Okay now that people have calmed down I have to say the pacing and acting took me out at times. Considering horror is not my genre at all I was intrigued cuz I get fomo when there's a lot of lore. So I did enjoy this show but the over hype honestly made me hope too much which lead me to be dissatisfied.
In general the plot was interesting enough that I didn't mind the slow burn but then it started getting really slow and boring for me. I remember that powder blowing scene being so hyped but seems like they added that for fan service, like give us one moment and then bring us back to the beginning again. Even Khem finally showing his sass didn't last long and the jealous Peem arc was teased for 3-4 eps. I thought if they're a slow burn at least the second couple would get a moving but they didn't.. they finally talked things through in the last episode like what TT.
The other thing is acting. Everyone was decent to good but Namping was noticeably weak at times and it wasn't until Khem was going through a lot did I realize he has 3 expressions. And the scared to cautious to worriedly scared to crying expressions all started to look the same. I was into it in the first few eps but then it became clear he only had a few expressions and I just wasn't connecting. Especially when he was with Peem who is stoic I really saw his micro expressions and felt it more. The side couple was good I mean both cps definitely have chemistry.
I've seen ppl talk about the nc in mdl and yea the first nc for KNP was good but the second was questionable. The expressions and care but spice was so good in the first nc but the second seemed like totally different energies but also with the editing and how much Peem was reacting it looked like they were alluding to something else. Idk it was not matched and I don't mean Khem shouldn't be nervous cuz he was nervous during their first nc and that was edited and done well. Anyways it's not that deep I was just wondering how ppl really felt over the loudness of it being hyped. Overall this show is good and all the lore with the mythical creatures were so cool. I just want people to manage their expectations with all the hype.
This was a decent watch they’re cute it’s just a bit boring but it’s still worth a try. I came from Me and Who and wow the upgrade and difference between these two shows is crazy. The aura, chemistry and visuals are so much better I just don’t think the blonde messy hair suit Park at all. I remember this show being hyped a bit years ago but I guess I thought it would be a fantasy and one of them would be fr magical so I kept waiting for Diew to be a ghost in the first 2 eps lol.
The second cp made me wonder why Beer even likes Wan, he’s such a whiner. But then the main couple got boring so I was rooting for some progress with the second cp. I do think they have some chemistry but wtf is up with how they got together… they seem to forget the first kiss fully and just acknowledge the second one and they become distant dr that. But hellooo Wan made a move first like why did we act like that didn’t happen. Even when they did get together why the heck was Wan just asking about chores 😅 he just wants Beer to do everything for him out of love and he didn’t even confess back. There was no I like you too he just said ok so u promise to do these things for me and take care of me…. Huh so again why does Beer like him. Also Diew’s friend got with that guy so randomly like when did that happen. They just suddenly had a double date together 😭
I was also wondering the whole time like why would it stop at midnight wouldn’t she have the whole day to kill him and then midnight of the next day when his bday is over is when it would actually be done with 😅 my other question was why couldn’t Peem stay in the bubble with the monk and Khem if it’s that strong or maybe she could break it potentially. Also I expected the monk to have some wise words for her or to be someone from the past life. That might still be brought up next ep but I thought there was gonna be a shock moment when they met. Net was awesome loved seeing him here. I hope the next episode shows us life after this curse is over and not just the last 10 mins TT
Last week and this week’s episode were especially bad what is up with the pacing and lack of execution. Last week they built up to Ciar bulldozing the training centre and going to war essentially but then we never actually saw it????? Wtf why did they just time skip it we wanted to see Ciar get revenge. They literally showed us more scenes of Mekhin trying to stop Ciar and telling Ramil to stop Ciar versus them actually showing the big dramatic fight. And how the heck could they have beat the vamps like these are some weak ass vampires. Ramil's lack of urgency is constantly pissing me off this can’t be real. I get he doesn’t wanna be the leader or kill anyone but you got NO other plan bro. At this point Methus should be the leader he’s calm he clearly has the patience of a god and has the ability to fight. Ramil has been so anticlimactic with all his actions and trying to have cuddle time instead it’s actually annoying. Even him going into the dream and being distracted was killing me. And all of that just for the Dunk and Boun scene to last like 40secs. Like what is up with the pacing and script..
can someone reccomend other bls of good quality, acting and production wise, like to the level of khemjira and…
Reset the series and Century of love. I’ve heard good things of My stand in and then there’s Shine that’s more political. My magic prophecy is actually quite good it’s a lot more serious then what u would assume.
