xiuwan's romance-- the director was so stingy for not giving us more glimpses of her explosive romance. i love…
Ikr! Such a wasted opportunity. That scene is one of my favourites and easily the most memorable one, especially Xie Zhao's line: "Back then I wasn't worthy of you yet. That's why Heaven made each of us take a longer road and become better people before we truly met each other."
This might be an unpopular opinion, but given the kind of story this is and the era the characters live in, the romance between the leads wasn't really what drew me in. I never expected it to be an explosive one, considering LX's personality and the way she ended up marrying LJQ. What I enjoyed most was the storytelling and watching LX and the other women around her grow.
If anything, Xiuwan is the one who had the chance at the most explosive romance.
I wish they showed how old everyone was at the end of their life. At what age did LX, JQ and her mother die? Judging from the age for their children, LJQ seemed like he was in his late fifties or early sixties when he died.
OMG. What is this?!!! I have never seen such an amazing story telling in any Chinese drama that I have watched more than a decade.
This drama is absolutely a masterpiece in story telling and acting. Audience get to follow the journey of the XLX from teenager to her end of life as a great great grandmother. Absolutely love love this.
I don't usually watch modern dramas, but this one got recommended to me and I ended up binge watching the whole thing. I cried so much throughout. The stories about friendship are beautiful, and I'm still grieving YZ. That man was an angel. On another note, it's clear that LN and SZT really care about each other. I think the main problem in their relationship is that their personalities and love languages don't match. Being boss and subordinate only makes it worse, because SZT holds back a lot from LN for the same reasons. She’s constantly worried that he will judge her. She’s walking on eggshells throughout their relationship prior to the breakup and keeps trying to prove she's worthy of his love. Her main love language is words of affirmation, and that's exactly LN's weakest point. His words can be as sharp as a blade, piercing the heart in a single stroke. I really wanted to slap him at times, like bro… I'm glad he managed to win her back. I heard there's going to be a sequel? Does anyone know what it will focus on, and whether the same cast is coming back?
It’s wrapped up nicely even though I would have wanted a worse ending for the Yus, especially old man Yu.
If I were XTY and ZL, I would likely have made the same decision. The status and wealth in the capital is not worth sacrificing loved ones and losing oneself for.
Seriously. They’re two different stories. One was literally about the FL’s journey from butcher to general,…
Or when you need more stress and anxiety. Hahaha RoS is one of those dramas that makes me anxious. I think we can finger-count how many scenes that are not intense.
Anyways, I completed both dramas and love them for different reasons. I still go back watching POJ from time-to-time for the slice-of-life kind of feelings it gives me during the Lin’an arch in the first half of the drama.
From Yu Jingxiu to Fan YakeWritten by Dong Zifan on his official Weibo.Dear Madam.Greetings. Our argument in the…
He describes his character perfectly. This shows how capable he’s as an actor to be able to understand and portray such an unlikeable character brilliantly.
I teared up when Mo Yi was executed.I feel like it’s just so dumb that it was his wife who put him through this.…
His wife was tricked by Madam Wu to get Mo Yi sign on donation paper from Madam Wu to the Northwestern army. His wife thought that would earn Mo Yi’s some merits and propel him for a promotion. Little did she know, it was just a scheme of Madam Wu. They used that signed paper to accuse him of taking bribes. Yus murdered Madam Wu after she gave the paper to Yus. Madam Wu’s murder resulted into protests by the Anzhou merchants. Mo Yi was sacrificed to save Northwestern army and to appease the Anzhou merchants.
I finally picked up episode 31. I know this is only a drama but…
I teared up when Mo Yi was executed. I feel like it’s just so dumb that it was his wife who put him through this. I was so mad when she forced her husband to sign the paper and at General Mo when he was not strong enough to refuse. He must have felt helpless and guilty at that moment (because he took a concubine back in Ganlin) that forced him to give in to his wife’s will.
I’m scared to continue watching episode 31. I have a bad feeling that the emperor might be sacrificing Mo Yi regardless whether ZL/XTY has the solid evidence to prove his innocence or not.
That scene is one of my favourites and easily the most memorable one, especially Xie Zhao's line: "Back then I wasn't worthy of you yet. That's why Heaven made each of us take a longer road and become better people before we truly met each other."
If anything, Xiuwan is the one who had the chance at the most explosive romance.
At what age did LX, JQ and her mother die? Judging from the age for their children, LJQ seemed like he was in his late fifties or early sixties when he died.
I have never seen such an amazing story telling in any Chinese drama that I have watched more than a decade.
This drama is absolutely a masterpiece in story telling and acting. Audience get to follow the journey of the XLX from teenager to her end of life as a great great grandmother. Absolutely love love this.
On another note, it's clear that LN and SZT really care about each other. I think the main problem in their relationship is that their personalities and love languages don't match. Being boss and subordinate only makes it worse, because SZT holds back a lot from LN for the same reasons. She’s constantly worried that he will judge her. She’s walking on eggshells throughout their relationship prior to the breakup and keeps trying to prove she's worthy of his love.
Her main love language is words of affirmation, and that's exactly LN's weakest point. His words can be as sharp as a blade, piercing the heart in a single stroke. I really wanted to slap him at times, like bro…
I'm glad he managed to win her back. I heard there's going to be a sequel? Does anyone know what it will focus on, and whether the same cast is coming back?
If I were XTY and ZL, I would likely have made the same decision. The status and wealth in the capital is not worth sacrificing loved ones and losing oneself for.
RoS is one of those dramas that makes me anxious. I think we can finger-count how many scenes that are not intense.
Anyways, I completed both dramas and love them for different reasons. I still go back watching POJ from time-to-time for the slice-of-life kind of feelings it gives me during the Lin’an arch in the first half of the drama.
Mo Yi was sacrificed to save Northwestern army and to appease the Anzhou merchants.
I feel like it’s just so dumb that it was his wife who put him through this. I was so mad when she forced her husband to sign the paper and at General Mo when he was not strong enough to refuse. He must have felt helpless and guilty at that moment (because he took a concubine back in Ganlin) that forced him to give in to his wife’s will.