't deal with characters dying. I mean, the ML or the FL. If Grandpa dies, I could understand, considering his health was a problem in the first episodes.
The novel does not have a happy ending. It could be open to different interpretations but it's definitely not…
Could you post the ending, with a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know? Tnank you. I have started this drama thinking there would be a happy ending and I can't give up now, but at least, I want to be prepared, just in case.
After 16 eps, all I really want for them is to have a happy ending. After watching the trailers and end credits…
Oh damn, that bad? I hate when series or dramas don't have a happy ending. As if real life didn't suck already, I really don't neet to invest in a show where it will end in tragedy. I hope some good sould who has read the novel will take pity on us and post (in a spoiler post) if it has a happy ending or not.
I will never be able to forgive the person who did dilrabas facial makeup! It does not match her skin tone at…
I noticed too and it's disturbing. It's just not natural at all. I'm conscious there are different beauty canons in Asia than in Europe (I'm french) but it's really distracting to watch her with this awful white layer of... whatever it is, powder? Unfortunately, it's not limited to Dilraba, I have seen the same make up on other actresses.
I forgot to add: yes, I think at first he wanted to go back to his first timeline and maybe that's his journey…
"That explains why the female lead acted like she knew him and liked him. Ye Youning isn't aware that he was going to time travel that day. But, the female lead's younger self might have already experienced the chain of events that he is now directing her to do. "
Tnen maybe it's a.... what's the english word? a time loop? The events we see have already happened in the first minutes of the show, and that's why the FL was present at the conference?? She had already lived those events but not the ML since he hadn't time travelled yet?
I believe in parallel universes (I was a huge fan of "Fringe"), but I have a hard time picturing parallel universes being created each time we make a decision. I mean, who knows, maybe our ML isn't the first character to time travel in this story, and considering there's been 6 billions human beings to have lived on Earth since the beginning of humanity, if 10 000 of them have experienced what the ML is living now, that means;.;; hundreds of thousands of parallel universes created, just by humans (not counting aliens, if they exist somewhere, who could also created parallel universes).
For my peace of mind, I prefer to picture new timelines replacing the original timelines everytime something is changed in the past
I wonder what the lesson will be: you can't change the past, maybe? It's forbidden? otherwise, worst things are to come?
It reminds me of one of a concept of "Doctor Who": fixed points in time. Events which, even ordinary ones, can destroy a timeline that shouldn't been destroyed. LIke in the first season of the 2005 Doctor Who revival, when the Doctor's companion, Rose, changed the past by saving her father's life (while he died when she was a baby). A simple event, which caused the destruction of everytyhing on Earth.
The main concept of this drama might be "Parallel Universe". Basically, there is a theory in Quantum Physics that…
I forgot to add: yes, I think at first he wanted to go back to his first timeline and maybe that's his journey in this drama: to go back to the start. Which makes me wonder why the FLF appeared at his conference, in the first episode. He hadn't had contact with her in the past, right? They weren't friend (he only decided to get to know her when he realized that the old phone was hers) and didn't interact so why did she act like she know him and like him?
Maybe at some point, she will know the truth, the time-traveling, the changing timelines, the "Boss" and she will do something to get the ML back to his original timeline, without his memories of his time-traveling?
It's really an interesting and intriguing drama, so many possibilities and I'm sad that the rating isn't that high. It deserves a much higher rating.
The main concept of this drama might be "Parallel Universe". Basically, there is a theory in Quantum Physics that…
Parallel universes is a possibility but I still think it's a case of changing timelines in one single universe. It's a bit hard to picture that all the universes he is sent to, he exists and so do his friends. What are the odds? A single choice in the past, like his father never marrying his mother, and he isn't born, after all.
That's why I prefer, personally, the theory of the hero time-traveling in his own universe but his different choices in the past create a new future, therefore a new timeline. And he is the only one who remembers the other timelines.
Maybe someone has read the nover this drama is based on to give us the right theory.
Quite an interesting show about the butterfly effect. Every change, whether big or small, change the characters's futures. Also, I feel like there are cycles, the first one was saving Grandpa, and once that was done, the love story in the future progressed well and then bam, new timelines created and the ML has to correct the past so that he can have a future with the FL.