Wait really it’s official? What happened is it on pause or just cancelled?
Wasn’t it official when they had that fanmeet reunion with the entire cast and that’s when they announced they were working on the script. But how do you know it’s been shelved then?
Guys plssss tell me if the YouTube version is the UNCUT??? And what site has it other than viu cuz I heard there was an uncut for today’s ep… but I didn’t even know there was an uncut.
Well I sure was surprised the plot changed and it’s not Mansuang anymore TT. I wish they could release even 3 ep of what they planned because I thought they were working on Shine as Mansaung uncut or prequel for a long time so I’m sure there’s a lot that was great that’s now lost media. This new concept is interesting but I got lost half way. The side character Krailert and the ppl around him seem to have more screen time and more impact to the story compared to Miles character…. It would’ve been nice to show at least one charged moment between MileApo. That dim blurred kiss at the end barely even looks like them. Mile’s hair is a bit distracting, his more natural grown shoulder length feels less cartoonish. Maybe the longer hair like Jeff had feels more real. But Mile looks really happy and excited with that hair lol. This looks like such a unique take on BL and I know is more lqbtq media but ppl will see it as BL regardless so I think this will be a great artsy fresh show for the fans.
I felt the same about PerTar tease. Especially because in the trailer we saw a moment where everyone was chanting…
Yeaa I’m feeling duped right now and I didn’t even care for them in the beginning. But that one scene in Tar’s room while they were studying got me curioussss and now it’s been weeks and nothing like damnnn
Wait did they just scam us out of PerTar…. Wasn’t last weeks preview hinting at PerTar happening at the party. Other than that this was a cute episode and it’s funny that Kim has become the chaperone cuz Mon’s mom is stressing him out. But I was disappointed we didn’t even get a slow romantic dance with KimMon like come on the opportunity was right there. They could’ve given us a hands around the waist forehead to forehead moment with maybe a kiss.
Oh man this show is cute and easy going but I really thought there would be more going on. We’re already half way but it’s not getting anymore climactic or interesting. Kit and Shane have a decent story going although idk how the next 6 episodes will go for them. But I feel like Shane is getting more stiff in his acting and with his chemistry as the episodes goes on. I was interested in PerTer for the first time when they had a small moment like 2 episodes ago but now they don’t even get more friendship type scenes. I know they’re hinted at again next episode so I hope they live up to the hype. I’ve seen more of their edits offline rather than edits from the show so I hope they actually get something good next week. Or else the hype will just die back down when they have potential. Kim and Mon were becoming my favourite but there’s literally nothing going on with them. Aston is hard carrying the promo for this show so when he said this ep would be a fun and cute beach episode I was expecting more. The only moment they had was when they reunited and Kim kissed Mons cheek which apparently was unscripted. But what the heck is even written in the script for them if even these simple things are unscripted like u have KitShane with proper kisses scripted and the in love couple KimMon have nothing scripted….. huh and wasn’t the love confession to soon and casual. They really just shoved a music video with the full ost playing in the aquarium I feel like nothing memorable happened in that whole scene. They need to add more depth to KimMon asap cuz idk what the plan is for them. The mom was also so wrong for threatening the teachers and it’s crazy we’re just glazing right past that. I did not expect Mon to give in to his mom and give that wacky speech. I really do like Kim Mon the most but they need to add depth to them asap or else they’ll be so boring. The teachers are fine but I’m not exactly rooting for them which is sad. I wanted those actors to be fire together
Ahhh they still got it I was nervous for them and the fans. I gotta say the more memorable chemistry ridden scenes are the ones that aren’t intentionally a romantic scene. The computer shop scene in general was one of the highlights just had me squealing. I’m not sure how I’ll feel about Phi he’s not that likeable even in the college flashback scenes so I’m a bit worried how much I’ll actually be rooting for him. Tam is killing it and I love them bickering together. I’m loving this show so far and I hope 10 episodes are enough. I need them to have another show for 2026 so I hope this goes really well for them. I actually did watch Be My Favourite when it came out and that was a great concept but again his character wasn’t the most likeable. So I just hope Krist gets a more charming character next time.
