This is def worth the watch, its a really cool storyline, great actors and then ending has me more excited for season 2 then 1. My problem with this show, and I feel like how most people are feeling is the connection part. There is just something missing that is making me not feel for characters. i think the problem is this show was too short and it needed to be longer. It needed to give us back stories first and get us invested in these character and I think that was the miss. It was too quick, one thing after another and it was like oh okay what this new person oh they knew each other this way okay....sure sure...oh now feel for them, wait what? in like 5 seconds im suppose to be on their level haha. Besides that...which is a big miss yes, it really is a cool show and pretty great CGI given some past monster Korean shows.
I'm sticking with a 8.5 because it does deserve the love. Again the last 5 minutes hooked me, ready for the next one.
Solid watch, the past and present was a neat way to tell a story. I liked the ending because...come on how else was it suppose to end? This was really the perfect way. I get some of boring/slowness to it at points and also like she can fight...now she forgot? He's a celeb but now no one recognized him. Those little things were like uhh okay okay but overall worth the watch for the actors in it.
Spoiler ahead if you actually stay off social media haha
Finished, I liked it. Having a show like this (once in awhile haha) is a nice change. If it was always the expected, or boy meets girl happy ending well then that would be boring. I think this show did it really well and the small amount of their interaction in the end, where it was like we loved each other but we understand this is how it has to be was nice. Let's be honest also...the kissing scenes, in the top 5 best of kdramas hahahahaha. I also actually really liked her character, I know most people didn't, but it made sense with everything emotionally she was going through and how she was raised as an idol by him. Welp there are my two cents haha
Love seeing Chang Wook in these type of roles, he is so good at this type of person and he said he likes doing this work better! Excited to watch him again!
Agreed. They made them feeble. That was not necessary. And the uncle keeps crying over his dad. It's annoying.…
yea both of your points are valid. Like so much dead storyline that just could of been taken out. This show had such potential and then it was like how can we make everyone annoying and make you cringe...sorry grandmom storyline. They should of prolonged the fake daughter storyline and then the main villain trickles in. Take out all the brother stuff, if they aren't going to be useful and then put more focus on the parents relationships or something. I loved the homeless characters and then they turned them into unlikable people, they could of kept them pure and had her actually have friends. I am sad about this show since I generally liked both male leads and the mom. The main could of just dialed down her personality as each episode went on, like she didn't need to be a cartoon character with every scene. Welp now that I've written an entire review...thanks for reading haha
one issue i have is the brothers, making them soo weak and useless. In the first season her brother was a doctor....like we didn't need to make them both so useless
I'm putting a spoiler alert up here because its light on actual spoilers, but just incase.
This show did a really good job of getting you hooked at the start but it is a rocky show in the middle and end. The writing just goes everywhere and your thinking...what is the point of this. They should of shortened this to 12 episodes and focused on the past connecting with the present and take all the unnecessary things out/shortened them (stalker, ex gf revenge, mayor business) they could of just did the past thing with a love triangle also. Overall I still gave it a 8.5 because there was great romance still and Rowoon really is a great actor, main reason to watch this.
I'm sticking with a 8.5 because it does deserve the love. Again the last 5 minutes hooked me, ready for the next one.
Finished, I liked it. Having a show like this (once in awhile haha) is a nice change. If it was always the expected, or boy meets girl happy ending well then that would be boring. I think this show did it really well and the small amount of their interaction in the end, where it was like we loved each other but we understand this is how it has to be was nice. Let's be honest also...the kissing scenes, in the top 5 best of kdramas hahahahaha. I also actually really liked her character, I know most people didn't, but it made sense with everything emotionally she was going through and how she was raised as an idol by him. Welp there are my two cents haha
This show did a really good job of getting you hooked at the start but it is a rocky show in the middle and end. The writing just goes everywhere and your thinking...what is the point of this. They should of shortened this to 12 episodes and focused on the past connecting with the present and take all the unnecessary things out/shortened them (stalker, ex gf revenge, mayor business) they could of just did the past thing with a love triangle also. Overall I still gave it a 8.5 because there was great romance still and Rowoon really is a great actor, main reason to watch this.