I wonder if there will be a 3rd cycle? and when the FL will learn that "Boss" is in fact the ML from the future?
This show has more depth than I previously thought. A bit tough to watch because of all those timelines but it's worth watching because as a viewer, I have no idea what the new timelines will be, why, and how the ML will fix them.
I don't even know if there will be a happy ending. I sure hope so.
I'm not the only one who sees the ressemblance the ML has with... what's this korean actor's name? The one who played the ML in "What's wrong with secretary Kim"?
- in the first episode, the ML is doing a scientific conference about time travel and how the future can change the past. The conference is stopped by the arrival of the FL. She looks at the ML, she is very emotional but the ML barely recognizes her,
- the ML travels to his home town where friends/classmates take care of his grand-father. On the walls, there are pictures of the ML with his grand-father, with his classmates but no personal pictures with the FL,
- At one point, the ML recognizes the FL on the picture, but it doesn't look like the ML or his friends taking care of his grandfather have a close relationship with her but STILL, the FL always visits the ML's grandfather when she is in China. Why, if there were no relationship between the ML and the FL in the past???
- When the ML time travels after picking the FL's old phone during the storm, he is sent to his past self and we see, when he arrives in class, his "original memories" of that moment: he is told to be the FL's deskmate but he brings the desks away from her and therefore, they were never deskmates, and then never friends,
- he changes that by accepting to be her deskmate, leading to them being friends and then to him falling in love with her
SO... why in the first minute of the drama, the FL is a mess, as if she knew intimately the ML, when he barely recognizes her?
My theory: at one point, our two heroes will have to close the connection between 2006 and 2019 and in doing so (not sure how they will do it but it can't keep being open), only the FL will keep her memories of the time traveling mess.
So either it ends there, or it's a time loop and the first minute of the show is the cycle beginning again.
Apart from that, I love that show.
Tnen maybe it's a.... what's the english word? a time loop? The events we see have already happened in the first minutes of the show, and that's why the FL was present at the conference?? She had already lived those events but not the ML since he hadn't time travelled yet?
I believe in parallel universes (I was a huge fan of "Fringe"), but I have a hard time picturing parallel universes being created each time we make a decision. I mean, who knows, maybe our ML isn't the first character to time travel in this story, and considering there's been 6 billions human beings to have lived on Earth since the beginning of humanity, if 10 000 of them have experienced what the ML is living now, that means;.;; hundreds of thousands of parallel universes created, just by humans (not counting aliens, if they exist somewhere, who could also created parallel universes).
For my peace of mind, I prefer to picture new timelines replacing the original timelines everytime something is changed in the past
I wonder what the lesson will be: you can't change the past, maybe? It's forbidden? otherwise, worst things are to come?
It reminds me of one of a concept of "Doctor Who": fixed points in time. Events which, even ordinary ones, can destroy a timeline that shouldn't been destroyed. LIke in the first season of the 2005 Doctor Who revival, when the Doctor's companion, Rose, changed the past by saving her father's life (while he died when she was a baby). A simple event, which caused the destruction of everytyhing on Earth.
Maybe at some point, she will know the truth, the time-traveling, the changing timelines, the "Boss" and she will do something to get the ML back to his original timeline, without his memories of his time-traveling?
It's really an interesting and intriguing drama, so many possibilities and I'm sad that the rating isn't that high. It deserves a much higher rating.
That's why I prefer, personally, the theory of the hero time-traveling in his own universe but his different choices in the past create a new future, therefore a new timeline. And he is the only one who remembers the other timelines.
Maybe someone has read the nover this drama is based on to give us the right theory.
I wonder if there will be a 3rd cycle? and when the FL will learn that "Boss" is in fact the ML from the future?
This show has more depth than I previously thought. A bit tough to watch because of all those timelines but it's worth watching because as a viewer, I have no idea what the new timelines will be, why, and how the ML will fix them.
I don't even know if there will be a happy ending. I sure hope so.
I'm not the only one who sees the ressemblance the ML has with... what's this korean actor's name? The one who played the ML in "What's wrong with secretary Kim"?