Well, they're not showing much about Thailand because it's not a story about Thailand 😅 But i understand what…
Yea Aof did talk about it that BLs are the soft power of Thailand and they’ll represent them well. Many shows talked about being in partner with the government to get sponsorship to help promote Thailand idk if the ministry actually did partner up with them like they did with BOC for Shine. But they for sure were emphasizing Thailand and how close it was to Emmaly. I’m sure more will come
Well, they're not showing much about Thailand because it's not a story about Thailand 😅 But i understand what…
I mean they did say they were gonna promote Thailand tourism as BL has soft impact on the economy that’s why I feel like ep 2 was sponsor city. But I don’t think that was enough PR for Thailand lol
I really liked the first episode it was exciting and a good set up but the second episode was sponsor city. I mean get that bag I get it but why does it feel so stuffed into one episode. And all that running around just to cut to them at the palace is crazy. I hope ep 3 picks up from when they reached Emmaly and his first impression idk why we sped right by that. Was that all they were gonna show of Thailand like the one market, vintage train spot, and the inhaler…. lol I was expecting more but I’m sure more will come up later. The drop was just too noticeable from ep 1 to 2 but that’s ok as long as the rest of the eps are ep 1 level. I also hope we get to see the fake dad again I don’t want him to be dead TT. I didn’t expect Jimmy to be such a red flag but okayyyy I’m excited to see where the other 2 cps come in.
The way Aston is hard carrying the promo of this show is crazy work to me. Idk about any of these boys but I remember Chokun from mlmu and I knew he would be popular when paired up. Luke and Chokun actually have such a similar look the pretty boy look I think they could play brothers. The show is cute enough but honestly seems like Kim Mon are the main I see most ppl drawn in to them but I hope they actually get development and more depth to them. I’m just unsure about Mick he seems more stiff than the other 3 also the hair keeps changing it always feels like something is off. The awkwardness and stiffness works to a certain level with this being about high-school but they got potential. The friends Per Ter are just whatever side characters but this past ep I finally got intrigued by them at the study session scene. I wonder if they’re actually gonna have a romantic connection in the show. The teachers are interesting ish but I feel like they could do more it’s just very eh. Honestly the only exciting moments are with Kim Mon because of ChokunAston but then not much actually happens so I hope with the mom coming in their story gets more depth. But seriously Aston is like a one man PR team at this point like I know they do group lives at times but I see nothing from the main cp thats not on the boys in love account.
In general the plot was interesting enough that I didn't mind the slow burn but then it started getting really slow and boring for me. I remember that powder blowing scene being so hyped but seems like they added that for fan service, like give us one moment and then bring us back to the beginning again. Even Khem finally showing his sass didn't last long and the jealous Peem arc was teased for 3-4 eps. I thought if they're a slow burn at least the second couple would get a moving but they didn't.. they finally talked things through in the last episode like what TT.
The other thing is acting. Everyone was decent to good but Namping was noticeably weak at times and it wasn't until Khem was going through a lot did I realize he has 3 expressions. And the scared to cautious to worriedly scared to crying expressions all started to look the same. I was into it in the first few eps but then it became clear he only had a few expressions and I just wasn't connecting. Especially when he was with Peem who is stoic I really saw his micro expressions and felt it more. The side couple was good I mean both cps definitely have chemistry.
I've seen ppl talk about the nc in mdl and yea the first nc for KNP was good but the second was questionable. The expressions and care but spice was so good in the first nc but the second seemed like totally different energies but also with the editing and how much Peem was reacting it looked like they were alluding to something else. Idk it was not matched and I don't mean Khem shouldn't be nervous cuz he was nervous during their first nc and that was edited and done well. Anyways it's not that deep I was just wondering how ppl really felt over the loudness of it being hyped.
Overall this show is good and all the lore with the mythical creatures were so cool. I just want people to manage their expectations with all the hype.
The second cp made me wonder why Beer even likes Wan, he’s such a whiner. But then the main couple got boring so I was rooting for some progress with the second cp. I do think they have some chemistry but wtf is up with how they got together… they seem to forget the first kiss fully and just acknowledge the second one and they become distant dr that. But hellooo Wan made a move first like why did we act like that didn’t happen. Even when they did get together why the heck was Wan just asking about chores 😅 he just wants Beer to do everything for him out of love and he didn’t even confess back. There was no I like you too he just said ok so u promise to do these things for me and take care of me…. Huh so again why does Beer like him.
Also Diew’s friend got with that guy so randomly like when did that happen. They just suddenly had a double date together 😭
Ramil's lack of urgency is constantly pissing me off this can’t be real. I get he doesn’t wanna be the leader or kill anyone but you got NO other plan bro. At this point Methus should be the leader he’s calm he clearly has the patience of a god and has the ability to fight. Ramil has been so anticlimactic with all his actions and trying to have cuddle time instead it’s actually annoying. Even him going into the dream and being distracted was killing me. And all of that just for the Dunk and Boun scene to last like 40secs. Like what is up with the pacing and script..
This new concept is interesting but I got lost half way. The side character Krailert and the ppl around him seem to have more screen time and more impact to the story compared to Miles character…. It would’ve been nice to show at least one charged moment between MileApo. That dim blurred kiss at the end barely even looks like them. Mile’s hair is a bit distracting, his more natural grown shoulder length feels less cartoonish. Maybe the longer hair like Jeff had feels more real. But Mile looks really happy and excited with that hair lol.
This looks like such a unique take on BL and I know is more lqbtq media but ppl will see it as BL regardless so I think this will be a great artsy fresh show for the fans.
I was interested in PerTer for the first time when they had a small moment like 2 episodes ago but now they don’t even get more friendship type scenes. I know they’re hinted at again next episode so I hope they live up to the hype. I’ve seen more of their edits offline rather than edits from the show so I hope they actually get something good next week. Or else the hype will just die back down when they have potential.
Kim and Mon were becoming my favourite but there’s literally nothing going on with them. Aston is hard carrying the promo for this show so when he said this ep would be a fun and cute beach episode I was expecting more. The only moment they had was when they reunited and Kim kissed Mons cheek which apparently was unscripted. But what the heck is even written in the script for them if even these simple things are unscripted like u have KitShane with proper kisses scripted and the in love couple KimMon have nothing scripted….. huh and wasn’t the love confession to soon and casual. They really just shoved a music video with the full ost playing in the aquarium I feel like nothing memorable happened in that whole scene. They need to add more depth to KimMon asap cuz idk what the plan is for them. The mom was also so wrong for threatening the teachers and it’s crazy we’re just glazing right past that. I did not expect Mon to give in to his mom and give that wacky speech. I really do like Kim Mon the most but they need to add depth to them asap or else they’ll be so boring.
The teachers are fine but I’m not exactly rooting for them which is sad. I wanted those actors to be fire together
I’m not sure how I’ll feel about Phi he’s not that likeable even in the college flashback scenes so I’m a bit worried how much I’ll actually be rooting for him. Tam is killing it and I love them bickering together.
I’m loving this show so far and I hope 10 episodes are enough. I need them to have another show for 2026 so I hope this goes really well for them. I actually did watch Be My Favourite when it came out and that was a great concept but again his character wasn’t the most likeable. So I just hope Krist gets a more charming character next time.
I’m just unsure about Mick he seems more stiff than the other 3 also the hair keeps changing it always feels like something is off. The awkwardness and stiffness works to a certain level with this being about high-school but they got potential. The friends Per Ter are just whatever side characters but this past ep I finally got intrigued by them at the study session scene. I wonder if they’re actually gonna have a romantic connection in the show. The teachers are interesting ish but I feel like they could do more it’s just very eh.
Honestly the only exciting moments are with Kim Mon because of ChokunAston but then not much actually happens so I hope with the mom coming in their story gets more depth.
But seriously Aston is like a one man PR team at this point like I know they do group lives at times but I see nothing from the main cp thats not on the boys in love account.